Windows 10: Win 11 connecting to a windows 10 VD disconnects when a sorage device is removed

Discus and support Win 11 connecting to a windows 10 VD disconnects when a sorage device is removed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When things like a dictation devicem, which is recognised as a storage device, or a usb flash drive are disconnected from a few computers at our... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Andrew Admin, Apr 16, 2024.

1. Win 11 connecting to a windows 10 VD disconnects when a sorage device is removed

When things like a dictation devicem, which is recognised as a storage device, or a usb flash drive are disconnected from a few computers at our company, all running windows 11, it boots us off the virtual desktop. Was wondering if there's any fixes people know of that could solve this issue. Sometimes its not instant and would take upwards of a minute to boot me off. Is this a server bug or is this something wrong in the settings causing it to boot me of or?

:)

Andrew Admin, Apr 16, 2024

2. Win 11 connecting to a windows 10 VD disconnects when a storage device is removed

When things like a dictation devicem, which is recognised as a storage device, or a usb flash drive are disconnected from a few computers at our company, all running windows 11, it boots us off the virtual desktop. Was wondering if there's any fixes people know of that could solve this issue. Sometimes its not instant and would take upwards of a minute to boot me off. Is this a server bug or is this something wrong in the settings causing it to boot me of or?

Andrew Admin, Apr 16, 2024
  3. Novgorod Win User
    Can't remove disconnected (ghost) network device

Thanks for the suggestion, but it can't remove the NIC:

Win 11 connecting to a windows 10 VD disconnects when a sorage device is removed 211391d1541524154t-cant-remove-disconnected-ghost-network-device-remove_nic.png

It's the only Intel I219-V that shows up in the device list of the DeviceCleaner program (it shows only non-present devices as I understand). Otherwise, the tool works - I found a ghost replica of the integrated GPU (Intel HD 530) and could remove it. Only the NIC gives this error message on removal, which is probably the reason I can't remove it the normal way through the device manager.

Novgorod, Apr 16, 2024
  4. Win 11 connecting to a windows 10 VD disconnects when a sorage device is removed

Trying to connect to a printer that is physically on a Win 10 computer from a Win 11 computer to no avail.

Hello Geldman,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble connecting to your printer. Since you’ve already tried the solutions suggested on the internet, here are a few more things you can try:

1. Make sure that the printer is shared on the Win 10 computer. To do this, go to the printer properties on the Win 10 computer and check the box next to “Share this printer” in the Sharing tab.
    2. Ensure that the printer is visible to other devices on the network. To do this, go to the printer properties on the Win 10 computer and check the box next to “List in the directory” in the Sharing tab.
    3. Try disabling any firewalls or antivirus software temporarily on both the Win 10 and Win 11 computers to see if that resolves the issue.
    4. Check if the printer is compatible with Windows 11. You can check the manufacturer’s website for the latest drivers and software for your printer.
    5. Try connecting the printer to a different USB port on the Win 10 computer.
    6. If none of the above steps work, you can try resetting the printer to its default settings and then setting it up again.
    I hope one of these solutions works for you,

Fathia A

Fathia Abukar, Apr 16, 2024
Thema:

Win 11 connecting to a windows 10 VD disconnects when a sorage device is removed

1. Win 11 connecting to a windows 10 VD disconnects when a sorage device is removed - Similar Threads - connecting disconnects sorage

2. Win 11 connecting to a windows 10 VD disconnects when a sorage device is removed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 connecting to a windows 10 VD disconnects when a sorage device is removed: When things like a dictation devicem, which is recognised as a storage device, or a usb flash drive are disconnected from a few computers at our company, all running windows 11, it boots us off the virtual desktop. Was wondering if there's any fixes people know of that could...
  3. Devices randomly disconnect, and connect.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Devices randomly disconnect, and connect.: I have a windows 10 Enterprise computer and it has been really acting up lately. I have been constantly checking for malware. I am overall pretty good at not executing suspicions files from online.So I was playing a game when my graphics drivers suddenly disconnected. Now for...
  4. Windows 11 Ghost USB device randomly connecting and disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Ghost USB device randomly connecting and disconnecting: I have an ASUS vivobook which I have used for about 1 year now and I have this problem with the USB devices.In device manager, it says there is an unknown USB device device descriptor failed that randomly connects and disconnects, sometimes in quick succession. However, this...
  5. Windows 11 Ghost USB device randomly connecting and disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Ghost USB device randomly connecting and disconnecting: I have an ASUS vivobook which I have used for about 1 year now and I have this problem with the USB devices.In device manager, it says there is an unknown USB device device descriptor failed that randomly connects and disconnects, sometimes in quick succession. However, this...
  6. Is there a way to remove the USB connect/disconnect sound for specific devices?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to remove the USB connect/disconnect sound for specific devices?: I know you can remove the sound entirely when connecting/disconnecting USB devices, but is there a way to remove it only for specific devices? submitted by /u/andynm8 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k2avvc/is_there_a_way_to_remove_the_usb/
  7. No sound when connecting and disconnecting USB devices

No sound when connecting and disconnecting USB devices: There's no sound when I connect and disconnect USB devices. The sounds used to work until one or two weeks ago. I am not sure if the other event sounds work or not, but I can use media players without issues. If I check the Sounds tab under Settings, I can see the event...
  8. DEVICE DISCONNECT CONNECT SOUNDS

DEVICE DISCONNECT CONNECT SOUNDS: I removed my device by the safely remove the device, & still get the disconnect-connect sounds, I do not want to take the computer apart or have someone look @ it to say it cost? I guess I can always wile not using it put it in sleep mode? Bob Thanks & God bless...
  9. Windows 10 connects and disconnects all USB devices

Windows 10 connects and disconnects all USB devices: I'm currently using version 1803 (17134.228). The only device I have constantly connected is wired mouse. Nearly 2 weeks ago mouse started disconnecting from PC. After replugging it continued working for several hours. The same happened with all devices connected to PC. Then...
  10. Device Connect/Disconnect Sound at Random Solution (Win 10)

Device Connect/Disconnect Sound at Random Solution (Win 10): I had been hearing (at random) the musical notes that usually hear when connecting a device to a USB port. This often happened while playing games. I read the Microsoft answers but did not see a solution that quite fit my situation. I did not want to merely turn off the...