Windows 10: WIn 11 could not update KB5016629 and KBKB5015882, stuck in reboot loop, then boot failed...

Discus and support WIn 11 could not update KB5016629 and KBKB5015882, stuck in reboot loop, then boot failed... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello gentlemen, Since July my Pc tried numerous times to install the two updates in the title: everytime installation failed during reboot "Something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jay Dot Ce, Aug 10, 2022.

1. WIn 11 could not update KB5016629 and KBKB5015882, stuck in reboot loop, then boot failed...

Hello gentlemen, Since July my Pc tried numerous times to install the two updates in the title: everytime installation failed during reboot "Something went wrong, but don't worry etc etc". THe error code is 0x8007054f.At one point I tried to manually fix the situation:-I ran SFC scannow-I ran DISM tools- I got fed up and reinstalled windows 11 altogether via Windows Installation Assistant.Yet, situation got only worse. At one point, after being stuck in reboot loop for like two hours, The os gave up and gave me the recovery options, asking to go back to a previous restore point. Nothing work

:)

Jay Dot Ce, Aug 10, 2022

2. ##solved##stuck in the "failed to configure updates" reboot Loop. HELP me please

As the title says, my nephews PC is stuck in the Reboot "failed to configure updates" loop. Safe mode DOESNT help, it just keeps looping. anyone have a Solution for this?

Windows 7

i dont know the update, its a dell optiplex 7010

jboydgolfer, Aug 10, 2022
  3. laptop win 11 incompatible, but attempts to reinstall at every reboot.

I Know my laptop is NOT compatible with windows 11.

(I have no TPM2.0 option visible in bios)

My Processor

( Intel Core i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50Ghz)

whilst being above min. spec,

is not currently supported either.

I therefore, obviously have NO intention of attempting to upgrade to Win 11.

The machine has other ideas !

Auto-download has already downloaded, and attempted to/failed to install win 11, multiple times.

Reading various comments elsewhere, At this point I should have been presented with the option:

"Do not install windows 11" .

I have not had this option, or I would have clicked on it !

I do still however need to download windows 10 updates, at least whilst still supported.

Automatic Downloads has been manually set to "off", in registry, and saved as such.

Machine continues to ignore this, and is constantly downloading updates, regardless.

Constantly Stuck in the following loop:

"Windows was unable to update to windows 11. Reboot machine to roll back update".

If I then hit reboot, and leave it alone to restart, it then stays on the updating (With timer spinning) screen for hours.

If I hold PWR Button, to kill it. then manually reboot, it then restarts without this loop.

I shouldn't need to do this every time I want to get in !

How can I get out of this stupid loop?

which update contains the windows 11 upgrade? There is nothing in the "Uninstall an Update" list, suggesting which one it is.

Can someone offer a step by step please, which DOES NOT include the usual "Pause updates" routine, as that method has been tried, unsuccessfully.

Regards.

Gary Armitage, Aug 10, 2022
  4. TeXBill Win User

WIn 11 could not update KB5016629 and KBKB5015882, stuck in reboot loop, then boot failed...

##solved##stuck in the "failed to configure updates" reboot Loop. HELP me please

Disable the anti virus. I had a couple of computers do the same thing. I disabled the anti virus and it went ahead and did the updates.

TeXBill, Aug 10, 2022
Thema:

WIn 11 could not update KB5016629 and KBKB5015882, stuck in reboot loop, then boot failed...

1. WIn 11 could not update KB5016629 and KBKB5015882, stuck in reboot loop, then boot failed... - Similar Threads - update KB5016629 KBKB5015882

2. Reboot loop after update fail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reboot loop after update fail: Hello everybody ,I hope you are doing fine.It's been a couple of days and I can not go throught with my update. The system reboots again and again until it just undoes the changes....
  3. Reboot loop after update fail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reboot loop after update fail: Hello everybody ,I hope you are doing fine.It's been a couple of days and I can not go throught with my update. The system reboots again and again until it just undoes the changes....
  4. Stuck in boot loop after failed updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in boot loop after failed updates: ASUS GL10 / Windows 11About 4-5 days ago I performed a scheduled Windows Update as well as an ASUS Firmware update. On restart after update, the pc failed to boot and would loop into a blue screen reading there was a crash. I booted into troubleshoot with F12, tried to delete...
  5. Stuck in boot loop after failed updates

Stuck in boot loop after failed updates: ASUS GL10 / Windows 11About 4-5 days ago I performed a scheduled Windows Update as well as an ASUS Firmware update. On restart after update, the pc failed to boot and would loop into a blue screen reading there was a crash. I booted into troubleshoot with F12, tried to delete...
  6. WIn 11 could not update KB5016629 and KBKB5015882, stuck in reboot loop, then boot failed...

WIn 11 could not update KB5016629 and KBKB5015882, stuck in reboot loop, then boot failed...: Hello gentlemen, Since July my Pc tried numerous times to install the two updates in the title: everytime installation failed during reboot "Something went wrong, but don't worry etc etc". THe error code is 0x8007054f.At one point I tried to manually fix the situation:-I ran...
  7. Stuck in a reboot loop

Stuck in a reboot loop: My computer keeps restarting and won't let me do anything with my keyboard to troubleshoot it please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-in-a-reboot-loop/dd649ab4-52aa-46c3-bbf8-0ad0d6206806
  8. Stuck on a loop win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on a loop win 11: I started my pc this morning and it showed a screen which said your pc needs to be repaired and an option down below which said click f1 to open the recovery environmentBut when i click f1 it just shows a black screen and returns back to the same 'your pc needs to be...
  9. Stuck on a loop win 11

Stuck on a loop win 11: I started my pc this morning and it showed a screen which said your pc needs to be repaired and an option down below which said click f1 to open the recovery environmentBut when i click f1 it just shows a black screen and returns back to the same 'your pc needs to be...
  10. Windows 10 update failed, laptop stuck in a loop rebooting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update failed, laptop stuck in a loop rebooting: Hi I attempted a Windows update yesterday, the update failed and now the laptop is stuck in a loop of briefly saying 'undoing changes' and rebooting. I cannot access safe mode, tried F8, tried hard resetting 3 times. Tried hard reset 20 seconds and leaving for 10. I have...