Windows 10: Win 11 Creating a bootable usb stick Error Code 0X8007007Bx0xA001B

Discus and support Win 11 Creating a bootable usb stick Error Code 0X8007007Bx0xA001B in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, my old win 7 PC died a death. My old external Hard Drive backup failed too. so I just purchased a new Win11 one. I want to ensure that I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nessa Bavington, Mar 4, 2024.

1. Win 11 Creating a bootable usb stick Error Code 0X8007007Bx0xA001B

Hello, my old win 7 PC died a death. My old external Hard Drive backup failed too. so I just purchased a new Win11 one. I want to ensure that I can re-boot it if anything goes wrong, a bootable USB stick seems the obvious answer. I have tried with several different large capacity USB sticks using the MS bootable USB download, but each time get this error code:0X8007007Bx0xA001BWhat is wrong please?

:)

Nessa Bavington, Mar 4, 2024
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Mar 4, 2024
  3. Tooslow Win User
    Create bootable USB for Win 10 install

Hi,

I downloaded the Win10 ISO and used the "Win 7 create DVD" program to create a bootable USB. I put the USB stick in my Win 8.0, UEFI laptop and it doesn't recognise the USB stick as being bootable. I have disabled secure boot in the BIOS (OK, UEFI). That
    makes no difference.

I have done some research and it seems that the USB must be in FAT32 format but the create DVD program formats the stick as NTFS.

So how do I create a bootable Win10 USB stick in FAT32 format?

Thanks,

John

Tooslow, Mar 4, 2024
  4. Ruler225 Win User

Win 11 Creating a bootable usb stick Error Code 0X8007007Bx0xA001B

Create bootable USB for Win 10 install

I also had trouble making a bootable usb, however, this weird method works. If you're running windows 8/8.1 (or any other operating system that can create recovery media) follow these steps.

Go to Start -----> Search for "Create a recovery drive" --------> Create the recovery drive.

Now comes the weird part:

Delete all the contents of the usb you created, but don't format it. Now, paste all the contents of the iso into the usb. No third-party software needed (unless your version of windows doesn't support native iso file viewing, in which case, download 7-zip).

I really don't know how this works (it worked for me). Maybe by creating recovery media, windows properly makes the disk bootable, then you can paste the files you want.

By the way, don't copy your pc's entire recovery partition to your usb, that will take way too long.

Hope this helps

Ruler225, Mar 4, 2024
Thema:

Win 11 Creating a bootable usb stick Error Code 0X8007007Bx0xA001B

1. Win 11 Creating a bootable usb stick Error Code 0X8007007Bx0xA001B - Similar Threads - Creating bootable usb

2. Win 11 Creating a bootable usb stick Error Code 0X8007007Bx0xA001B

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 Creating a bootable usb stick Error Code 0X8007007Bx0xA001B: Hello, my old win 7 PC died a death. My old external Hard Drive backup failed too. so I just purchased a new Win11 one. I want to ensure that I can re-boot it if anything goes wrong, a bootable USB stick seems the obvious answer. I have tried with several different large...
  3. How to create a bootable USB stick of Windows 7 Home Premium

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create a bootable USB stick of Windows 7 Home Premium: Hey guys, I have an HP 620 laptop which came with Windows 7 Home Premium. I found this link to download the ISO file https://archive.org/details/en_windows_7_home_premium_with_sp1_x64_dvd_u_676549_202303 , but what do I do next? Cheers.Gabriel....
  4. How to create a bootable USB stick of Windows 7 Home Premium

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create a bootable USB stick of Windows 7 Home Premium: Hey guys, I have an HP 620 laptop which came with Windows 7 Home Premium. I found this link to download the ISO file https://archive.org/details/en_windows_7_home_premium_with_sp1_x64_dvd_u_676549_202303 , but what do I do next? Cheers.Gabriel....
  5. Unable to create Windows bootable stick.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to create Windows bootable stick.: I'm trying to install Windows on my laptop with currently only a Linux distro on it. I tried several tools and tutorials to create a bootable stick for windows, but none of them worked, neither in Legacy nor in UEFI mode. Sometimes it shows the stick as boot option, but...
  6. Bootable USB stick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bootable USB stick: I downloaded from the official website the ISO of Windows 10, the one released on 10th of October 2020. At the moment I'm using Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS, and I want to go back to windows OS. As probably many know, while creating the bootable USB stick with windows ISO, I encounter...
  7. Bootable USB stick (Windows)?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bootable USB stick (Windows)?: How long does it take to create a bootable USB stick? Bootfähiger USB Stick (Windows)?
  8. Create bootable USB

Create bootable USB: Hi community, I'm creating a bootable usb by rufus. It give me 3 options: 1, Create with legacy BIOS or UEFI 2, Create with only UEFI 3, Create with only legacy BIOS Can someone explain to me these 3 options, and your recommendation option ? Thank you, have a good day !...
  9. Create a bootable USB stick via Mac?

Create a bootable USB stick via Mac?: Hello, I recently assembled a new PC, but now I need a bootable USB stick. Unfortunately I only have a Mac at home and don't know exactly how to create Windows 10 on the USB stick. I've already looked at a lot of things, but everybody does it differently. Can somebody...
  10. USB Stick not usable after Windows Creation Tool failed to create bootable WIN 10 USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB Stick not usable after Windows Creation Tool failed to create bootable WIN 10 USB: Hello everyone!, Today I got my new SSD and in order to set everything up properly, I bought a brand new Intenso 16gb USB-Stick (which was write- and readable). I downloaded the Microsoft Media Creation Tool, selected my USB stick and started the process. Just when it...