Windows 10: win 11 doesn't allow me to see contents of SD card connected by usb cable on android tablet

Discus and support win 11 doesn't allow me to see contents of SD card connected by usb cable on android tablet in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Have new android tablet with new SD card formatted. When connected to win 11 pc, can see card but not contents.havent had this problem with pc before.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ColinStodel, Jul 2, 2022.

1. win 11 doesn't allow me to see contents of SD card connected by usb cable on android tablet

Have new android tablet with new SD card formatted. When connected to win 11 pc, can see card but not contents.havent had this problem with pc before. Have checked for driver update and viruses

:)

ColinStodel, Jul 2, 2022
  2. cereberus Win User

Connecting windows tablet to pc via usb cable?

It is annoying that you can connect android tablets to a pc using standard usb cables to allow fast file transfer but you cannot connect a windows tablet in same way. Indeed connecting via standard usb cables can fry the usb ports or even cause a fire.

I can transfer by wifi using shareit but that is limited to about 5 MB/s compared with alleged 60 MB/s with usb2 (tablets rarely have usb3).

Has anybody ever used a usb bridging cable on Windows 10?

Most references I see only refer to Windows 7.

Edit: Just remembered I had a usb to ethernet adaptor. I connected that to tablet (via an otg cable), and connected to pc via ethernet cable and created adhoc network as follows by configuring ethernet adaptor on pc as

lan ip : 192.168.0.5
    mask : 255.255.255.0
    gateway ip: 192.168.0.4 (tablet lan IP)DNS server 1 : 8.8.8.8
    DNS server 2 : 8.8.4.4

and on tablet, I swapped lan ip and gateway IP as follows

lan ip : 192.168.0.5
    mask : 255.255.255.0
    gateway ip : 192.168.0.4 (pc lan IP)DNS server 1 : 8.8.8.8
    DNS server 2 : 8.8.4.4

I was able to see pc network from tablet, and copy files to/from tablet from shared directories I set up.

Was not that fast at around 11.5 MB/s but quite a bit faster than wifi shareit (using smb is painfully slow at around 1 MB/S. Shareit is much faster but fluctuates between 3&5GB/s and is a bit of a PITA to use).

I can now transfer a 1GB file in around 90 seconds. Even using my SD card does not go much faster than that. Also, as quicker, it is less heavy on tablet battery.

Still interested to see if anybody uses usb bridging cables though.

cereberus, Jul 2, 2022
  3. Bagoguts Win User
    Lumia 620 doesn`t connect to computer via usb cable

Hi yall and thanks for the replies!

Unfortunately, the were of no help.

The phone isn`t listed in device manager, the list of devices doesn`t change if I have my phone connected to my computer(s). There are no mystery devices, no yellow triangle -markings or anything even remotely pointing to the direction the phone being connected.

It could be that my phone has a broken usb port, but it makes me wonder that it still charges the battery when connected to a computer.

This is not a big problem for me, that I must admit, but still, it kinda bugs me that the phone doesn`t work the way it`s supposed to work,

Anyways, if somebody comes up with something that might help, I am most grateful.

Have a great weekend yall!

-

edit: Also, I have my laptop almost always connected to charger. Tried without charger just for the heck of it, didn`t help.

Bagoguts, Jul 2, 2022
  4. win 11 doesn't allow me to see contents of SD card connected by usb cable on android tablet

SD Card issues

OK - I just got this Asus Transformer Book with Windows 10 on it. I have a SD card that is formatted to ExFAT, and I keep getting the "read only" error. I know to go to the security settings, the problem is I don't have that tab on the card. I have it on the main drive, just not for the SD. I can't got to NTFS, because this SD is going into an Android tablet... Suggestions? And sorry in advance if this has been answered - my Google Fu is weak today...

cwaterhouse, Jul 2, 2022
Thema:

win 11 doesn't allow me to see contents of SD card connected by usb cable on android tablet

1. win 11 doesn't allow me to see contents of SD card connected by usb cable on android tablet - Similar Threads - doesn't allow contents

2. Win 11 to Android Bluetooth Connectivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 to Android Bluetooth Connectivity: I have an MS SP8 running Win11 23H2 - all updates up to date. I'm trying to use Bluetooth to connect to my Samsung Galaxy S21+ running Android v 14. Both devices pair with each other and show each other in their respective Bluetooth device lists. When the laptop is first...
  3. Win 11 to Android Bluetooth Connectivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 to Android Bluetooth Connectivity: I have an MS SP8 running Win11 23H2 - all updates up to date. I'm trying to use Bluetooth to connect to my Samsung Galaxy S21+ running Android v 14. Both devices pair with each other and show each other in their respective Bluetooth device lists. When the laptop is first...
  4. win 11 doesn't allow me to see contents of SD card connected by usb cable on android tablet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 11 doesn't allow me to see contents of SD card connected by usb cable on android tablet: Have new android tablet with new SD card formatted. When connected to win 11 pc, can see card but not contents.havent had this problem with pc before. Have checked for driver update and viruses...
  5. Laptop not allowing sd card movies to play

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop not allowing sd card movies to play: When i try to access the movies that are downloaded on my SD card, my laptop will not play them. I get some sort of denial pop up and thats that. I can view whats on my SD card, I just cannot PLAY the movies on the SD card. Someone please please please please help me!!!!...
  6. USB TETHERING TROUBLESHOOT TO CONNECT MY ANDROID TO PC WITH USB CABLE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB TETHERING TROUBLESHOOT TO CONNECT MY ANDROID TO PC WITH USB CABLE: I want to connect my Android through a USB cable with the LAN line of my PC. I turn on tethering in my android but yet I can not connect to the Internet. Could one help me troubleshoot my connection?...
  7. Win 10 laptop reinstall through android with no sd card.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 laptop reinstall through android with no sd card.: What i want to accomplish is installing win10 iso image from my phone to my pc without an sd card. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-laptop-reinstall-through-android-with-no-sd/e105fc24-a41d-4eba-9ca6-268118287ab5
  8. Win 10 laptop reinstall through android with no sd card.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 laptop reinstall through android with no sd card.: Hello i fubared my win10 home edition by accidentaly deleting system critical data from the c drive. I have an Alcatel 7 phone im trying to use as a pen drive to install the win 10 iso image i downloaded onto the phone. The pc "HP Pavilion" cannot connect to the internet...
  9. Connecting windows tablet to pc via usb cable?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting windows tablet to pc via usb cable?: It is annoying that you can connect android tablets to a pc using standard usb cables to allow fast file transfer but you cannot connect a windows tablet in same way. Indeed connecting via standard usb cables can fry the usb ports or even cause a fire. I can transfer by...
  10. Android 6.0 - W10 only sees phone data not sd card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Android 6.0 - W10 only sees phone data not sd card: Hi there W10 only seems to see the internal data storage of an S5 phone (Samsung) just updated to Android V6 - and can't see the micro sd card (32GB). Worked perfectly with Android 5.0 -- moral -- don't automatically let your phone update Android -- seems Android 6 is a...