Windows 10: Win 11 - Error - This file is write protected - Photos and some movies.

Discus and support Win 11 - Error - This file is write protected - Photos and some movies. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi All - O.S. Win 11- Desktop Tower with O.S. Drive C and also Drive D. In addition I have 1x4TB and 1x12TB Western Digital external Drives connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bob Turner2, Feb 21, 2024.

1. Win 11 - Error - This file is write protected - Photos and some movies.

Hi All - O.S. Win 11- Desktop Tower with O.S. Drive C and also Drive D. In addition I have 1x4TB and 1x12TB Western Digital external Drives connected to the tower. I am the only user of this equipment.I have administrator rights at least I think I do!I have thousands of photos and some movie files across drives D - 4TB - 12TB. I am currently trying to catalogue all of these but I am unable to move/edit or delete specific duplicate/backup files. This DOES NOT apply to D or 12TB. On D and 12TB Properties>Security shows 'Authenticated Users' and everything seems to be OK here and I can

:)

Bob Turner2, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

Win 11 - Error - This file is write protected - Photos and some movies.

1. Win 11 - Error - This file is write protected - Photos and some movies. - Similar Threads - Error file write

2. Win 11 - Error - This file is write protected - Photos and some movies.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 - Error - This file is write protected - Photos and some movies.: Hi All - O.S. Win 11- Desktop Tower with O.S. Drive C and also Drive D. In addition I have 1x4TB and 1x12TB Western Digital external Drives connected to the tower. I am the only user of this equipment.I have administrator rights at least I think I do!I have thousands of...
  3. Write protection error of image files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Write protection error of image files: Whenever I go to open image files in my laptop I get the error that it is write protected. I've gone into the properties of the images and the read-only boxes are unchecked. How would I go about fixing this error?This error occurs on all images, even ones I've previously been...
  4. Write protection error of image files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Write protection error of image files: Whenever I go to open image files in my laptop I get the error that it is write protected. I've gone into the properties of the images and the read-only boxes are unchecked. How would I go about fixing this error?...
  5. Write protection error of image files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Write protection error of image files: Whenever I go to open image files in my laptop I get the error that it is write protected. I've gone into the properties of the images and the read-only boxes are unchecked. How would I go about fixing this error?...
  6. write protected photos

write protected photos: How do I remove the write protected from my photos. They were not write protcted on Saturday but when I tried to open them on Sunday they said write protected and woyld not open....
  7. Write Protection Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Write Protection Error: [ATTACH] Every other day I have this error. After coming back to my sleeping computer in the morning this box is on the lock screen but also the desktop. I have a WD Passport removable hard drive connected that has Security and Maintenance alert for scanning the drive. I've...
  8. Write Protected photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Write Protected photos: I can no longer open my new photos that I have downloaded from my camera. I have hundreds of photos and can open those, but the new ones sat "write protected" I know the computer just did a Microsoft update, does that have anything to do with it and how do I fix the...
  9. Write protected photos

Write protected photos: It appears that overnight all media (photos, video etc) on my laptop have become write protected! I can't open anything. What did I do? How can I correct the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/write-protected-photos/a10d044e-5e65-4148-83a3-ec2d15a95a70"
  10. Write Protected photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Write Protected photos: I can no longer open my new photos that I have downloaded from my camera. I have hundreds of photos and can open those, but the new ones sat "write protected" I know the computer just did a Microsoft update, does that have anything to do with it and how do I fix the...