Windows 10: Win 11 Explorer Pictures Folders

Discus and support Win 11 Explorer Pictures Folders in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Greetings, I see a "Pictures" folder has a blue icon in Win 11 Explorer Quick Access. I would like to move all my pictures over to my C drive. Can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by helpout123, Jan 28, 2023.

1. Win 11 Explorer Pictures Folders

Greetings, I see a "Pictures" folder has a blue icon in Win 11 Explorer Quick Access. I would like to move all my pictures over to my C drive. Can someone suggest an easily accessible/recommended place on C drive to put all my pictures ? I found a folder called in C, Users, Default also called "Pictures" minus the blue icon. What is the difference between the two Pictures folders ?

:)

helpout123, Jan 28, 2023
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. I can get only single pictures using picture gallery slideshow

Hi Steve,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. I suggest you to copy all the pictures in libraries picture folder.

• Open files explorer and click on the Picture folder.
    • Now copy all your favorite picture to the picture folder.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the status.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 28, 2023
  4. Win 11 Explorer Pictures Folders

Pictures in Windows 10

Hi Sugar,

Apologize for the late reply.

Are you able to find other files and folders on Windows 10?

I suggest you to have a look for Windows 8.1 pictures in Windows.old folder.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + E keys to open Windows explorer
    • Press C:\ Drive
    • under C: drive look for Windows.old folder
    • open users under Windows.old

Try the search for pictures in here.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Jan 28, 2023
Thema:

Win 11 Explorer Pictures Folders

1. Win 11 Explorer Pictures Folders - Similar Threads - Explorer Pictures Folders

2. win 11 File Explorer This PC folders disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 11 File Explorer This PC folders disappeared: win 11: File Explorer Documents Music Pictures Video folders under This PC disappearedRebooting, Resetting PC did not fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-file-explorer-this-pc-folders-disappeared/63f41a54-968c-485c-aa5a-3cc15b21e37a
  3. win 11 File Explorer This PC folders disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 11 File Explorer This PC folders disappeared: win 11: File Explorer Documents Music Pictures Video folders under This PC disappearedRebooting, Resetting PC did not fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-file-explorer-this-pc-folders-disappeared/63f41a54-968c-485c-aa5a-3cc15b21e37a
  4. Win 11 Explorer Pictures Folders

Win 11 Explorer Pictures Folders: Greetings, I see a "Pictures" folder has a blue icon in Win 11 Explorer Quick Access. I would like to move all my pictures over to my C drive. Can someone suggest an easily accessible/recommended place on C drive to put all my pictures ? I found a folder called in C, Users,...
  5. Corrupted Folders in Win Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted Folders in Win Explorer: Hello, I recently did a huge mass-delete of deeply nested files, but the process left behind 3 folders that can't be deleted.E:\Deep Scan F\Recovery_20220724_150611\Miscz\auxE:\Deep Scan F\Recovery_20220724_150611\Miscz\conE:\Deep Scan...
  6. Win 11 File Explorer Document Folder problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 File Explorer Document Folder problems: I had to do a clean install of Win11 due to some problems running programs. After the installation and restoring of my personal files from the cloud, I've been having problems with my Documents and Pictures folders showing in File Explorer. I am having trouble keeping them...
  7. Win 11 File Explorer Document Folder problems

Win 11 File Explorer Document Folder problems: I had to do a clean install of Win11 due to some problems running programs. After the installation and restoring of my personal files from the cloud, I've been having problems with my Documents and Pictures folders showing in File Explorer. I am having trouble keeping them...
  8. Opening Pictures Using Win 11 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opening Pictures Using Win 11 File Explorer: When I try to open a picture on my HD using Win 11 File Explorer double click thumbnail, I get an error message; it shows the route to the picture file in the error message with this additional message "The specified procedure could not be found." I can view the thumbnails in...
  9. Opening Pictures Using Win 11 File Explorer

Opening Pictures Using Win 11 File Explorer: When I try to open a picture on my HD using Win 11 File Explorer double click thumbnail, I get an error message; it shows the route to the picture file in the error message with this additional message "The specified procedure could not be found." I can view the thumbnails in...
  10. Two 'Music' and 'Pictures' folders in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Two 'Music' and 'Pictures' folders in Explorer: Hello, After installing Windows 10 a couple of years ago I followed this tutorial to relocate my 'Music' and 'Pictures' folders to my D: drive. Now, whenever Windows 10 updates, if I browse to %USERPROFILE% I see two 'Music' folders and two 'Pictures' folders in Explorer:...