Windows 10: Win 11 File Explorer Document Folder problems

Discus and support Win 11 File Explorer Document Folder problems in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had to do a clean install of Win11 due to some problems running programs. After the installation and restoring of my personal files from the cloud,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by William Sturgis, Jul 27, 2022.

1. Win 11 File Explorer Document Folder problems

I had to do a clean install of Win11 due to some problems running programs. After the installation and restoring of my personal files from the cloud, I've been having problems with my Documents and Pictures folders showing in File Explorer. I am having trouble keeping them synced in the 4 FIle Explorer locations;williamsturgis----My NameThis PC----where the correct copies should beC:/users/wjstur----Where the correct copies seem to beLibrariesI had some problems with OneDrive, Which I thought I had disabled, But there always seem to be a piece of it sticking around, which I couldn't delete, so

:)

William Sturgis, Jul 27, 2022
  2. nrr18 Win User

document folders win 11

On my previous win 10 computer I had 8 external drives attached, I redirected the DOCUMENT folder to a folder on one of these externals (to save space on my main drive c:. drive,) That computer "died"; I bought a new win 11 and attached all the external drives to it--win 11 recognized lots of my old settings including my document redirection, BUT there are now lots of document* folders scattered among my other externals. I want ONE single document folder for all my saved pdfs.

*some folders seem to duplicate data in other folders...too much clutter.

HELP!

nrr18, Jul 27, 2022
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    My internal hard drive personal document folders do not show in file explorer

Hi Kari,

If you're having trouble seeing your personal documents, it might be caused by a file corruption. We suggest following the steps provided by Pavan_N in this
    thread that was found helpful in resolving similar issue.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Jul 27, 2022
  4. Win 11 File Explorer Document Folder problems

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jul 27, 2022
Thema:

Win 11 File Explorer Document Folder problems

1. Win 11 File Explorer Document Folder problems - Similar Threads - File Explorer Document

2. win 11 File Explorer This PC folders disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 11 File Explorer This PC folders disappeared: win 11: File Explorer Documents Music Pictures Video folders under This PC disappearedRebooting, Resetting PC did not fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-file-explorer-this-pc-folders-disappeared/63f41a54-968c-485c-aa5a-3cc15b21e37a
  3. Win 11 File Explorer Document Folder problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 File Explorer Document Folder problems: I had to do a clean install of Win11 due to some problems running programs. After the installation and restoring of my personal files from the cloud, I've been having problems with my Documents and Pictures folders showing in File Explorer. I am having trouble keeping them...
  4. document folders win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    document folders win 11: On my previous win 10 computer I had 8 external drives attached, I redirected the DOCUMENT folder to a folder on one of these externals to save space on my main drive c:. drive, That computer "died"; I bought a new win 11 and attached all the external drives to it--win 11...
  5. document folders win 11

document folders win 11: On my previous win 10 computer I had 8 external drives attached, I redirected the DOCUMENT folder to a folder on one of these externals to save space on my main drive c:. drive, That computer "died"; I bought a new win 11 and attached all the external drives to it--win 11...
  6. Problems with Files in Documents Folder

Problems with Files in Documents Folder: I have noticed that in my Documents folder some of the files have an "X" over the icon. This may be indicating some files that I have not opened in a while or that are older. I attempted to open a Word document with the "X" and I am not allowed to open it.Is this a feature of...
  7. Problems with Files in Documents Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems with Files in Documents Folder: I have noticed that in my Documents folder some of the files have an "X" over the icon. This may be indicating some files that I have not opened in a while or that are older. I attempted to open a Word document with the "X" and I am not allowed to open it.Is this a feature of...
  8. Problems with Files in Documents Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Documents Folder on This PC - File Explorer

Documents Folder on This PC - File Explorer: Hi, For some reason since refreshing my Windows 10 installation, the Documents folder under This PC now points to the Documents folder on my One Drive. It always used to point to the documents folder in my users/(username) directory on my hard drive, and since this is the...
  10. Win 10 Documents Folder Problem

Win 10 Documents Folder Problem: Hi, I have what appears to be a very difficult problem. I used LapLink PC Mover Professional to move my files and programs from my desktop PC to my Surface Pro 3 laptop. In the process my This PC>Document folder became locked up with the OneDrive > Mucic folder in that a...