Windows 10: Win 11 File Explorer Preview Pane Inconsistent Behavior

Discus and support Win 11 File Explorer Preview Pane Inconsistent Behavior in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Upgraded from Win10 Pro to Win11 Pro ver 21H2 build 22000.438 recently. File Explorer Preview pane works fine for MS Office documents, PDF in all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by _RC_, Jan 27, 2022.

1. _RC_ Win User

Win 11 File Explorer Preview Pane Inconsistent Behavior

Upgraded from Win10 Pro to Win11 Pro ver 21H2 build 22000.438 recently. File Explorer Preview pane works fine for MS Office documents, PDF in all folders and subfolders. But not for the bmp, png files and inconsistent for JPG files.It works for some JPG files but not for other JPGs in the same subfolder. Curiously, some JPG-file's medium- and large-icons show the content properly but not in the Preview pane. For other files, default icon is shown but nothing in the Preview pane. Has anyone else seen this? Any workarounds??? ThanksPs: As noted by others, Win Explorer is slow. F11 trick usual

:)

2. preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jan 27, 2022
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer Preview Pane Word Doc fix

Seriously, what's so difficult to understand about these simple steps?

Win 11 File Explorer Preview Pane Inconsistent Behavior 9268fd52-a2eb-45b7-9e65-9eed7f92b5bb.png

RobertJWin, Jan 27, 2022
  4. Eclassbud Win User

Video in the preview pane

Aileen,

Thank you so much for your reply.

What I really need to know is how get the video to play in the preview pane. Prior to Windows 10, this worked wonderfully and was an asset. Now, it requires making changes to the Windows registry - not recommended due to the enormous amount of issues with
    Windows 10.

Any other suggestions?

Eclassbud, Jan 27, 2022
Thema:

1. Win 11 File Explorer Preview Pane Inconsistent Behavior - Similar Threads - File Explorer Preview

2. Win 11 File Explorer Details Pane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 File Explorer Details Pane: Upon the last update, I can no longer see details of multiple i.e. more than one media files audio and video when selected. This is rather critical as I work with audio and video files. I must be able to determine whether to join files, split them or leave them as they are....
  3. Win 11 File Explorer Details Pane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 File Explorer Details Pane: Upon the last update, I can no longer see details of multiple i.e. more than one media files audio and video when selected. This is rather critical as I work with audio and video files. I must be able to determine whether to join files, split them or leave them as they are....
  4. File Explorer Preview Pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Preview Pane: Hi allI'm having an issue with the preview pane in File Explorer.I can turn the pane on like normal, however sometimes the navigation buttons for the preview pane move the ones to click to next page etc.Sometimes they are at the top of the file and sometimes they are below....
  5. File Explorer Preview Pane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Preview Pane: Hi allI'm having an issue with the preview pane in File Explorer.I can turn the pane on like normal, however sometimes the navigation buttons for the preview pane move the ones to click to next page etc.Sometimes they are at the top of the file and sometimes they are below....
  6. File Explorer Preview Pane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Preview Pane in File Explorer

Preview Pane in File Explorer: Does anyone know why my Previrew Pane is showing an Index?***Moved from Microsoft 365 and Office / Other / For business / Other*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preview-pane-in-file-explorer/bd53d4ec-158c-43c0-a519-6a5840634053
  8. Win 11 File Explorer Preview Pane Inconsistent Behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 File Explorer Preview Pane Inconsistent Behavior: Upgraded from Win10 Pro to Win11 Pro ver 21H2 build 22000.438 recently. File Explorer Preview pane works fine for MS Office documents, PDF in all folders and subfolders. But not for the bmp, png files and inconsistent for JPG files.It works for some JPG files but not for...
  9. No file preview in the preview pane and file explore

No file preview in the preview pane and file explore: This is an ongoing, intermittent problem. For no apparent reason, my documents well stop being previewed in the previewed pain of file Explorer. Today, Word docs are previewing, but it takes a long time for them to appear. PDF docs are not previewing at all. Yesterday,...
  10. file explorer preview pane

file explorer preview pane: Problem I`m having is the preview pane will show pdf`s fine, but will not preview jpegs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-preview-pane/3166cd80-4954-4b11-8def-bf594a2d9831"