Windows 10: win 11 folder subfolder issues

Discus and support win 11 folder subfolder issues in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a folder on my desktop i would like to move back into its correct place. I get a message saying, "The destination folder is a subfolder of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MarkMilson, Jul 16, 2022.

1. win 11 folder subfolder issues

I have a folder on my desktop i would like to move back into its correct place. I get a message saying, "The destination folder is a subfolder of the source folder". I can't figure out how to fix this.

:)

MarkMilson, Jul 16, 2022

2. How do I move a subfolder from its folder on the Edge Favorites bar to its own position on the Favorites bar?

Hi Denzil,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Click on the Hub option on top right of the screen.
    • Select the subfolder that you want to move.
    • Drag the subfolder & drop on the folder.

Check if it helps

Hope this helps, if the issue persists do get back to us we will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jul 16, 2022
  3. TomStrong Win User
    Folder view issue

I want my folders (and subfolders) to stay in List view but they keep changing to Details view.

I have tried View>Options>Apply to Folders many times but it doesn't stick.

Any suggestions?

TomStrong, Jul 16, 2022
  4. hld2 Win User

win 11 folder subfolder issues

List all file folders, followed by subfolders and files in them was in Windows 7. Is it possible to get this list in Win 10

List all file folders, followed by subfolders and files in them was in Windows 7. Is it possible to get this list in Win 10 in the same order?

Thema:

win 11 folder subfolder issues

1. win 11 folder subfolder issues - Similar Threads - folder subfolder issues

2. Win 11 Users folder issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 Users folder issue: I have a partitioned drive C for Apps and D for data. Somehow my users folder has moved to the desktop. Instead of D:\users\my name when I check properties - my name is on the desktop in a blue folder. And when I click that documents are a grey folder not the usual yellow,...
  3. Win 11 Users folder issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 Users folder issue: I have a partitioned drive C for Apps and D for data. Somehow my users folder has moved to the desktop. Instead of D:\users\my name when I check properties - my name is on the desktop in a blue folder. And when I click that documents are a grey folder not the usual yellow,...
  4. Creating the same subfolder in multiple folders and moving the contents into that subfolder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating the same subfolder in multiple folders and moving the contents into that subfolder: HiI don't know how to explain this clearly but I have many project folders let's name them A, B, C, .....etc.Inside each of them are multiple files and subfolders.I want to make a subfolder named "Design" into each project file and move all the contents of the project folder...
  5. Creating the same subfolder in multiple folders and moving the contents into that subfolder

Creating the same subfolder in multiple folders and moving the contents into that subfolder: HiI don't know how to explain this clearly but I have many project folders let's name them A, B, C, .....etc.Inside each of them are multiple files and subfolders.I want to make a subfolder named "Design" into each project file and move all the contents of the project folder...
  6. Disable file grouping in subfolders in the downloads folder in win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable file grouping in subfolders in the downloads folder in win 11: When I go into the downloads folder I have the classic grouping with yesterday, today, this month, etc. The Problem is, that when I go into a subfolder a folder inside of the downloads folder, I still have the same grouping. In subfolders i want no grouping, just like it is...
  7. Disable file grouping in subfolders in the downloads folder in win 11

Disable file grouping in subfolders in the downloads folder in win 11: When I go into the downloads folder I have the classic grouping with yesterday, today, this month, etc. The Problem is, that when I go into a subfolder a folder inside of the downloads folder, I still have the same grouping. In subfolders i want no grouping, just like it is...
  8. win 11 folder subfolder issues

win 11 folder subfolder issues: I have a folder on my desktop i would like to move back into its correct place. I get a message saying, "The destination folder is a subfolder of the source folder". I can't figure out how to fix this....
  9. Folders and Subfolders

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders and Subfolders: Using windows explorer to organize photos by year and then subfolders for activities during that year I want to be able to see all folders and subfolders on the main windows explorer screen without having to click on the year folder to see what that year contains. Is that...
  10. Duplicate subfolders in User folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate subfolders in User folder: Hi there. Have been working with Build 10074 for several days. Just realized yesterday that my main user folder has duplicate sub-folders (2 Documents, 2 Music, 2 Videos, 2 Downloads, 2 Pictures). They are the same size, have the same properties). Whichever one I delete,...