Windows 10: Win 11 Home - Bitlocker destroyed my SSD Windows Install. I didn't activate Bitlocker!

Discus and support Win 11 Home - Bitlocker destroyed my SSD Windows Install. I didn't activate Bitlocker! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; 1. Why did I have Bitlocker installed? I didn't personally install or authorize its installation.2. It was Windows 11 Home edition on a new Asus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Brittany D I hate, Mar 16, 2023.

1. Win 11 Home - Bitlocker destroyed my SSD Windows Install. I didn't activate Bitlocker!

1. Why did I have Bitlocker installed? I didn't personally install or authorize its installation.2. It was Windows 11 Home edition on a new Asus Vivobook 15. Not Win11Pro.3. Now that I formatted the drive using a Linux USB thumb drive and installed Linux, is it possible to re-install Windows 11 without having to pay for a key? I had reset my BIOS to default several times during the stupid "Critical Service Failure" BSOD bitlocker caused. I hate Bitlocker with a passion and I never knew what it was until it destroyed my OS install.

:)

Brittany D I hate, Mar 16, 2023
  2. Viruzz Win User

HELP: Automatic BitLocker Unlock.

Please help,
    Looking for a way( script or maybe some unknown windows command or registry hack) to automatically unlock a non OS BitLocker encrypted drive on Log-In.

My situation: Right now my OS SSD Samsung 840 Evo has a boot password, its not Bios option nor windows eDrive but the third one, the one you need 3rd party software to activate it, had to purchase EMBASSY Security Center to do it.
    No issues here, the OS drive is locked and encrypted.

One of My HDD Drives is encrypted with Bitlocker, so every time my PC is booted, I need to enter windows log-in password and then open my computer and enter another password to unlock the drive.
    Whats worse is that unlike the SSD that needs unlock password only after full shutdown the Bitlocker needs it every log-in.

Windows has an option to Automaticlly unlock all BitLocker drives on boot, BUT the issue here is that this official option only works if your OS drive is also BitLocker encrypted and then log-in password unlocks everything.

Im looking for maybe a windows Script or some Hidden command to automatically unlock the BitLocker drive.

Even if it Sounds insecure like having the actual password somewhere in the registry, text file or script I dont care because the OS drive is encrypted and passworded.
    Also I have a TPM chip I can encrypt any file/folder so even if file is copied from my PC when its fully unlocked the files wont be readable anywhere unless unencrypted before.

If its important im on 8.1 pro 64bit

P.S. If there is no solution for my problem then my only choice is when windows 10 comes out to do a clean install on another Samsung 840 Evo that was previously cleared and eDrive option enabled

Thanks in advance.

Viruzz, Mar 16, 2023
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8.1 PRO unable to unlock Bitlocked drive

Can you take a screen shot of the bitlocker window?

Also, what happens when you highlight the drive in This PC and go to the Manage tab? There should be some bitlocker options there.

newtekie1, Mar 16, 2023
  4. mcraygsx Win User

Win 11 Home - Bitlocker destroyed my SSD Windows Install. I didn't activate Bitlocker!

Windows 8.1 PRO unable to unlock Bitlocked drive

Here is the screenshot

imgur.com
    As you can see Drive D is no longer present in BitLocker Drive Encryption.

When I click on this Drive under Explorer I got the option to FORMAT this Drive and when I click cancel I get the following.
    imgur.com
    When I do Right Click on this Drive, I no longer see BitLocker option like I used to.

mcraygsx, Mar 16, 2023
Thema:

Win 11 Home - Bitlocker destroyed my SSD Windows Install. I didn't activate Bitlocker!

1. Win 11 Home - Bitlocker destroyed my SSD Windows Install. I didn't activate Bitlocker! - Similar Threads - Home Bitlocker destroyed

2. no boot devices found and the drive is bitlocked I didn't activate the bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no boot devices found and the drive is bitlocked I didn't activate the bitlocker: I'm having an issue with an HP elitebook which spontaneously had a boot device issue. Upon turning on the device, I'm met with an error that states "there is no operating system found on the device or it may be corrupt." After hitting enter to restart, I'm then shown a black...
  3. no boot devices found and the drive is bitlocked I didn't activate the bitlocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no boot devices found and the drive is bitlocked I didn't activate the bitlocker: I'm having an issue with an HP elitebook which spontaneously had a boot device issue. Upon turning on the device, I'm met with an error that states "there is no operating system found on the device or it may be corrupt." After hitting enter to restart, I'm then shown a black...
  4. no boot devices found and the drive is bitlocked I didn't activate the bitlocker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Bitlocker's Destroyed My Hard Drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker's Destroyed My Hard Drive: I have 2 USB Hard drives that were bit locked for security reasons. But after a reinstall of windows 10 They became unwrite able. So I removed bit locker from one of the drive and now it is unreadable. Completely raw drive. All file are lost.How can I recover the lost files...
  6. My ssd is locked with bitlocker, but I didn't turn it on. How to be sure it's my ssd or it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My ssd is locked with bitlocker, but I didn't turn it on. How to be sure it's my ssd or it...: My laptop with Windows 11 died. I took it to a repair service and they said after 6 days it's dead for good and I bought a new laptop and put an ssd from the dead body to a new laptop.Now the ssd asks for a bitlocker key.I never activated bitlocker myself. The only...
  7. My ssd is locked with bitlocker, but I didn't turn it on. How to be sure it's my ssd or it...

My ssd is locked with bitlocker, but I didn't turn it on. How to be sure it's my ssd or it...: My laptop with Windows 11 died. I took it to a repair service and they said after 6 days it's dead for good and I bought a new laptop and put an ssd from the dead body to a new laptop.Now the ssd asks for a bitlocker key.I never activated bitlocker myself. The only...
  8. Win 11 Home - Bitlocker destroyed my SSD Windows Install. I didn't activate Bitlocker!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 Home - Bitlocker destroyed my SSD Windows Install. I didn't activate Bitlocker!: 1. Why did I have Bitlocker installed? I didn't personally install or authorize its installation.2. It was Windows 11 Home edition on a new Asus Vivobook 15. Not Win11Pro.3. Now that I formatted the drive using a Linux USB thumb drive and installed Linux, is it possible to...
  9. Bitlocker in Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker in Windows 11 Home: Hi, In my new laptop with Windows 11 Home, the C drive appears to be protected with Bitlocker. There is a page in the Control Panel to set the way I get the recovery key etc. However, is it correct that there is no Bitlocker on Windows 11 Home that can be used to encrypt...
  10. Bitlocker in Windows 11 Home

Bitlocker in Windows 11 Home: Hi, In my new laptop with Windows 11 Home, the C drive appears to be protected with Bitlocker. There is a page in the Control Panel to set the way I get the recovery key etc. However, is it correct that there is no Bitlocker on Windows 11 Home that can be used to encrypt...