Windows 10: Win 11 in-place upgrade, English UK not available.

Discus and support Win 11 in-place upgrade, English UK not available. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My PC boots to a black screen after the latest Win 11 update. I have recovered it - 3 times! MS chat suggested an in-place upgrade and sent me the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Stephen Thompson1, Apr 22, 2024.

1. Win 11 in-place upgrade, English UK not available.

My PC boots to a black screen after the latest Win 11 update. I have recovered it - 3 times! MS chat suggested an in-place upgrade and sent me the info. My PC is using Eng. UK there are only 2 options in the ISO file download, Eng. US and Eng. International. If I choose International the install dialogue will not allow me to keep all my Apps due to a change of language. Is there a way to keep everything?

:)

Stephen Thompson1, Apr 22, 2024

2. In place upgrade does not have English UK

I want to do an In place upgrade for windows 11 but when I try to select the language English UK is not listed. All that is listed is English US and International listed.

preapp031441, Apr 22, 2024
  3. Stewart_R Win User
    Get Cortana to work in English (UK) for Windows 10

I upgraded to Windows 10, and Cortana doesn’t seem to be available based on the Start Menu:

Win 11 in-place upgrade, English UK not available. WwDxj.png

but when I click the link, it takes me to this page:

Win 11 in-place upgrade, English UK not available. a6AEm.png

which suggests it should be available in the UK, since I've checked

• my language settings are English (UK),
    • I have the English (UK) language pack installed, and
    • the speech settings are also set to English (UK).

I think this is everything, right?  It certainly ticks the boxes in the Microsoft help article.

How can I get Cortana up & running?

Stewart_R, Apr 22, 2024
  4. Win 11 in-place upgrade, English UK not available.

Cortana not available in UK

I just upgraded to Windows 10, and after setting everything to English UK was unable to activate Cortana as it "isn't supported in the language and region" I selected. I installed the language pack for English UK, along with every other download for it
    that Win 10 suggested and still no Cortana. Anyone able to help? (Running on a pretty powerful desktop, with a microphone and all that, upgraded from Win 7, in case any of that is relevant)

KarlPBSmith, Apr 22, 2024
Thema:

Win 11 in-place upgrade, English UK not available.

1. Win 11 in-place upgrade, English UK not available. - Similar Threads - place upgrade English

2. Win 11 In Place Upgrade Keeps failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 In Place Upgrade Keeps failing: I want to update my windows so i downloaded the latest iso and started an in place upgrade but as soon as it reaches 100% it fails.I downloaded setup diag and have generated the logs- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D6HgePvoKQfELup1FDHpa4U6UMvb8Uki/view?usp=sharingCan anyone...
  3. Win 11 In Place Upgrade Keeps failing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 In Place Upgrade Keeps failing: I want to update my windows so i downloaded the latest iso and started an in place upgrade but as soon as it reaches 100% it fails.I downloaded setup diag and have generated the logs- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D6HgePvoKQfELup1FDHpa4U6UMvb8Uki/view?usp=sharingCan anyone...
  4. Win 11 in-place upgrade, English UK not available.

Win 11 in-place upgrade, English UK not available.: My PC boots to a black screen after the latest Win 11 update. I have recovered it - 3 times! MS chat suggested an in-place upgrade and sent me the info. My PC is using Eng. UK there are only 2 options in the ISO file download, Eng. US and Eng. International. If I choose...
  5. In place upgrade does not have English UK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In place upgrade does not have English UK: I want to do an In place upgrade for windows 11 but when I try to select the language English UK is not listed. All that is listed is English US and International listed....
  6. In place upgrade does not have English UK

In place upgrade does not have English UK: I want to do an In place upgrade for windows 11 but when I try to select the language English UK is not listed. All that is listed is English US and International listed....
  7. English UK.

in Windows 10 Customization
    English UK.: I keep getting: English USA when I select: 'Language,' even though I make it default English UK in the language box. It jumps back to: USA continuously. WhY? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/english-uk/5833a679-f4cd-483a-8750-82e703be2b84
  8. English Canada defaults to English UK

English Canada defaults to English UK: I recently installed windows 10 in my machine and one of the first things I did was to change my display language to English Canada. I immediately noticed all the websites I tried to access since then would default me automatically to United Kingdom and English UK. After...
  9. Cortana not available in English UK at this time. This is after Win 2004 Update

Cortana not available in English UK at this time. This is after Win 2004 Update: Cannot select App Category as " Cortana " is not included on Listings There is a problem, with Version 2004 why can't Microsoft address the issue There is a problem, why Version 2004 can't Microsoft address the issue There is a problem, why Version 2004 can't Microsoft...
  10. English UK as default but it questions the UK spelling

English UK as default but it questions the UK spelling: I have installed Word 2010 on my other laptop computer and made the language English UK the default but it questions UK spelling such as labour, neighbour and suggest labor and neighbor . How can I correct this?...