Windows 10: win 11 in S mode back to win 11 home

Discus and support win 11 in S mode back to win 11 home in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; We got a new Lenovo Idea pad with I5 processor, 512 GB RAM having Windows 11 in S mode. The Settings menu doesn't show up. Also I need to use or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by rbperumalla, Nov 4, 2021.

1. win 11 in S mode back to win 11 home

We got a new Lenovo Idea pad with I5 processor, 512 GB RAM having Windows 11 in S mode. The Settings menu doesn't show up. Also I need to use or install lot many apps that are not in Windows store. I regularly use a command window for running shell scripts. This laptop with S mode doesn't allow to start a command window. At this point, can I switch back to win 11 home? It says its one way only and cannot come back to S mode. I want to know if I can switch back safely or buy a laptop with windows 11 Home edition without S mode? Appreciate any feedback..

:)

rbperumalla, Nov 4, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Win 11 compat app

Both your CPU and graphics card should be ok- your CPU is on the list:
    Windows 11 CPU List Released | WePC

and your graphics card is new enough to support DirectX 12.

These requirements are set by the installer of Win 11. Detailed specs for Win 11 have been released by MS and are given in other such threads here and on elevenforum, but may change slightly before official release.

dalchina, Nov 4, 2021
  3. Norton Win User
    WCG-TPU 9th Birthday Challenge (11/16-11/22/2013)- Join us/Crunch/Win Stuff

LAST CALL! *Wink win 11 in S mode back to win 11 home ;)

PRIZES SHOULD START FLOWING IN ABOUT AN HOUR!

The list(s) of prize entrants should be posted shortly so keep an on this thread to make sure your name is on there *Smile win 11 in S mode back to win 11 home :)

Please refer to the two previous posts if your name isn't on one of the lists:

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...-crunch-win-stuff.194389/page-17#post-3022551

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...-crunch-win-stuff.194389/page-17#post-3022597

Norton, Nov 4, 2021
  4. Try3 Win User

win 11 in S mode back to win 11 home

Win 11 compatibility

You do not need to reply to me. You can post in this thread to get the benefit of everybody's wisdom. Such as that of Bree who has also read the Windows 11 section of Windows Processor Requirements - MSDocs and has identified that your CPU is not listed there.

win 11 in S mode back to win 11 home [​IMG]

win 11 in S mode back to win 11 home [​IMG]

Denis

Try3, Nov 4, 2021
Thema:

win 11 in S mode back to win 11 home

1. win 11 in S mode back to win 11 home - Similar Threads - mode home

2. My computer acts like it is in S mode, but the system tells me its running Windows 11 Home.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer acts like it is in S mode, but the system tells me its running Windows 11 Home.: I believe this all started around the time I created a new Microsoft account on this computer or when i updated to windows 11.My computer denies me access to downloading outside of the Microsoft store. So it makes me think that i am in S mode. But every time I go to turn off...
  3. My computer acts like it is in S mode, but the system tells me its running Windows 11 Home.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer acts like it is in S mode, but the system tells me its running Windows 11 Home.: I believe this all started around the time I created a new Microsoft account on this computer or when i updated to windows 11.My computer denies me access to downloading outside of the Microsoft store. So it makes me think that i am in S mode. But every time I go to turn off...
  4. windows 11 home on new asus laptop - cannot switch off s mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 home on new asus laptop - cannot switch off s mode: hello there,i tried to switch off s mode on my new Asus windows 11 home, in all possible ways, but everytime i follow the instructions, i get the prompt: Sorry, something went wrong. We're trying to make it right. Please refresh or try again later. How can I solve this...
  5. windows 11 home on new asus laptop - cannot switch off s mode

windows 11 home on new asus laptop - cannot switch off s mode: hello there,i tried to switch off s mode on my new Asus windows 11 home, in all possible ways, but everytime i follow the instructions, i get the prompt: Sorry, something went wrong. We're trying to make it right. Please refresh or try again later. How can I solve this...
  6. Windows 11 Home S Mode, unable to switch.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home S Mode, unable to switch.: Hi, I have purchased a new laptop which is Windows 11 Home S Mode, i am trying to switch from S mode. I have tried to go through settings link to store and press GET and Microsoft store and keep getting the same issue."Something happened and we couldn't start the upgrade"...
  7. Windows 11 Home S Mode, unable to switch.

Windows 11 Home S Mode, unable to switch.: Hi, I have purchased a new laptop which is Windows 11 Home S Mode, i am trying to switch from S mode. I have tried to go through settings link to store and press GET and Microsoft store and keep getting the same issue."Something happened and we couldn't start the upgrade"...
  8. Windows 11 Home NOT in S Mode will not let me install apps

Windows 11 Home NOT in S Mode will not let me install apps: I bought a laptop with Windows 11 already installed. It is not in S Mode, I checked this in the Settings > About section and it just says "Windows 11 Home". I also followed a link to 'get' Windows 11 without S Mode just to be sure, and it said "your computer is not in S...
  9. Windows 11 Home NOT in S Mode will not let me install apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home NOT in S Mode will not let me install apps: I bought a laptop with Windows 11 already installed. It is not in S Mode, and I followed a link to 'get' Windows 11 without S Mode just to be sure, and it said "your computer is not in S mode". But when I try to install an app for work, it says "The app you're trying to...
  10. Tried to Uninstall S mode from my Windows home, but each time it tells me to try again.

Tried to Uninstall S mode from my Windows home, but each time it tells me to try again.: I’ve done all the updating and troubleshooting. I don’t know what I’m missing to get it turned off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tried-to-uninstall-s-mode-from-my-windows-home-but/82151cac-93d1-49d7-9702-b8981149d43d