Windows 10: Win 11 night light is grayed out

Discus and support Win 11 night light is grayed out in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Night light on Win 11 that used to work became grayed out. Everything is updated - windows 11 & all drivers, including NVDIA graphics card, is updated.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ob1ia, Jul 25, 2022.

1. ob1ia Win User

Win 11 night light is grayed out

Night light on Win 11 that used to work became grayed out. Everything is updated - windows 11 & all drivers, including NVDIA graphics card, is updated. Why is the night light button grayed out? Can't turn it on!

:)

ob1ia, Jul 25, 2022

2. night light is grayed out.

when my windows 10 updated to windows 10 1909 version , night light is grayed out. i took some steps including deleting night option setting from registry editor but it's still grayed out. what can i do now?

RiadAl Mahmud, Jul 25, 2022
  3. night light grayed out

Fix Night Light Options Are Grayed Out in Windows 10

Windows 10 allows you to enable Night Light mode (previously known as Blue Light) to reduce eye strain. When enabled, it makes the screen color gamma more comfortable for your eyes at night by reducing blue light. Colors become more warm and the backlight
    will be dimmed, so eye fatigue will be less. Some users are faced with a strange issue where the Night Light options are grayed out in the Settings app. Here is a quick workaround to resolve this issue.

Night Light is a very useful feature for people who have to work on the computer during the night or in the dark. It keeps your eyes
    relaxed and prevents them from getting strained. It is very frustrating if it does not work for some reason.

Normally, there are two ways to enable this feature. First is Action Center, where a special quick action button exists.

Click on the Night Light button to enable or disable it:
    Win 11 night light is grayed out enable-night-light-Windows-10.png

Alternatively, it can be configured in Settings under System - Display.
    Win 11 night light is grayed out Enable-night-light-Windows-10-using-settings-600x516.png

If these controls are not accessible in your Windows 10 instance, then try the following.

To fix the grayed out Night Light options in Windows 10, do the following.

1. Open the Registry Editor app.
    2. Go to the following Registry key.
      See how to go to a Registry key with one click.
    3. Here, delete the following subkeys
      Win 11 night light is grayed out Windows-10-Fix-Night-Light-grayed-out_-.png
    4. Restart Windows 10.
    After restarting, Night Light should start working as expected.

Irshad wani, Jul 25, 2022
  4. Nick Dich Win User

Night Light

Hi,

We recently have been receiving posts regarding Night Light after the Windows 10 Creators Update. To help you troubleshoot the issue regarding Night Light settings that are grayed out, we suggest to try to apply the steps provided by SurenderKhokhar
    on this thread:
    Cant use Night Light In Window 10

Kindly keep us posted for any feedback.

Nick Dich, Jul 25, 2022
Thema:

1. Win 11 night light is grayed out - Similar Threads - night light grayed

2. Night Light Option grayed out in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night Light Option grayed out in windows 10: My night light option in windows settings and action center is grayed out and i can't enable it, i already tried many common solutions such as:-Making sure i have the necessary services enabled.-Deleting these two folders in the registry...
  3. Night Light Grayed Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night Light Grayed Out: I've been trying to fix this issue for a while Windows 11, Dell laptop, but all of my options to turn on night light are grayed out. I've found several different solutions online:- add new keys in my registry regedit for...
  4. Night Light Grayed Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Night Light Grayed Out: I've been trying to fix this issue for a while Windows 11, Dell laptop, but all of my options to turn on night light are grayed out. I've found several different solutions online:- add new keys in my registry regedit for...
  5. Night light grayed out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Night light grayed out: So I was trying to turn on night light when I noticed it was grayed out. I use night light alot and for some reason it was grayed out. I tried everything from updating my drivers to deleting blue reduction state to restarting my computer and yet nothing works. I love using...
  6. Night light grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night light grayed out: So I was trying to turn on night light when I noticed it was grayed out. I use night light alot and for some reason it was grayed out. I tried everything from updating my drivers to deleting blue reduction state to restarting my computer and yet nothing works. I love using...
  7. Night light grayed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Win 11 night light is grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 night light is grayed out: Night light on Win 11 that used to work became grayed out. Everything is updated - windows 11 & all drivers, including NVDIA graphics card, is updated. Why is the night light button grayed out? Can't turn it on!...
  9. Night light grayed out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Night light grayed out: Hi, I use the windows 10 pro version 2004. after the version update my night light greyed out . $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate$$windows.data.bluelightreduction.settings I tried the above method but I am unable to find the above given subkeys....
  10. night light is grayed out.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    night light is grayed out.: when my windows 10 updated to windows 10 1909 version , night light is grayed out. i took some steps including deleting night option setting from registry editor but it's still grayed out. what can i do now?...