Windows 10: Win 11 task bar and explore crashes

Discus and support Win 11 task bar and explore crashes in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After upgrading to win 11,I have pinged apps on the taskbar like powershell and mmc but when I press "shift" + "right click" to select "run as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by dim-my, Sep 22, 2022.

1. dim-my Win User

Win 11 task bar and explore crashes

After upgrading to win 11,I have pinged apps on the taskbar like powershell and mmc but when I press "shift" + "right click" to select "run as administrator or another user " the windows explorer crashed every time for 3-4 times and the opens the menu.

:)

dim-my, Sep 22, 2022
  2. Arun B J Win User

internet explore 11 on my laptop (win 10) is crashing and unable to restore

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I would suggest you to run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter which would tell us the reason behind the issue.

Follow these steps to run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

I would also suggest you to refer to the following article and follow the steps given except resetting Internet Explorer. It has various steps to resolve the issue related to Internet Explorer performance.

What to do when Internet Explorer stops working.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 22, 2022
  3. In Windows 10 , how do you pin / add Internet Explorer 11 to the task bar

I wish to get the icon for Internet Explorer 11 pinned to the task bar. The IE 11 Tools section has "Add site to Apps" and "Go to pinned sites" but nothing about how to pin/add IE 11 to the task bar.

So I am asking: How do you pin/add Internet Explorer 11 to the task bar?

SOLUTIONS

1. I just stumbled upon "Make Internet Explorer your default browser",
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/make-ie-default-browser#ie=ie-11

Look for the section: How do I pin Internet Explorer to my taskbar in the desktop?

I could not get it to work. Maybe you will have better luck. If not, try my solution below.

2. Below is a multi-step solution that I devised prior to finding the solution listed above.

1. Go to Edge.

2. Use Bing to do a search. Any word for a search argument will work just fine. I used " Cow ".

3. Go to More Action and use the option: Open with Internet Explorer. Doing so will display the Bing output in IE 11. Right click on the Menu Bar and make any needed changes. Change the URL to your home page and refresh to display your home page
    web site. Make sure everything is displayed that you wish to display.

4. Using IE 11 Tools, use Add Site to Apps.

5. Then click on the window pane in the bottom, left side of the screen and look for the icon in the Recently Added section, the IE app should be listed there. If not, check the All apps section because the entry may have been put there. The home
    page name will be the title of the IE 11 session and the icon associated to the home page site will be the icon in the task bar.

6. Right click on the Icon and select: Pin to task bar.

7. Enjoy.

Now the problem with the above instructions is that the icon pinned to the task bar will be the icon of the home page. If you like that then you can stop here. If you dislike the icon then do the following.

1. Just use the icon a few times resulting in Internet Explorer being added to your Most Used list.

2. Click on the Windows icon in the lower left part of the screen and checked the Most Used list located along the left edge of the screen.

3. If Internet Explorer is in the Most Used list then right click on the IE 11 icon and click on Pin to Taskbar.

4. Now click on the IE 11 icon on the Taskbar to start IE 11.

5. Enjoy.

Side comment: If you use Norton Security from Symantec, the add-ons Norton Tool Bar and Norton Identity Protection will be enabled but not displayed on the tool bar. This is a little confusing because their presence is displayed in other browsers.

FrankBartling, Sep 22, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

Internet Explorer 11 as well as Edge in Windows 10 crashes

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is
    with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter.
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

Internet Explorer help

Step 2: I suggest you to reset the Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Refer the below article and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

Reset Internet explorer disclaimer:

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Step 3: Clear caches and cookies

• Open Microsoft EDGE.

• After that click on (…) “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.

• Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.

• Once you click on this option you will see list of feature, Select Cached data and file.

• Here you need to check the option you want to clear and click “Clear” button.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 22, 2022
Thema:

1. Win 11 task bar and explore crashes - Similar Threads - task bar explore

2. Windows Explorer/Task Bar crashing over and over

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer/Task Bar crashing over and over: So, an error I've had for about a week or two. It happens all the time even if nothing is running. The Explorer app crashes, and the task bar goes away and returns a few seconds later along with the night light setting turning off and on along with it. Not sure how to fix...
  3. Windows Explorer/Task Bar crashing over and over

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer/Task Bar crashing over and over: So, an error I've had for about a week or two. It happens all the time even if nothing is running. The Explorer app crashes, and the task bar goes away and returns a few seconds later along with the night light setting turning off and on along with it. Not sure how to fix...
  4. Windows Explorer/Task Bar crashing over and over

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Win 11 task bar and explore crashes

Win 11 task bar and explore crashes: After upgrading to win 11,I have pinged apps on the taskbar like powershell and mmc but when I press "shift" + "right click" to select "run as administrator or another user " the windows explorer crashed every time for 3-4 times and the opens the menu....
  6. Name plates in Win 11 task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Name plates in Win 11 task bar: Pictured below is my start menu before and then after I hover over an icon. Once this name plate comes up I am unable to open the selected program. I have to move my mouse off the program and back on and click with a second or two. I have tried turning off Taskbar widgets as...
  7. Name plates in Win 11 task bar

Name plates in Win 11 task bar: Pictured below is my start menu before and then after I hover over an icon. Once this name plate comes up I am unable to open the selected program. I have to move my mouse off the program and back on and click with a second or two. I have tried turning off Taskbar widgets as...
  8. Win 10 task bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 task bar: So i just recently got mulitiple displays and after changing the location i want the task bar on my second mon to auto hide but not the one on my main mon (i did try doing it this way in the regedit no luck also have to restart the windows explorer service after reboot so it...
  9. Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working

in Cortana
    Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working: Hi, The Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working, I've tried every possible solution I could find online and nothing works, any suggestions? Even after the latest update on 15/07/20 the issue was still not resolved, I have been having this issue on and off after...
  10. Win 10 Task Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Task Bar: Again microsoft has outdone itself with stupidity. The task bar, when opening programs gets crowded, instead of reducing size of link, it keeps shifting files links till they are no longer displayed and you have to start shutting down multitask items to get the tab to show...