Windows 10: Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into extended monitor

Discus and support Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into extended monitor in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into an extended monitor from my laptop.So, when I move an open PDF from one monitor to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Timoshka, Feb 29, 2024.

1. Timoshka Win User

Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into extended monitor

Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into an extended monitor from my laptop.So, when I move an open PDF from one monitor to another now, the Windows taskbar shows two icons side by side for that file. If I then move the file back to the original monitor, the taskbar still shows the two icons. When extended monitors are unplugged - everything is fine. Adobe tech support confirmed that is a MS Windows issue. Please advise, thanks!

:)

Timoshka, Feb 29, 2024
  2. LSXXX Win User

Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved from another monitor

I have two external monitors and have set Win11's taskbar on each monitor to only show the open files on that screen and to not combine/stack/group them. The not group worked for everythign except Adobe PFS, so I found by unchecking a box in Adobe preferences called "Open documents as new tabs in the same window " the PDFs would no show separately (the other option it to let Adobe group them, then drage then into separate windows).

However, when I move an open PDF from one monitor to another now, Windows taskbar shows two icons side by side for that file. If I then move the file back to the original monitor, the taskbar still shows the two icons.

I just want my files to show as separate icons on the monitor they're open on. Not grouped into a single window by program type, and not listed twice. But it seems I either have to let Windows combine them or have duplicate PDF icons on the taskbar. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Thanks

LSXXX, Feb 29, 2024
  3. LSXXX Win User
    PDF icons duplicated in Win 11 taskbar when dragged to a 2nd monitor

I have two monitors and have set Win 11's taskbar ton only show the open files on that monitor's screen, and to NOT group/stack icons. which works fine except with PDFs. For those, I unchecked a box in Acrobat's "Preferences" called "Open documents as new tabs in the same window" (Adobe could have just called it "Group icons") so that the PDF icons would not be grouped.

However, now when I move an open PDF from one monitor to another, Win 11's taskbar duplicates the PFD's icons and shows the two side by side on the second monitor - so duplicate icons for the same PDF. If I move the file back to the original monitor, the taskbar on that monitor still shows the two icons.

I am using Win 11 Version 22H2, OS Build 22621.3007. I'll try to post some screen shots below showing this, but if I can't they would just show one icon in my first monitor's taskbar then two identical icons after I drag the PDF to my second monitor.

I don't want grouped/stacked icons, I don't want "virtual desktops". I just want one icon per open file, shown on the monitor the file is open on like every prior version of Windows did. How do I make Win11 do this?

PDF on 1st monitor:

Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into extended monitor DWTNJ3qKIbCwFaPrKWpaEnXd3bpXJ%2F7OyZD%2BGkXAeHm7wMFLcAL14oBDDoAXuvhlIe2i0KzynMLcAiNsHaE8gEn9o%3D.png

Afte PDF is dragged to 2nd monitor:

Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into extended monitor 0QGZFuNxjbtClE3D3lrh0vFvmwNPyR4yXM1BayKdv6a3iJKkqdOf19eN5gVhP2C705CSOh%2Fk7PeI%2FOTNQz2yZpJ18%3D.png

LSXXX, Feb 29, 2024
  4. Loui Bre Win User

Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into extended monitor

Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved from another monitor

The issue is not that it's showing different open files on different screens reflected in the taskbar. I took screenshots to show an example, but it's not letting me attach them. When you open a pdf it shows as 1 icon on the taskbar, but as soon as you move that 1 pdf to a different screen that 1 pdf turns into 2 icons for the same pdf. Additionally, you aren't even able to click on both icons to open the PDF. You have to click on the first one or nothing happens.

Loui Bre, Feb 29, 2024
Thema:

1. Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into extended monitor - Similar Threads - taskbar duplicates Adobe

2. Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into extended monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into extended monitor: Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into an extended monitor from my laptop.So, when I move an open PDF from one monitor to another now, the Windows taskbar shows two icons side by side for that file. If I then move the file back to the original...
  3. PDF icons duplicated in Win 11 taskbar when dragged to a 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF icons duplicated in Win 11 taskbar when dragged to a 2nd monitor: I have two monitors and have set Win 11's taskbar ton only show the open files on that monitor's screen, and to NOT group/stack icons. which works fine except with PDFs. For those, I unchecked a box in Acrobat's "Preferences" called "Open documents as new tabs in the same...
  4. PDF icons duplicated in Win 11 taskbar when dragged to a 2nd monitor

PDF icons duplicated in Win 11 taskbar when dragged to a 2nd monitor: I have two monitors and have set Win 11's taskbar ton only show the open files on that monitor's screen, and to NOT group/stack icons. which works fine except with PDFs. For those, I unchecked a box in Acrobat's "Preferences" called "Open documents as new tabs in the same...
  5. Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved from another monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved from another monitor: I have two external monitors and have set Win11's taskbar on each monitor to only show the open files on that screen and to not combine/stack/group them. The not group worked for everythign except Adobe PFS, so I found by unchecking a box in Adobe preferences called "Open...
  6. Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved from another monitor

Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved from another monitor: I have two external monitors and have set Win11's taskbar on each monitor to only show the open files on that screen and to not combine/stack/group them. The not group worked for everythign except Adobe PFS, so I found by unchecking a box in Adobe preferences called "Open...
  7. duplicate taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    duplicate taskbar icon: Within the last couple of days I noticed that I now have two icon pinned to the taskbar for my Radeon Settings...and no apparent way to delete (or even hide) the extra. Anyone else seen this and / or know a way to get rid of the extra one? 144925
  8. How to Extend Taskbar, not Duplicate?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Extend Taskbar, not Duplicate?: I would like to know if there is an option in Windows 10 that allows me to extend the taskbar (not duplicate it) on multiple displays, in order to have the Windows button on the far left of my first monitor, the clock on the far right of my last monitor, and one looooong...
  9. Adobe pdf desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adobe pdf desktop icons: I noticed several days ago, that all of my Adobe PDF icons on the desktop now have a read border. Any ideas as to cause, or cure, would be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-pdf-desktop-icons/f0a898b7-1845-47cd-97e0-f722aab4e189
  10. Duplicate Icon in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate Icon in Taskbar: Hi, One of my pinned items on the taskbar (MusicBee) refuses to act properly. It always shows two instances of the icon when the program is open. I tried unpinning the items, opening the program from it's folder and then right-click > Pin to taskbar but that creates a...