Windows 10: Win 11 Update blocks WiFi

Discus and support Win 11 Update blocks WiFi in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is not a question...but aimed at Microsoft.I have a Win 11 update pending and today fired up my PC and I have no WiFi. Yesterday I did.Went into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by C.A.Carpenter, Oct 2, 2022.

1. Win 11 Update blocks WiFi

This is not a question...but aimed at Microsoft.I have a Win 11 update pending and today fired up my PC and I have no WiFi. Yesterday I did.Went into to Settings and then is NO WiFi category even. NO category even. After I updated... it's frickin magically back.So obviously MS is forcing you to update before you can use WiFiWell I'd like to say this....You at Microsoft, you are a bunch of A _ _ H _ _ _ S !You started this BS a couple years ago...when you decided to force updates & restart MY PC. Essentially taking control of the PC that I bought & paid for. Understand, I bought &

:)

C.A.Carpenter, Oct 2, 2022

2. Block Windows 11 Update

I don't think that is correct. On the link provided by Sumit it says this (emphasis added):

The detailed explanation is here:

A TargetedReleaseVersion is a group policy introduced with Windows 10 version 1803. If you specify a TargetReleaseVersion as the current version, Windows 10 will remain on this release until it reaches the end of service. This would, hence blocking the Windows 11 update. The first command enables the policy, and the second specifies the target version.

This says to me that it will remain on that version of Windows 10 and will not upgrade.

This is confirmed by this post at How To Geek (emphasis added):

If you followed the above methods exactly, you have prevented your Windows 10 PC from getting any updates after the 21H1 update. This means it will block any Windows 10 updates, too, which you probably don’t want to do.

To get around that, keep an eye on the Microsoft Docs site to check for newer versions of Windows 10. Once you see a new update there, say 21H2, then in the steps above where you entered “21H1”, change that to “21H2” (without quotes).

There's no way I'll get my mother in law to edit her registry or update group policy when new Win 10 updates come out. I live 600 miles away so I can't do it either, plus I really don't want to be monitoring MS docs to see if I need to update my registry.

It seems there's no way to block Win 11, she'll just have to deal with it continuing to fail.

d_g_schaefer, Oct 2, 2022
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Oct 2, 2022
  4. m3110w Win User

Win 11 Update blocks WiFi

Wifi network not appearing after recent Win 10 monthly patch

Someone else on another forum suggested I switch the wifi freq on my Android Nexus 5x. So I switched it from 5ghz to 2.4 and it worked! Problem solved. Now my Nexus hotspot is again appearing in my Win 10 list of available wifi networks. So problem was with Android and not Windows.

m3110w, Oct 2, 2022
Thema:

Win 11 Update blocks WiFi

1. Win 11 Update blocks WiFi - Similar Threads - Update blocks WiFi

2. MS Win11 Update blocks WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Win11 Update blocks WiFi: This is not a question...but aimed at Microsoft.I have a Win 11 update pending and today fired up my PC and I have no WiFi. Yesterday I did.Went into to Settings and then is NO WiFi category even. NO category even. After I updated... it's frickin magically back.So obviously...
  3. MS Win11 Update blocks WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Win11 Update blocks WiFi: This is not a question...but aimed at Microsoft.I have a Win 11 update pending and today fired up my PC and I have no WiFi. Yesterday I did.Went into to Settings and then is NO WiFi category even. NO category even. After I updated... it's frickin magically back.So obviously...
  4. MS Update blocks WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Update blocks WiFi: Admin....QUIT Censoring my post !This is not a question...but aimed at Microsoft.I have a Win 11 update pending and today fired up my PC and I have no WiFi. Yesterday I did.Went into to Settings and then is NO WiFi category even. NO category even. After I updated... it's...
  5. MS Update blocks WiFi

MS Update blocks WiFi: Admin....QUIT Censoring my post !This is not a question...but aimed at Microsoft.I have a Win 11 update pending and today fired up my PC and I have no WiFi. Yesterday I did.Went into to Settings and then is NO WiFi category even. NO category even. After I updated... it's...
  6. MS Update blocks WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Update blocks WiFi: This is not a question...but aimed at Microsoft.I have a Win 11 update pending and today fired up my PC and I have no WiFi. Yesterday I did.Went into to Settings and then is NO WiFi category even. NO category even. After I updated... it's frickin magically back.So obviously...
  7. MS Update blocks WiFi

MS Update blocks WiFi: This is not a question...but aimed at Microsoft.I have a Win 11 update pending and today fired up my PC and I have no WiFi. Yesterday I did.Went into to Settings and then is NO WiFi category even. NO category even. After I updated... it's frickin magically back.So obviously...
  8. Win 11 Update blocks WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 Update blocks WiFi: This is not a question...but aimed at Microsoft.I have a Win 11 update pending and today fired up my PC and I have no WiFi. Yesterday I did.Went into to Settings and then is NO WiFi category even. NO category even. After I updated... it's frickin magically back.So obviously...
  9. Win 11 Update blocks WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 Update blocks WiFi: This is not a question...but aimed at Microsoft.I have a Win 11 update pending and today fired up my PC and I have no WiFi. Yesterday I did.Went into to Settings and then is NO WiFi category even. NO category even. After I updated... it's frickin magically back.So obviously...
  10. Win 11 Update blocks WiFi