Windows 10: WIN 11 Upgrade "can't find the necessary files ... "

Discus and support WIN 11 Upgrade "can't find the necessary files ... " in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Surface Pro 7+ i7 32gigs, 64-bit , Windows 10 I have been trying to upgrade to Windows 11 through the first link here. "can't find the necessary files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Seamndel, Oct 6, 2021.

1. Seamndel Win User

WIN 11 Upgrade "can't find the necessary files ... "

Surface Pro 7+ i7 32gigs, 64-bit , Windows 10 I have been trying to upgrade to Windows 11 through the first link here. "can't find the necessary files please check if you have permission to write to the installation folder" -Why is this happening? -How do I fix it? -Why does everything always have to be so difficult with Windows? I understand computers are great ,"but they don't always do what you want", but isn't there at least some drawer plan to start releasing grandma friendly update assistant tools?

:)

Seamndel, Oct 6, 2021
  2. Norton Win User

WCG-TPU 9th Birthday Challenge (11/16-11/22/2013)- Join us/Crunch/Win Stuff

LAST CALL! *Wink WIN 11 Upgrade "can't find the necessary files ... " ;)

PRIZES SHOULD START FLOWING IN ABOUT AN HOUR!

The list(s) of prize entrants should be posted shortly so keep an on this thread to make sure your name is on there *Smile WIN 11 Upgrade "can't find the necessary files ... " :)

Please refer to the two previous posts if your name isn't on one of the lists:

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...-crunch-win-stuff.194389/page-17#post-3022551

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...-crunch-win-stuff.194389/page-17#post-3022597

Norton, Oct 6, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond WIN 11 Upgrade "can't find the necessary files ... " :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 6, 2021
  4. lse123 Win User

is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Oct 6, 2021
Thema:

1. WIN 11 Upgrade "can't find the necessary files ... " - Similar Threads - Upgrade can't find

2. can't upgrade to win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't upgrade to win 11: for some time now i want to upgrade to windows 11 but my settings say i don't meet the minimum system requirements, even tough my pc health check sais i meet the requirements.i have done a lot of research but i cant seem to find an answer. maybe someone here could help me?...
  3. can't upgrade to win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't upgrade to win 11: for some time now i want to upgrade to windows 11 but my settings say i don't meet the minimum system requirements, even tough my pc health check sais i meet the requirements.i have done a lot of research but i cant seem to find an answer. maybe someone here could help me?...
  4. Can't upgrade to Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't upgrade to Win 11: I have a laptop with Intel Core i7 -7500U Processor @ 2.70GHz and Pc Health says it can't accept win 11. Does anyone know how to solve ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-upgrade-to-win-11/52bad0d0-a3de-4e9b-9bef-0ee12fb9b5fa
  5. Can't upgrade to Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't upgrade to Win 11: I have a laptop with Intel Core i7 -7500U Processor @ 2.70GHz and Pc Health says it can't accept win 11. Does anyone know how to solve ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-upgrade-to-win-11/52bad0d0-a3de-4e9b-9bef-0ee12fb9b5fa
  6. Can't upgrade to Win 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. WIN 11 Upgrade "can't find the necessary files ... "

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN 11 Upgrade "can't find the necessary files ... ": Surface Pro 7+ i7 32gigs, 64-bit , Windows 10 I have been trying to upgrade to Windows 11 through the first link here. "can't find the necessary files please check if you have permission to write to the installation folder" -Why is this happening? -How do I fix it? -Why does...
  8. WIN 11 Upgrade "can't find the necessary files ... "

WIN 11 Upgrade "can't find the necessary files ... ": Surface Pro 7+ i7 32gigs, 64-bit , Windows 10 I have been trying to upgrade to Windows 11 through the first link here. "can't find the necessary files please check if you have permission to write to the installation folder" -Why is this happening? -How do I fix it? -Why does...
  9. Necessary to reserve Win 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Necessary to reserve Win 10?: I've not decided yet if I will upgrade or clean install Win 10 when it is released. If I do upgrade, I will be restoring an image I've made, before the restore. So either way, I see no need to start downloading any preliminary files, which I've read that the reservation will...
  10. Is it necessary to fresh win install after upgrading motherboard/CPU?

Is it necessary to fresh win install after upgrading motherboard/CPU?: Do I have to do a fresh windows install after upgrading to a new motherboard and CPU? And if it's really necessary, Can I get away with the "keep your existing file" option or do I need to clean format my drive before installing windows? 98742

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant find the necessary file please check if you jave permission to write to the installation folder

2. cant find the necessary file windows update