Windows 10: Win 11 upgrade on Laptop - Keyboard Mouse Dell KM717 need driver

Discus and support Win 11 upgrade on Laptop - Keyboard Mouse Dell KM717 need driver in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My company laptop was upgraded to Windows 11 Enterprise v 21H2 and my wireless keyboard and mouse Dell model KM717 is no longer working. I cannot find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mike Barber1, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Win 11 upgrade on Laptop - Keyboard Mouse Dell KM717 need driver

My company laptop was upgraded to Windows 11 Enterprise v 21H2 and my wireless keyboard and mouse Dell model KM717 is no longer working. I cannot find a driver for Win11 for this keyboard/mouse. Does anyone know of a driver or when a fix will be released?

:)

Mike Barber1, Jun 30, 2022
  2. notb Win User

Dell KM717

Does anyone here have any experience with Dell KM717 set (keyboard + mouse)?

It's very rare in my part of the world, so I'd have to buy it online without physical contact beforehand (something I try not to do, ever).
    However, I know Dell bundles it with high-end AIOs and workstations in more fortunate parts of the world, so they must exist in the wild. *Smile Win 11 upgrade on Laptop - Keyboard Mouse Dell KM717 need driver :)

The keyboard itself looks just fantastic (specs + few reviews). I love the layout and the features. I like the styling as well.
    Granted this is an expensive Dell keyboard, I hope it's better than cheaper models, which I've been using for years at work. I shouldn't have problems writing.
    As for the mouse... I guess I could get used to the grip. Everything else seems fine.

That said, I've seen many people complaining about connectivity via the USB receiver (BT seems to work fine). Even on Dell US site this set gets 2.5/5 and most comments mention this, which is kind of meh for a premium product (like if Dell didn't care).
    http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell...d-and-mouse-km717/apd/580-afll/pc-accessories

I know Logitech or Microsoft would be safer choices, but none - maybe apart from very expensive Logitech Craft and MS Surface - seem as attractive as this one.

3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jun 30, 2022
  4. Win 11 upgrade on Laptop - Keyboard Mouse Dell KM717 need driver

Dell Studio 540 updated to Win 10 - Keyboard driver not working

Good Day. I have upgraded my old Dell Studio 540 from Win 7 to Win 10. Everything seems to be working fine except the keyboard no longer works. In Device Manager the keyboard is now "Unknown Device" and automated device driver update attempted to install Pluralinput Keyboard 0.8.4. The driver software encountered an error while attempting to install. Dell offers no assistance that I have been able to find. They did not test the Dell Studio 540 for Win 10.
    Any suggestions for a keyboard driver? I can always purchase a Bluetooth keyboard.

TonysBodywork, Jun 30, 2022
Thema:

Win 11 upgrade on Laptop - Keyboard Mouse Dell KM717 need driver

1. Win 11 upgrade on Laptop - Keyboard Mouse Dell KM717 need driver - Similar Threads - upgrade Laptop Keyboard

2. Problem with keyboard laptop Dell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with keyboard laptop Dell: Hey I have a problem with the keyboard on my laptop. For example when I press "3" the computer opens programs, opens file explorer. Yesterday everything was still ok, I tried uninstalling the keyboard drivers, nothing helped, I also changed the settings in Ease of access....
  3. Win 11 upgrade on Laptop - Keyboard Mouse Dell KM717 need driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 upgrade on Laptop - Keyboard Mouse Dell KM717 need driver: My company laptop was upgraded to Windows 11 Enterprise v 21H2 and my wireless keyboard and mouse Dell model KM717 is no longer working. I cannot find a driver for Win11 for this keyboard/mouse. Does anyone know of a driver or when a fix will be released?...
  4. Mouse and keyboard driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and keyboard driver: Hi, I was using ScpToolkit driver installer to use my ps4 controller on my pc, I taped on all drivers and taped on install all of them togetherSo I think I have removed my keyboard and mouse driver by that because I cant us them on the windows, only where I can use my...
  5. Mouse and keyboard driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and keyboard driver: Hi, I was using ScpToolkit driver installer to use my ps4 controller on my pc, I taped on all drivers and taped on install all of them togetherSo I think I have removed my keyboard and mouse driver by that because I cant us them on the windows, only where I can use my...
  6. Mouse and keyboard driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. DELL Laptop Mouse Unresponsive

DELL Laptop Mouse Unresponsive: Dear Community, My DELL G5 15 gaming laptop is a great laptop and all, but my keypad is unresponsive, so I can't do anything with the laptop's mouse, meaning that I can only use an external mouse (which is fine, but I really need to use some keypad features, such as swiping...
  8. Keyboard and mouse drivers

Keyboard and mouse drivers: I power on my computer today just like any other day, and suddenly my keyboard and mouse were not detected by the os (they dont even light up). To make matter worst driver automatic update is disabled using gpo. I am able to enter the before boot troubleshoot and run...
  9. Dell laptop keyboard malfunctions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Dell laptop keyboard malfunctions: Sometimes but not always, when I try to log on to admin account, the password is not accepted. I have gotten it to work after entering it 5 times - I was told maybe keyboard is sick but it works for my standard account log on so don't think it is. System only 5 months old....
  10. Dell Studio 540 updated to Win 10 - Keyboard driver not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell Studio 540 updated to Win 10 - Keyboard driver not working: Good Day. I have upgraded my old Dell Studio 540 from Win 7 to Win 10. Everything seems to be working fine except the keyboard no longer works. In Device Manager the keyboard is now "Unknown Device" and automated device driver update attempted to install Pluralinput Keyboard...