Windows 10: Win 11 upgrade on modest tablet device...

Discus and support Win 11 upgrade on modest tablet device... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; 2015....upgraded on tablet win 8.1 to Home 10.1.....tablet equipped with SD Card 64GB. Installer was instructed to place install component files on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RudyH2, Jan 14, 2022.

1. RudyH2 Win User

Win 11 upgrade on modest tablet device...

2015....upgraded on tablet win 8.1 to Home 10.1.....tablet equipped with SD Card 64GB. Installer was instructed to place install component files on the SD until needed by installer....this gave the adequate space needed C drive had 28 gb usable Install completed normally and effective. Installer even removed excess files from SD card. Can we expect this service when upgrading to Win 11 in '22? MS did it in 2015 people! That was an MS milestone!!

:)

RudyH2, Jan 14, 2022
  2. DonWyman Win User

Win 10 build 10240 to Threshold 2 update problem on 16G tablet

Thanks, that is a very comprehensive list of suggestions. However, I have done almost all of the steps you've listed...except uninstalling the apps. Even if I deleted virtually all my installed apps (most were installed on the D drive anyway, except for the ones that would only install on C), it may leave just barely enough room to get to the 5G needed for the install...but then where would I be.....an operating system running on a tablet, with hardly any apps on it....an anchor! The problem with apparently no answer is WinSxS!

It seems that even though Win 10 will install and run on the small little 16G tablets, they can not be updated over a period of time as the Windows and WinSxS folder continue to grow out of bounds. Thus leaving a 16G C drive device fairly useless for any useful purpose. The only option (it appears), is to do a fresh reformat and install, with every new Win 10 upgrade down the line, thus starting with a small WinSxS each time, instead of one that balloons with every program install and software upgrade.

Any other ideas, greatly accepted....thanks all!

DonWyman, Jan 14, 2022
  3. modest and folders

unfortunately, not with the most current update of pr1.2

i hope too, that the next update will have more feature options like this.

even though you have so many, if you use the modest fix i posted in the top12, your email should be fast, with exception to your first couple of syncs.

i would suggest you are on a wifi or fast 3.5g.

also, the modest browser is not necessarily going to sync ALL of your email headers...i have noticed when i have a few hundred in my outlook, that my modest only shows about 125-147 and then there is an option in the drop-down menu to show more.

Win 11 upgrade on modest tablet device... ;)

hope that helps.

ceroberts75, Jan 14, 2022
  4. Win 11 upgrade on modest tablet device...

IE 11 on a Windows Tablet

Hello Bob,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I request you to try the below steps:

• Go to Start menu > Settings > System > Tablet.
    • Turn off the Tablet mode and try.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

Win 11 upgrade on modest tablet device...

1. Win 11 upgrade on modest tablet device... - Similar Threads - upgrade modest tablet

2. Tablet Mode for Win-11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tablet Mode for Win-11: Does a Win-11 Computer require keyboard is removal to enter Tablet Mode? Does this mean that the keyboard must be a Microsoft Keyboard? When will Tablet mode like Win-10 be available in Win-11. A date please! no BS. Dave...
  3. Tablet Mode for Win-11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tablet Mode for Win-11: Does a Win-11 Computer require keyboard is removal to enter Tablet Mode? Does this mean that the keyboard must be a Microsoft Keyboard? When will Tablet mode like Win-10 be available in Win-11. A date please! no BS. Dave...
  4. Biometric Device not found in device manager Win 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Biometric Device not found in device manager Win 11 upgrade: I have a 3-week old ASUS ROG Zephyrus M16 GU603HEAfter upgrading to Windows 11 the fingerprint biometric stopped working, even after reinstalling the driver....
  5. Biometric Device not found in device manager Win 11 upgrade

Biometric Device not found in device manager Win 11 upgrade: I have a 3-week old ASUS ROG Zephyrus M16 GU603HEAfter upgrading to Windows 11 the fingerprint biometric stopped working, even after reinstalling the driver....
  6. Win 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 upgrade: The PC Health Checker says I can’t upgrade from Win 10 to Win 11. My Processor, an AMD Ryzen7 1700 is not supported. Any Idea why that would be? A 3yr old PC and I should buy a new Processor if that would even take care of the issue.This is...
  7. win 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 11 upgrade: I have just upgraded my laptop to win 11 pin number not work forgotten pass word https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-upgrade/7985e0b4-2689-4cdf-81ac-6b4664d169d1
  8. Upgrade to Win 11

Upgrade to Win 11: Trying to upgrade laptop to Win 11. My processor is listed on Microsoft compatibility list as one that will work with Win 11, but the health check says it won't and therefore will not allow upgrade. All other items on list are ticked green. Any advice please?Thanks....
  9. Win 11 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 11 Upgrade: I have laptop running Win 10 x64, which is eligible for Win11 upgrade.I previously got the update via Windows Update but did not want to upgrade so I declined it, but I have now reconsidered and want to upgrade. But I can't see the update anymore in my windows update tab. Is...
  10. Win 11 upgrade on modest tablet device...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 upgrade on modest tablet device...: 2015....upgraded on tablet win 8.1 to Home 10.1.....tablet equipped with SD Card 64GB. Installer was instructed to place install component files on the SD until needed by installer....this gave the adequate space needed C drive had 28 gb usable Install completed normally and...