Windows 10: Win 1803 update - IE 11 will NOT start

Discus and support Win 1803 update - IE 11 will NOT start in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi ALL, I just got the latest major update to Win 10 Ver 1803 and when it was done everything seemed to be working well but then I discovered a... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by gerryex, May 6, 2018.

1. gerryex Win User

Win 1803 update - IE 11 will NOT start

Hi ALL,

I just got the latest major update to Win 10 Ver 1803 and when it was done everything seemed to be working well but then I discovered a problem with IE 11. Yes, I know MS is pushing Edge and IE 11 is going to be phased out but I'm still using it and up until this update it was working fine. I have an icon for it pinned to the taskbar and it always started with a single click to the icon. Now it will not start that way. Sometimes if I click that icon multiple times it will start but it's inconsistent in the number of clicks to get it to start - sometimes 2 clicks; sometimes several; sometimes it will just not start at all. If search for IE it shows up but if I click on it similarly it will not start. I found a work around that I set up another icon on the desktop and I set its properties to Run as Administrator and although the User Account Control box pops up but as long as I say YES, IE opens up and runs properly!

I tried to Reset IE (in the Settings - Advanced) and that didn't help. I went into the Apps and Features and I see that I can uninstall IE but I don't know where to get the install file to re-install.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated!!

Gerry

:)

gerryex, May 6, 2018
Thema:

Win 1803 update - IE 11 will NOT start

1. Win 1803 update - IE 11 will NOT start - Similar Threads - 1803 update start

2. Win 10 1803 will not update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 1803 will not update: I have a win 10 installation that is version 1803I have tried for the last few weeks to update and it always fails I have followed advice on these forums and others with regards to ISO/MEDIA creation etc etc and it simply will not update. I do not want to clean install as I...
  3. Update Win 1803 fault

Update Win 1803 fault: My Acer Aspire Win 8.1, upgraded to Win 10 1803 by Microsoft, update window displaying red explanation mark, when proceed to Update setting page frozen, could it be that as Win1803 is a earlier version and that Microsoft will not upgrade to Win 1903?...
  4. Win update 1803 problems

Win update 1803 problems: Every time there's a major update it breaks my computer and I have to revert to the stable version. Currently using 1709, build 16299.1087 on a Lenovo all-in-one Previous major updates resulted in ghost circles scrolling down the center of the screen and the mouse pointer...
  5. WIN 10 1803 Update

WIN 10 1803 Update: Keeps downloading, installing, reinstating, resetting to previous state. Error 0x8007042B-0x4000D "The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA OPERATION". The above error occurred after my last attempt to update from the 1709 update...
  6. IE 11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IE 11: I have tried to contact Microsoft support about this issue but always go through the same thing. I have chatted with someone 4 times already about this issue. Is there a link to redownload IE 11 on windows 10. It is non-existent on the system ( have checked 4 times...
  7. Windows Update and IE 11

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Update and IE 11: I just allowed the latest Windows 10 updates to take effect on my computer.....since the updates I can no longer access IE 11 - when I click on IE, I get a message telling me I do not have access to it. I have tried from all ways including programme files but none will access...
  8. IE do not start on Win 10

in Browsers and Email
    IE do not start on Win 10: Hello. After updated from Win 7 I cannot open IE. No any error message, IE just do not start. How to work with this issue?? Rgds . 40695
  9. IE 11 installed but does not start...

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 installed but does not start...: IE 11 does not start up my W10; attempting to start it results in a generic event ID of 1000: Faulting application name: iexplore.exe, version: 11.0.10240.16384, time stamp: 0x559f3a1c Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.10240.16392, time stamp: 0x55a864a2...
  10. IE 11 starts but will not download web pages...

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 starts but will not download web pages...: When I start IE11 it comes up and shows the tab for the home page but never downloads the page. I've tried changing the URL in that tab as well as opening new tabs but the result is the same -- IE 11 just sits there with a blank page and no errors. I've tried resetting it,...