Windows 10: Win 1909 - Remove annoying text on windows spotlight lockscreen

Discus and support Win 1909 - Remove annoying text on windows spotlight lockscreen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm getting annoying by MS shoving text linking to articles on my lockscreen. Is there a way to remove this in 1909? 145974 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bobsagetfullhou, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Win 1909 - Remove annoying text on windows spotlight lockscreen

I'm getting annoying by MS shoving text linking to articles on my lockscreen. Is there a way to remove this in 1909?

:)

bobsagetfullhou, Dec 8, 2019
  2. EdgarVo Win User

Lockscreen Win-Spotlight & Slideshow are not triggering after update 1803

Since Update 1803, the slideshow and Windows spotlight do no properly start when the PC is locked or on inactivity.

Before the 1803 update it was possible to set a Slideshow album, Picture or Windows Spotlight and with WIN+L or on PC inactivity it would switch to the lockscreen and run the pictures
    with the system time, weather-apps, etc. in the lower left corner.

Since update 1803 the lockscreen slideshows ONLY trigger on first system boot. Afterwards, when the user uses WIN+L or waits for inactivity, the lockscreen displays only the first picture of Spotlight and no slideshow starts. The
    system time is not displayed anymore.

Setting the lockscreen to Slideshow, the lockscreen will only show a blank screen and not start the slideshow and the
    system time is missing.

User needs to select a picture from the slideshow album as Picture option first and switch back to Slideshow.

Then, the lockscreen will only display this first picture and not start the slideshow.

Additionally, after boot up, when the user uses WIN+L, it may happen that the system time and slideshow are working.
    BUT ONLY randomly. I found no pattern if this works on 2nd, 4th or whatever screen lock attempt.

Most certainly, the slideshow and spotlight are not working when the PC goes inactive.

Furthermore;

Before 1803, when waking the PC from lockscreen, the user did not need to enter his PW in case the lockscreen was triggered by inactivity. Only if the user used WIN+L the start the lockscreen.

After 1803, the PW is needed in both cases.

This really bother me Win 1909 - Remove annoying text on windows spotlight lockscreen ;)

I posted this in the feedback hub already with captured steps. Feedback Hub - Windows Insider

EdgarVo, Dec 8, 2019
  3. John237 Win User
    Lockscreen will not show Windows spotlight pictures

Switching to a picture does nothing on the lockscreen, login screen does show the image. If I change to a slideshow it does show the images, then the login screen shows the image in the preview in settings. Switching back to Spotlight leaves me with
    a black lockscreen with the text again...really don't want a slideshow

John237, Dec 8, 2019
  4. cwmwown Win User

Win 1909 - Remove annoying text on windows spotlight lockscreen

Lockscreen wallpaper (windows spotlight) on desktop

It is called windows spotlight.

In order to set them to your lockscreen go to where you change your wallpapers, select slideshow and choose windows spotlight.

There are ways to save the current wallpapers to use as your desktop and for other purposes. (as long as it is legal)

Save all Windows Spotlight images with this simple tutorial!

cwmwown, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Win 1909 - Remove annoying text on windows spotlight lockscreen

1. Win 1909 - Remove annoying text on windows spotlight lockscreen - Similar Threads - 1909 Remove annoying

2. Cannot use Windows Spotlight on lockscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot use Windows Spotlight on lockscreen: Hello, ive been in Windows 11 22H2 since launch, and have restored Windows on 18-9-2023 cuz I had a lot of useless apps and everything was backed up and was ready to go, everything went smoothly but not lockscreen spotlight, slideshow and not even a picture, after every...
  3. how to disable the lockscreen spotlight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to disable the lockscreen spotlight: i wnat to customize my window locksceen.but i can't access my lockscreen settings.so please help me to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-the-lockscreen-spotlight/8c31abea-b204-487f-9705-2e5e0747a2fa
  4. how to disable the lockscreen spotlight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to disable the lockscreen spotlight: i wnat to customize my window locksceen.but i can't access my lockscreen settings.so please help me to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-the-lockscreen-spotlight/8c31abea-b204-487f-9705-2e5e0747a2fa
  5. Spotlight/Lockscreen storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spotlight/Lockscreen storage: I would like to be able to save or retrieve a recently displayed lockscreen to use as one of my W10 wallpaper backgrounds. There was a period of time when those images were stored in a somewhat hidden folder:...
  6. Spotlight/Lockscreen storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spotlight/Lockscreen storage: I would like to be able to save or retrieve a recently displayed lockscreen to use as one of my W10 wallpaper backgrounds. There was a period of time when those images were stored in a somewhat hidden folder. That no longer seems to be the case; if I go to that folder there...
  7. Spotlight/Lockscreen storage

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spotlight/Lockscreen storage: I would like to be able to save or retrieve a recently displayed lockscreen to use as one of my W10 wallpaper backgrounds. There was a period of time when those images were stored in a somewhat hidden folder. That no longer seems to be the case; if I go to that folder there...
  8. Windows Spotlight Lockscreen Not Working

Windows Spotlight Lockscreen Not Working: Hi, I'm having three issues: sfc /scannow, chkdsk c:/f, chkdsk c:/r, and Windows Spotlight Lockscreen are all not working. What happened? Basically, I tried System Restore to fix the issue with sfc /scannow and chkdsk, but this caused Windows Lockscreen to stop working....
  9. Spotlight on lockscreen isnt working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Spotlight on lockscreen isnt working: Hi Two weeks ago my lockscreen spotlight stop working. I tried everything I found on the Internet but nothing worked. I tried: 1.https://simpleitpro.com/index.php/2020/06/22/windows-spotlight-not-working-fix-it-with-a-reset-or-re-register/ 2....
  10. lockscreen window spotlight is not working

lockscreen window spotlight is not working: lockscreen window spotlight is not working. help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/m%C3%A0n-h%C3%ACnh-kh%C3%B3a/e5673dee-5418-408a-930f-9c6b1998050e

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 spotlight text

2. windows spotlight disable text

3. remove text windows spotlight