Windows 10: Win 7 connects and shares on server 2016 but windows 10 can connect to domain but not...

Discus and support Win 7 connects and shares on server 2016 but windows 10 can connect to domain but not... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Win 7 connects and shares on server 2016 but windows 10 can connect to domain but not access files error code 0x80070035Howncan i fix this i have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Itfixit, May 12, 2022.

1. Itfixit Win User

Win 7 connects and shares on server 2016 but windows 10 can connect to domain but not...

Win 7 connects and shares on server 2016 but windows 10 can connect to domain but not access files error code 0x80070035Howncan i fix this i have tried all fixes i can see on internet, is it smb, inhave removed smb1 and installed v2 with powershell but now my workstation services has stopped and the smb dependancy is not in services and i am getti g a permissions error

:)

Itfixit, May 12, 2022

2. Win 7 connect to Server 2003

Hi,

I am trying to set up a simple fileserver to store all my files, I have installed Windows server 2003 & want to be able to connect to it via Windows 7 machines - what is the best way to do this?

I have both machines (server 2003 & Windows 7) on the same Workgroup, I try connecting to the server by typing \\fileserv in the search but I'm getting "Windows cannot access \\fileserv"

Win 7 machine can't ping Server 2003
    Server 2003 can ping Win 7 machine (and can access folders)

I know this is a very noob question, any help appreciated

NickReplay, May 12, 2022
  3. Client losing connectivity to domain server share

I have strange issue. There is a small domain running SBS 2003 on the server and Windows 10 Pro on all the clients. All of the client systems have a mapped network drive that is mapped to a shared folder on the server. One of the client machines keeps losing access to the network drive and can't see the server either. But it can rdp to the server and it can see the other clients and access shared folder on them. They can see this system as well and access shared folders on it. Sometimes disabling then enabling the network connection will bring back access to the server shares. I have removed it from the domain and put it back in twice but that didn't fix the issue. When I removed it from the domain I went to the server and removed the computer account from active directory and created a new pc account when adding it back to the domain. I'm stumped. It started after a round of Windows updates.

elaguila64, May 12, 2022
  4. JasonNJ Win User

Win 7 connects and shares on server 2016 but windows 10 can connect to domain but not...

Windows Server 2016 - Setup Local Domain Controller

Hi,
    Great post! Thank you for these detailed instructions. I got to step 4.11 - 4.13. I am running Windows Server 2016 as a VM in VM Workstation 12 Pro. Before I made these changes, I had internet access. My VM Network Adapter is set to NAT.

I'm now connected to my new domain and I've changed the Preferred DNS address back to my router's IP address, but I'm still showing "No Internet access" and I have the yellow warning on my network connection. Any suggestions? I've restarted the vm and the main machine with no luck.

JasonNJ, May 12, 2022
Thema:

1. Win 7 connects and shares on server 2016 but windows 10 can connect to domain but not... - Similar Threads - connects shares server

2. Win 7 connects and shares on server 2016 but windows 10 can connect to domain but not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 7 connects and shares on server 2016 but windows 10 can connect to domain but not...: Win 7 connects and shares on server 2016 but windows 10 can connect to domain but not access files error code 0x80070035Howncan i fix this i have tried all fixes i can see on internet, is it smb, inhave removed smb1 and installed v2 with powershell but now my workstation...
  3. Win 7 connects and shares on server 2016 but windows 10 can connect to domain but not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 7 connects and shares on server 2016 but windows 10 can connect to domain but not...: Win 7 connects and shares on server 2016 but windows 10 can connect to domain but not access files error code 0x80070035Howncan i fix this i have tried all fixes i can see on internet, is it smb, inhave removed smb1 and installed v2 with powershell but now my workstation...
  4. Client losing connectivity to domain server share

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Client losing connectivity to domain server share: I have strange issue. There is a small domain running SBS 2003 on the server and Windows 10 Pro on all the clients. All of the client systems have a mapped network drive that is mapped to a shared folder on the server. One of the client machines keeps losing access to the...
  5. Remote connection struggles Definitions and domains and servers

Remote connection struggles Definitions and domains and servers: These two terms make sense to me. When they use terms like server or client or host Remote Access Remote Support I am unsure what they mean. However these terms make it clear: Operator/Admin side: This is the guy who is moving the mouse Remote partner/client side: This is...
  6. Connect an integrated win 7 to win 10

Connect an integrated win 7 to win 10: I have a win 7 Japanese version integrated computer which has physically operational (but not by it operating system etc.) webcam and monitor and computer all in box. Can I connect it to my new win 10 computer to used as its monitor and webcam? Quick check online seems like...
  7. Windows Server 2016 connecting directly to microsoft

Windows Server 2016 connecting directly to microsoft: I'm experiencing weird problem with one of my newly created virtual machine. For some reason it keeps trying to connect on Microsoft IP addresses without using proxy, so we keep getting firewall deny. Any idea why would server want to connect on those IP addresses:...
  8. Not able to connect to fax server on Server 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able to connect to fax server on Server 2016: I can run Windows Fax and Scan on the Server and connect to the fax account but when I try from any other computer on the network is says I do not have sufficient permission to connect to the server. What am I missing?...
  9. WIN 10 connect to Win 7

WIN 10 connect to Win 7: How can I network two computers one WIN 10 and the other WIN 7. WIN 10 no longer has a home group facility. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/win-10-connect-to-win-7/b830d9bd-5e2d-401c-a8ec-845d4162bba7
  10. Server can not Connect

Server can not Connect: Hi, My home entertainment set up includes a Sony STRDN 840 and a Samsung Model 5500 Series 5 TV. I use it mostly to play music from my computer music folders. I have two servers that will not connect using the SONY Home Network feature and I want to delete them. I have...