Windows 10: Win 7 laptop locked can't access or upgrade

Discus and support Win 7 laptop locked can't access or upgrade in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I got this Win 7 laptop from a friend who forgot the password for the admin account. I have been looking online for a few hours now on trying to unlock... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ECHEMH, Oct 20, 2021.

1. ECHEMH Win User

Win 7 laptop locked can't access or upgrade

I got this Win 7 laptop from a friend who forgot the password for the admin account. I have been looking online for a few hours now on trying to unlock it. I can't even reset. every thing I try keeps asking for admin password. I don't know how to delete password or even change it so I can get into it. I am also looking to upgrade it to Win 10 afterwards. I have tried https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xuQWGvcVFc this video and I get to pull up the cmd prompt and it came up then minimized and won't come up again. and this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCInsJ6BLjY&t=12s woul

:)

ECHEMH, Oct 20, 2021
  2. lse123 Win User

is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Oct 20, 2021
  3. is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but
    the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool says all ok and continued ok... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all ok for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?

and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)

is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

Lse123polis, Oct 20, 2021
  4. lucasbuck Win User

Sharing between Win 10 and Win 7

I have Windows Media Center set up on Win 7 on one machine. When I got to Network on the 10 machine, the 7 machine is listed, as well as all the drives on it. When I try to open any folder is says I don't have permission to access it. Everything I can find is set to share with everyone, all permissions. I don;t know which machine is having the problem. Any suggestions?

lucasbuck, Oct 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Win 7 laptop locked can't access or upgrade - Similar Threads - laptop locked can't

2. Win 7 laptop locked can't access or upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 7 laptop locked can't access or upgrade: I got this Win 7 laptop from a friend who forgot the password for the admin account. I have been looking online for a few hours now on trying to unlock it. I can't even reset. every thing I try keeps asking for admin password. I don't know how to delete password or even...
  3. Win 7 to win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 7 to win 10 upgrade: This issue was posted 2 yrs ago and no solution was found then. It still has the same problem today on my Toshiba L775 laptop:Error: 0x8007001F - 0x20006 the installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with error during REPLICATE_OC operation while upgrading to Windows 10 from...
  4. HP laptop with Win 7 upgrade to 10 crashed, want to access the drive.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    HP laptop with Win 7 upgrade to 10 crashed, want to access the drive.: My Dell computer running 10 with Winver 2004. Sister in another state (I just returned from there) had a Toshiba hdd in an HPpv6 Pavilion with Win 7 upgraded to 10 which crashed all of a sudden. Repairs by a shop attempted but not successful. They did take files and folders...
  5. Upgrading Win 7

Upgrading Win 7: I am currently using Win 7 Pro and Office 2002. I have written a number of macros for Word 2002 such as one that takes names from the database I have written and lays them out on pages on a 4 x 7 format that will print on to Multi-purpose labels which can them be stuck on...
  6. WIN 7 Upgrade

WIN 7 Upgrade: GREETINGS MICROSOFT I own a WIN 7 Home Edition license. WIN 7 resides on my outdated 2012 built system. HOW do I upgrade to WIN 10 on my brand newly built system? I subscribe to OFFICE 365. How do I install that on my new system? All of this is oh so...
  7. Upgraded a Win 7 laptop using Win 10 Upgrade Assistant

Upgraded a Win 7 laptop using Win 10 Upgrade Assistant: Split from this thread. I am having a similar but not exact issue.... Today I upgraded a Win 7 laptop using Win 10 Upgrade Assistant direct from within WIndows. After the download, verification, and install process I was greeted with the initial Win 10 logo along with...
  8. No access to Win 10 folders from networked Win 7 PC or Win 7 Laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No access to Win 10 folders from networked Win 7 PC or Win 7 Laptop: About 4 weeks ago I found I could no longer access any Win 10 folders from my Win 7 PC or Win 7 laptop. I have done the following to try to resolve this. 1) On Win 7 machines. deleted mapped drives and tried to re-map them – Failed, could not even see the Win 10 Laptop when...
  9. Win 7 upgrade to Win 10

Win 7 upgrade to Win 10: I currently have windows 7 and just found out I was to get a free upgrade to Window 10. How do I acquire it please? * Moved from Insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-upgrade-to-win-10/660e7921-eca1-4cde-be15-203ea0536f50
  10. Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10

Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10: My Gateway laptop has Win7 Sp1 64bit installed. I've tried 5 different times to upgrade to 10. Using the 64bit creative tool the download goes great, completes and the install starts, then says "failed in first boot phase with an error during SYSPREP operation." Also shows...