Windows 10: Win 7 Media Creation Tool

Discus and support Win 7 Media Creation Tool in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is there a Media Creation Tool for Win 7? I am thinking of putting Win 7 on a separate disk to dual boot to play some games that won't play on Win 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by stealth2920, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Win 7 Media Creation Tool

Is there a Media Creation Tool for Win 7? I am thinking of putting Win 7 on a separate disk to dual boot to play some games that won't play on Win 10. Still have Win 7 disks but they take forever to clean install.

:)

stealth2920, Jan 15, 2018

2. Win 10 MediaTool will not open

I can't begin to tell you how sick and tired I am of being directed back to the same old Win 10 instruction on the MS internet site.

The media creation tool does not open for my Win 7 home premium.

The Patil reply above is clearly confused. Yes, I have the IOS. It offers me ONLY a clean install. I want to upgrade my Win 7 home premium.

So, either tell me how to open it, or do not mention it again in reply to me, please.

January123, Jan 15, 2018
  3. Windows 7 To Windows 10 Upgrade/Downgrade

Before you do the WIN 10 upgrade using the media creation tool, make sure that your WIN 7 is up to date.

Emmanual Nebu, Jan 15, 2018
  4. Edwin New Member

Win 7 Media Creation Tool

Nope! You have to create the media yourself from an official ISO image file.

(Note: you MUST have your product key!)

Download Windows 7 Disc Images

Edwin, Jan 15, 2018
  5. Bree New Member
    No, see here... Software Download ...and click the links provided.

You'll find that there's an MCT available for 8.1 and another for 10, but with Windows 7 you have to provide your product key before MS let you download an ISO - and that has to be a retail key, the OEM CoA key from the sticker on a PC won't work.

If you need an official Microsoft download of a Win7 ISO this 3rd-party tool...
    https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/techno...-download-tool
    ...will generate the links you need to download direct from Microsoft.

6. Thanks. I assume then I would use Rufus to make a bootable USB drive from the ISO image?

7. Bree New Member
    Easier than that, you can do it yourself with DiskPart commands. @NavyLCDR explains...

8. Win 7 Media Creation Tool

Thanks Bree I will try that.

9. Bree New Member
    As you still have a Win7 disk, you shouldn't need to download an ISO. You could copy all the files from the disk to a prepared bootable USB.

10. Yep, that's what I am going to try and do.

11. I just made the USB drive. So I copy all the files from the installation DVD to the USB?

12. Just copied the files and tested the USB. Works perfect. Thanks for the info.

13. Bree New Member

Yes, the disk is exactly what you'd see if you mounted an ISO of the same disk. Make sure you include the boot files/folders.

edit: Oh, I see you've already succeeded while I was typing *Smile

14. Yes thanks, I copied every file that was on the DVD.

15. NavyLCDR New Member
    Is it a disk with SP1, though? If not, making a new drive from an SP1 ISO will save a bunch of updates from having to be installed.

NavyLCDR, Jan 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 7 Media Creation Tool - Similar Threads - Media Creation Tool

2. Media creation tool for Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media creation tool for Win 10: I am trying to create a bootable Win 10 creation tool. I am using the media creation tool. I can create a bootable Win 11 tool that will boot. The Win 10 tool will not boot. Each is using the same USB flash drive. Ideas please....
  3. Media creation tool for Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media creation tool for Win 10: I am trying to create a bootable Win 10 creation tool. I am using the media creation tool. I can create a bootable Win 11 tool that will boot. The Win 10 tool will not boot. Each is using the same USB flash drive. Ideas please....
  4. Media creation tool for Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 7 media creation tool resources?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 media creation tool resources?: Hi community;I have a HP Compaq 6910p, it's a fairly old enterprise laptop from 2005, which leads me to my question:Why aren't there any resources at all, even archived that allow me to install a version of windows 7 media creation tool or below?Any link I find either...
  6. Windows 7 media creation tool resources?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 media creation tool resources?: Hi community;I have a HP Compaq 6910p, it's a fairly old enterprise laptop from 2005, which leads me to my question:Why aren't there any resources at all, even archived that allow me to install a version of windows 7 media creation tool or below?Any link I find either...
  7. Media creation tool is not working in windows 7

Media creation tool is not working in windows 7: I am trying to run media creation tool to upgrade my windows7 to windows 10 but it does not starts and give message "' There was problem starting the set up. close the tool, restart your pc and then try running the tool again." i did all the possible solutions but can trun...
  8. Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media creation tool: So i know i can use this tool to update my pc to latest but will i keep all my settings and preferences? Havent updated my pc in 3 years so figured this is a better way to do it. submitted by /u/AwesomePicMan [link] [comments]...
  9. UPGRADE FROM WIN 7 >> WIN 10 USING "MEDIA CREATION TOOL"

UPGRADE FROM WIN 7 >> WIN 10 USING "MEDIA CREATION TOOL": We plan to upgrade a Win 7 desktop to Win 10 via "Media Creation Tool". We did this once before on another PC and it worked. But we would like to choose what is to be saved. Is there a prompt/option within the process where we could simply save our "User" folder with our...
  10. Media creation tool - no option for Win 10

Media creation tool - no option for Win 10: I downloaded it from here: Windows 10 When I run it, I get Win8 options only, no Windows 10... Have tried on two laptops... Any ideas? Anything else I need to make it work pls? 9458

Users found this page by searching for:

1. media creation tool 7