Windows 10: Win 7 pictures (JPG, etc.) not readable in Win 10 ?

Discus and support Win 7 pictures (JPG, etc.) not readable in Win 10 ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All the picture/images I created or downloaded in Windows 7 are unreadable in Windows 10 (or in Windows 8). When I try to open them in Windows 10 or in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tahilg, Aug 19, 2015.

1. tahilg Win User

Win 7 pictures (JPG, etc.) not readable in Win 10 ?

All the picture/images I created or downloaded in Windows 7 are unreadable in Windows 10 (or in Windows 8). When I try to open them in Windows 10 or in an image viewer app in Windows 10 I get an "Unknown Format". Does anyone know how I can properly access them in Windows 10 Pro?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

:)

tahilg, Aug 19, 2015

2. How do I get my Pictures to rotate on my background in Windows 10

In Win XP & 7 is was simple, just choose a directory and choose all pictures. In 10 I can't choose more than 1 picture. I have tried *.* and *.jpg and nothing.

DavidC75243, Aug 19, 2015
  3. goose1198 Win User
    can't download attachments since loading win10

Since upgrading from win 7 to 10 can't download any type of attachments on any of my earthlink web maisl. Get a security alert box saying they can't be downloaded. never had this problem with win 7. If I transfer my emails from earthlink to windows
    live mail I can open the attachments ie. pdf, jpg, etc.?

goose1198, Aug 19, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

JPG, Gif, Tif etc. are universal format and doesn't matter which OS or device they are made on and should display properly in W 10. Did you try opening them in Windows Picture viewer ? It's same one as in Win 7.

CountMike, Aug 19, 2015
  5. Harpert Win User
    download Redirecting ...
    This will not only display nearly all formats, but also gives you the opportunity to edit them *Smile

Good luck

Harpert, Aug 19, 2015
  6. CountMike New Member
    CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 7 pictures (JPG, etc.) not readable in Win 10 ? - Similar Threads - pictures JPG etc

2. Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 7 to Win 10: I have the Windows 7 home edition. by the time I changed it to Win 10 and then due a virus I formatted my disks. Right now, I want to activate the win 10 new installation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-to-win-10/d8f511b9-2035-4fc5-aa6b-b48dfce47dcc
  3. Win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 7 to win 10: Can i transfer old computer win 7 to new win 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-to-win-10/ea48f987-32d1-4b38-9a63-726bfffde42b"
  4. FRC, Dithering, modified blanking etc with win 10 but not with win 7 on same hardware?

in Windows 10 Customization
    FRC, Dithering, modified blanking etc with win 10 but not with win 7 on same hardware?: Hi, I do hope someone here will be able to help me find a solution so I will be able to use the computer again. Should I replace the monitor or the GPU in order to be able to use Windows 10? Or is there really no solution but reverting to Windows 7? I am highly sensitive...
  5. HEIC to JPG on win 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HEIC to JPG on win 10?: I have the newest upgrade but I need a codec to open these image files? Where can I get that - I don't want thrid party apps. TY! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/heic-to-jpg-on-win-10/0d1d1c0a-de9f-49c7-b3c6-03f82e0bc942"
  6. Win 7 Account Picture - Where is it?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win 7 Account Picture - Where is it?: Just upgraded to Win 10. How can I get the account icon that I had in Win 7? 41002
  7. Update win 7 to win 10

Update win 7 to win 10: Well after a success with my 8.1 desktop I have upgraded my win 7 laptop all went well note this upgrade takes three hours worked ok for a while & for some reason apps would only stay open for a second or two very strange decided to do restart it now seems to be working ok,...
  8. win 10 is for win 7 or win 8.1

win 10 is for win 7 or win 8.1: when i try to install win 10 i get win 10 is for win 7 or win 8.1 my laptop came install with win 8.1,rtied 3 times to install,same message.thanks for any help,maty 20636
  9. win 7 to win 10

win 7 to win 10: hello,im having the icon down the task bar for reserve my win 10,i did it in advance,but what benefits i get?is it a full version or a trial?do i get updates?do i have to install it on win 7 just an upgrade?can i reverse to win 7?do i have any setup for further use? hope...
  10. win 10 corrupts win 7

in Windows 10 Support
    win 10 corrupts win 7: I installed win 10 tech preview on a new hard drive installed in a 2nd bay in my HP 7-1010 pc. The original drive has win 7 on it. My intention was to have win 10 on a separate drive so win 7 would not be affected at all should something go wrong. Twice now when I try to boot...