Windows 10: Win 7 Pro activation key blocked by Microsoft

Discus and support Win 7 Pro activation key blocked by Microsoft in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I knew this time would come, but after multiple hard drive failures over the years my activation key has become blocked!I phoned the activation centre... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Keith Cov, Jun 6, 2022.

1. Keith Cov Win User

Win 7 Pro activation key blocked by Microsoft

I knew this time would come, but after multiple hard drive failures over the years my activation key has become blocked!I phoned the activation centre and they said they couldn't help me, and to come online here for advice!I'm unsure what anyone here can do but here goes. The expected replies will be to buy a new copy of Windows 10, but why should I just because my hard drive died?Thanks in advance.

:)

Keith Cov, Jun 6, 2022
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Will a Windows 7 Ultimate key activate Windows 7 Pro?

no TRWOV u can't use Ultimate key on Pro but u can download a free Windows 7, if that's the problem.

Windows 7 SP1 ISO from Microsoft's Official Distributer:

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

puma99dk|, Jun 6, 2022
  3. Tartaros Win User
    activate windows 7 oem key

Is there any way to activate a oem key in a win 7 wich has not been installed with the oem disk? The key is the one wich came with the computer and I installed version that matchs with it, so there wouldn't be any problem of using any other disk of win 7, but it doesn't activate.

Tartaros, Jun 6, 2022
  4. R-T-B Win User

Important W10 activation key questions left unanswered by Microsoft

magic jellybean won't help you. The key is a generic key and the HWID is logged at microsofts activation servers, making your mobo your activation key, not your serial. You CAN'T just move the install, at least not without contacting support with a legit RETAIL windows 7/8 license.

R-T-B, Jun 6, 2022
Thema:

1. Win 7 Pro activation key blocked by Microsoft - Similar Threads - Pro activation key

2. Convert Win 7 Pro to Win 8.1 Activation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert Win 7 Pro to Win 8.1 Activation.: A PC restore point was Windows 7 PRO. However, the PC was running 8.1 prior to the system restore. How do I get my License to covert back to 8.1 when I'm on 7 Pro? Thank you...
  3. Convert Win 7 Pro to Win 8.1 Activation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert Win 7 Pro to Win 8.1 Activation.: The restore point was Windows 7 PRO. However, the PC was running 8.1 prior to the system restore. How do I get my License to covert back to 8.1 when I'm on 7 Pro. Thank you...
  4. Windows 7 Ultimate x64 activation key is being blocked by Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 activation key is being blocked by Microsoft: In 2019 I have bought a gaming laptop with intention of installing on it newly bought Windows 7 Ultimate. When it turned out not to be fully compatible with the drivers needed for this laptop, I bought Windows 10 and never used the key for Win7.Now I decided as the second...
  5. Windows 7 Ultimate x64 activation key is being blocked by Microsoft

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 activation key is being blocked by Microsoft: In 2019 I have bought a gaming laptop with intention of installing on it newly bought Windows 7 Ultimate. When it turned out not to be fully compatible with the drivers needed for this laptop, I bought Windows 10 and never used the key for Win7.Now I decided as the second...
  6. Win 7 Pro activation key blocked by Microsoft

Win 7 Pro activation key blocked by Microsoft: I knew this time would come, but after multiple hard drive failures over the years my activation key has become blocked!I phoned the activation centre and they said they couldn't help me, and to come online here for advice!I'm unsure what anyone here can do but here goes. The...
  7. Activate Win 10 Pro with Win 7 Pro product key - error 0x80072EFD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Win 10 Pro with Win 7 Pro product key - error 0x80072EFD: Hi there, can one not use the Windows 7 product key to activate a Win 10 version? My Win 7 version on my old Dell laptop says Pro OA MEA and was shipped with the laptop back then. Am now trying to activate Windows 10 both Pro on a completely new system Can I for some...
  8. Win 7 Pro product key unable to activate Win 10 Pro

Win 7 Pro product key unable to activate Win 10 Pro: First, a little backstory. I previously bought a Windows 7 Pro key from a third party seller so that I could upgrade from Win 7 home to pro, and also wipe all the bloatware off a Dell Inspiron laptop. That laptop has since died hardware failure of some kind. I recently built...
  9. Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro doesn't Activate

Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro doesn't Activate: I have a very good 8 years old Sony Vaio Laptop (Sandy Bridge i5, 8G of memory) with Win 7 Pro SLP license that was a gift from my nephew. It is activated. I decided to upgrade it to Win 10 1909 pro. I cloned the disk, booted into Win 7 Pro and ran setup from a USB Win 10...
  10. Activating Win 10 pro with Win 7 pro

Activating Win 10 pro with Win 7 pro: I installed Windows 10 pro as a VMware Workstation 14 Player Virtual Machine. I tried to activate it using the product key from an OEM Win7 pro DVD I purchased for a pc I built years ago (and then disassembled months ago). That didn't work. Any ideas? Thanks for any...