Windows 10: Win 7 Pro OA upgrade to Win 10

Discus and support Win 7 Pro OA upgrade to Win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to research as to whether my business can upgrade our Win 7 OA business specific client build to a version of Win 10. Is this still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NeilBuckley2, May 20, 2020.

1. Win 7 Pro OA upgrade to Win 10

Hi,

I'm trying to research as to whether my business can upgrade our Win 7 OA business specific client build to a version of Win 10. Is this still possible to do at no cost?

We have tested both Win 10 and Linux, both work however more work is required for Linux however the version we are looking at is free.

Thanks Neil

:)

NeilBuckley2, May 20, 2020

2. Windows 10 pro 1903 will not update to Win 10 Pro 1909

Notes:

1) Computer originaly used Win 7 Pro OA (OEM)

2) Reformatted the HD

3) Used Win10 Pro version 1903 to install on the Win 7 Pro OA (OEM) based computer.

4) Used the OA Product Key that was listed on the Computers Case.

5) Installation completed.
    Program confirms activation is valid.

6) Win 10 Pro will not list an available upgrade to Win 10 pro version 1909.

Sparkey1000, May 20, 2020
  3. Poneylord Win User
    Win 10 reinstallation from a previously upgraded Win 7 Pro OA activation error 0x803F7001 and 0x004F210

Hello,

I previously upgraded my Win 7 Pro OA to Win 10 through the update manager and everything went fine.

Activation got processed automatically online and I've leisurely enjoyed my genuine Win 10 for a couple months.

Now, due to a hardware failure, I had to reinstall Win 10 from scratch.

Since I was lacking media containing a Win 10 installer, I downloaded the MediaCreationTool from the Windows website and created a bootable USB drive containing the Win 10 installer.

Everything went fine for the install itself, but once in Windows proper it fails to activate automatically.

- In the UPDATE & SECURITY>Activation panel, it displays:

Activation failed because this device doesn't have a valid digital entitlement or product key. Error code: 0x803F7001

- Upon trying to Change the product key with the one I got on my PC sticker (displaying Windows 7 Pro OA), it spins for a while and I received the following message:

You are running Windows 10 Pro N. The product key you entered cannot be used to activate this edition. Error Code: 0x004F210

Question is as is:

Is the version installed from the USB key the wrong one?

- If yes, how can I fix that so my key functions again?

- If no, what do I need to do to make my key work again?

Thanks in advance,

OP - Win 10 reinstallation from a previously upgraded Win 7 Pro OA

Poneylord, May 20, 2020
  4. Win 7 Pro OA upgrade to Win 10

upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

I have several times tried to upgrade my desktop (dual boot Win XP and Win 7 Pro) to Win 10 Pro using the downloaded ISO file, and keep my personal files and apps. It runs about 36 hours then fails. How can I make this upgrade? If not using the ISO file
    is there another method to accomplish this ??

Thanks for suggestions.

DonaldJaneway, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Win 7 Pro OA upgrade to Win 10

1. Win 7 Pro OA upgrade to Win 10 - Similar Threads - Pro upgrade

2. Getting a license key for a Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting a license key for a Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade: Hi everyone,I work for an MSP and I have a managed customer who needs a few existing PC's upgraded from Windows 11 Home to Pro.I've done this before with the method of putting in a company Microsoft account with a company credit card to purchase the upgrade from right inside...
  3. Getting a license key for a Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting a license key for a Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade: Hi everyone,I work for an MSP and I have a managed customer who needs a few existing PC's upgraded from Windows 11 Home to Pro.I've done this before with the method of putting in a company Microsoft account with a company credit card to purchase the upgrade from right inside...
  4. I've been charged twice to upgrade to windows 11 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've been charged twice to upgrade to windows 11 pro: To be honest I'm incredibly frustrated. I've followed all the steps to try and get this resolved from forum community answers and it just takes me round in circles? All the way back to looking in forums with no actual solution or button to request a refund. I upgraded windows...
  5. I've been charged twice to upgrade to windows 11 pro

I've been charged twice to upgrade to windows 11 pro: To be honest I'm incredibly frustrated. I've followed all the steps to try and get this resolved from forum community answers and it just takes me round in circles? All the way back to looking in forums with no actual solution or button to request a refund. I upgraded windows...
  6. Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?: Can I upgrade to Windows 11 PRO after installing an OEM windows 10 PRO key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-to-windows-11-pro-after-purchasing-an/c4fe2498-cc57-48fd-aa3b-94e4afb87eeb
  7. Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?

Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?: Can I upgrade to Windows 11 PRO after installing an OEM windows 10 PRO key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-to-windows-11-pro-after-purchasing-an/c4fe2498-cc57-48fd-aa3b-94e4afb87eeb
  8. Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. download the Windows Pro 11 for Workstations.iso, so apply this method of upgrade to 23H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    download the Windows Pro 11 for Workstations.iso, so apply this method of upgrade to 23H2: Does Microsoft permits/supports any way of bypass restrictions, Windows 11 Pro installation or upgrade...? I have purchased a USED PC ... from ebay... HP Z640 WORKSTATION, XEON V4, 64GB DDR4, K4200 QUADRO 4GB, TPM 1.2Has Windows 11 Pro 22H2 for Workstations version, and...
  10. download the Windows Pro 11 for Workstations.iso, so apply this method of upgrade to 23H2

download the Windows Pro 11 for Workstations.iso, so apply this method of upgrade to 23H2: Does Microsoft permits/supports any way of bypass restrictions, Windows 11 Pro installation or upgrade...? I have purchased a USED PC ... from ebay... HP Z640 WORKSTATION, XEON V4, 64GB DDR4, K4200 QUADRO 4GB, TPM 1.2Has Windows 11 Pro 22H2 for Workstations version, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot activate windows 7 Pro OA

2. upgrade windows 7 prem oa to windows10