Windows 10: Win 7 Pro OA upgrade to Win 10

Discus and support Win 7 Pro OA upgrade to Win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to research as to whether my business can upgrade our Win 7 OA business specific client build to a version of Win 10. Is this still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NeilBuckley2, May 20, 2020.

1. Win 7 Pro OA upgrade to Win 10

Hi,

I'm trying to research as to whether my business can upgrade our Win 7 OA business specific client build to a version of Win 10. Is this still possible to do at no cost?

We have tested both Win 10 and Linux, both work however more work is required for Linux however the version we are looking at is free.

Thanks Neil

:)

NeilBuckley2, May 20, 2020

2. Windows 10 pro 1903 will not update to Win 10 Pro 1909

Notes:

1) Computer originaly used Win 7 Pro OA (OEM)

2) Reformatted the HD

3) Used Win10 Pro version 1903 to install on the Win 7 Pro OA (OEM) based computer.

4) Used the OA Product Key that was listed on the Computers Case.

5) Installation completed.
    Program confirms activation is valid.

6) Win 10 Pro will not list an available upgrade to Win 10 pro version 1909.

Sparkey1000, May 20, 2020
  3. Poneylord Win User
    Win 10 reinstallation from a previously upgraded Win 7 Pro OA activation error 0x803F7001 and 0x004F210

Hello,

I previously upgraded my Win 7 Pro OA to Win 10 through the update manager and everything went fine.

Activation got processed automatically online and I've leisurely enjoyed my genuine Win 10 for a couple months.

Now, due to a hardware failure, I had to reinstall Win 10 from scratch.

Since I was lacking media containing a Win 10 installer, I downloaded the MediaCreationTool from the Windows website and created a bootable USB drive containing the Win 10 installer.

Everything went fine for the install itself, but once in Windows proper it fails to activate automatically.

- In the UPDATE & SECURITY>Activation panel, it displays:

Activation failed because this device doesn't have a valid digital entitlement or product key. Error code: 0x803F7001

- Upon trying to Change the product key with the one I got on my PC sticker (displaying Windows 7 Pro OA), it spins for a while and I received the following message:

You are running Windows 10 Pro N. The product key you entered cannot be used to activate this edition. Error Code: 0x004F210

Question is as is:

Is the version installed from the USB key the wrong one?

- If yes, how can I fix that so my key functions again?

- If no, what do I need to do to make my key work again?

Thanks in advance,

OP - Win 10 reinstallation from a previously upgraded Win 7 Pro OA

Poneylord, May 20, 2020
  4. Win 7 Pro OA upgrade to Win 10

upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

I have several times tried to upgrade my desktop (dual boot Win XP and Win 7 Pro) to Win 10 Pro using the downloaded ISO file, and keep my personal files and apps. It runs about 36 hours then fails. How can I make this upgrade? If not using the ISO file
    is there another method to accomplish this ??

Thanks for suggestions.

DonaldJaneway, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Win 7 Pro OA upgrade to Win 10

1. Win 7 Pro OA upgrade to Win 10 - Similar Threads - Pro upgrade

2. 7 pro to 10 pro possible upgrade?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    7 pro to 10 pro possible upgrade?: Hello all! Hopefully last post/question before I actually get my new 10 system up and running (Monday!). This just dawned on me right now. My computer that is on the verge of death, and being replaced is Win7 Pro (x64). The system I've purchased to replace it comes...
  3. Windows 10 SL to Windows 10 Pro - Microsoft Store upgrade

Windows 10 SL to Windows 10 Pro - Microsoft Store upgrade: Good day, I bought a licence upgrade from Windows 10 SL to Windows 10 Pro on the Microsoft store. Received my email confirmation and everything went well. Upgrade was successful. However since I joined my PC to the local domain Windows is saying that it is not...
  4. upgrade windows 10 pro

upgrade windows 10 pro: what is this 0x8007007b https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-windows-10-pro/ba3a53d7-cefe-463d-8e52-2b5c43039442
  5. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro with bad key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro with bad key: Hello, I have Windows 10 Home on my PC. I recently was given a Windows 10 Pro key from someone who said he had a handful of them. If the key that he gave me works, but later on is found to be 'fake', would it just revert back to Windows 10 Home that came with my PC, or will I...
  6. Win 10 Home to Pro Upgrade issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Home to Pro Upgrade issue: So I want to upgrade my PC from Win 10 Home to Pro but I got this error message: This upgrade path is not supported. Please close Setup and re-launch from the root of the media or go back and pick a different installation choice What does this mean and how do i solve it?...
  7. Can I transfer a windows 10 pro upgrade to a new machine?

Can I transfer a windows 10 pro upgrade to a new machine?: Hi, I am about to buy a new windows 10 desktop machine and have the option to purchase with Home or Professional. I already have a professional upgrade licence for my current machine. This was bought recently from the Windows store March 2020. My question is, if I...
  8. Unable to Activate Following Win10 Home->Pro Upgrade

Unable to Activate Following Win10 Home->Pro Upgrade: I needed the extra functionality of Win10 Pro, so I went into Settings -> Updates & Security -> Activation and followed the upgrade steps. The Microsoft Store successfully charged my credit card for the update as expected. It installed, and I now have the extra features......
  9. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro: I purchased a Surface a few weeks ago which came with Windows 10 Home, so I upgraded toWindows 10 Pro using my Microsoft account through the Microsoft online store $130.00 CDN. It was a very seamless process. A short time later, I had to return the Surface and buy a...
  10. Returned Surface after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro: Can I reuse license or get refund?

Returned Surface after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro: Can I reuse license or get refund?: I purchased a Surface a few weeks ago which came with Windows 10 Home, so I upgraded toWindows 10 Pro using my Microsoft account through the Microsoft online store $130.00 CDN. It was a very seamless process. A short time later, I had to return the Surface and buy a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. upgrade windows 7 prem oa to windows10