Windows 10: Win 7 Pro product key unable to activate Win 10 Pro

Discus and support Win 7 Pro product key unable to activate Win 10 Pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; First, a little backstory. I previously bought a Windows 7 Pro key from a third party seller so that I could upgrade from Win 7 home to pro, and also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RCJD2001, Mar 6, 2020.

1. RCJD2001 Win User

Win 7 Pro product key unable to activate Win 10 Pro

First, a little backstory. I previously bought a Windows 7 Pro key from a third party seller so that I could upgrade from Win 7 home to pro, and also wipe all the bloatware off a Dell Inspiron laptop. That laptop has since died hardware failure of some kind. I recently built a new desktop pc to replace it, and I thought that I could use the Win 7 Pro key from the dead device to activate Win 10 Pro on the new desktop.

I keep getting a "Windows reported a hardware change" error, and it is failing to activate. I tried running the "I changed hardware recently" option under the activation troubleshooter, and it said it can't find any other devices on my Microsoft account that can be used to activate it.

Do I have to buy a new key, or is there a way around this?

JD

:)

RCJD2001, Mar 6, 2020
  2. RobCoxXA Win User

Win 10 Pro upgrade using Win 8 Pro product key

I just bought a new computer running Win 10 Home. When I went to upgrade to Win 10 Pro using my Win 8 Pro product key from my old computer, the upgrade wouldn't activate.

Now I'm stuck with a bunch of error messages (mainly 0xC004C003) and am being told windows isn't activated. I can't seem to get my activated Win 10 Home back.

I don't have a product key for the Win 10 Home because it came pre-installed. There's no product code recorded on the packaging or labelling on the device.

So:

How do I either

• activate the Win Pro upgrade, or
    • Get my activated Win 10 home back?

RobCoxXA, Mar 6, 2020
  3. Win 10 Pro Free Activation with Dual Boot Win 7 Pro

I have Win 7 Pro installed

I have installed Win10 Pro from ISO to separate partition

Dual boot is working fine

If I use my Win 7 Pro Activation Key to activate Win 10 Pro I have the following questions:

Will Win10 Activate for free?

Wil Win 7 continue to be usable?

Douglas DTAE, Mar 6, 2020
  4. Win 7 Pro product key unable to activate Win 10 Pro

Wins 10 pro becoming wins 7 pro

I am using wins 10 pro, but during end user activation it shows wins 7 pro

Any suggestion?

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

TingTracccey, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

Win 7 Pro product key unable to activate Win 10 Pro

1. Win 7 Pro product key unable to activate Win 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Pro product key

2. Win 10 Pro product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Pro product key: Hi,I have a pc where the motherboard died and a retail licence of Windows 10 Pro. I need to swap it to a new build pc. The retailer say they don’t sell Microsoft products any more but they never sent me a product key email. Spoke with licensing phone support who say contact...
  3. Invalid product key Win 7 PRO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid product key Win 7 PRO: A few years ago after purchasing Win 7 Pro. When it came time to activate it. I called they gave me a product key that I am using now not the product key that came with the CD I have been using it installed on the same computer for at least five years. Now I am getting...
  4. Invalid product key Win 7 PRO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invalid product key Win 7 PRO: A few years ago after purchasing Win 7 Pro. When it came time to activate it. I called they gave me a product key that I am using now not the product key that came with the CD I have been using it installed on the same computer for at least five years. Now I am getting...
  5. Activate Win 10 Pro with Win 7 Pro product key - error 0x80072EFD

Activate Win 10 Pro with Win 7 Pro product key - error 0x80072EFD: Hi there, can one not use the Windows 7 product key to activate a Win 10 version? My Win 7 version on my old Dell laptop says Pro OA MEA and was shipped with the laptop back then. Am now trying to activate Windows 10 both Pro on a completely new system Can I for some...
  6. Activation of my win 10 pro by product key

Activation of my win 10 pro by product key: How do I get a product key on line to activate my Win 10 pro trial version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-of-my-win-10-pro-by-product-key/63be0279-065e-4baf-bcb2-28d9f6389fde
  7. Win 10 Pro Activation Product Key

Win 10 Pro Activation Product Key: I did the Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate. Installation went well. However, I wanted to not be under a digital license, so I bought a Windows 10 Pro License from Amazon. Using the product key from Amazon gives me an error stating I should buy a real copy of...
  8. Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro doesn't Activate

Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro doesn't Activate: I have a very good 8 years old Sony Vaio Laptop (Sandy Bridge i5, 8G of memory) with Win 7 Pro SLP license that was a gift from my nephew. It is activated. I decided to upgrade it to Win 10 1909 pro. I cloned the disk, booted into Win 7 Pro and ran setup from a USB Win 10...
  9. Activating Win 10 pro with Win 7 pro

Activating Win 10 pro with Win 7 pro: I installed Windows 10 pro as a VMware Workstation 14 Player Virtual Machine. I tried to activate it using the product key from an OEM Win7 pro DVD I purchased for a pc I built years ago (and then disassembled months ago). That didn't work. Any ideas? Thanks for any...
  10. Product Key of win 7 Pro works in win 10 Pro fresh install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Product Key of win 7 Pro works in win 10 Pro fresh install: I want to install windows 10 pro and win dev tools VS2015 Community... on my MacBook Pro 4-cores/16GB/256GB I have Windows 7 Pro license and VMWare Fusion Pro license What to do??? Product Key of win 7 Pro works in win 10 Pro fresh install...as a VM? Or have to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 7 pro key