Windows 10: Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro doesn't Activate

Discus and support Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro doesn't Activate in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a very good 8 years old Sony Vaio Laptop (Sandy Bridge i5, 8G of memory) with Win 7 Pro SLP license that was a gift from my nephew. It is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Megahertz, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Megahertz Win User

Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro doesn't Activate

I have a very good 8 years old Sony Vaio Laptop (Sandy Bridge i5, 8G of memory) with Win 7 Pro SLP license that was a gift from my nephew. It is activated.
    I decided to upgrade it to Win 10 1909 pro. I cloned the disk, booted into Win 7 Pro and ran setup from a USB Win 10 installation disk.
    It installed Win 10 Pro but did not Activate. It says that it found a Win 7 Home license and that I should install Win 10 Home.
    The Laptop has a Win 7 Pro COA sticker on the back but the last 4 digits are damaged so I can't use it as a valid key.

Why it found a Win 7 Home license if it was upgraded from a activated Win 7 Pro?
    How can I upgrade to Win 10 Home from a Win 7 Pro as Win 10 setup doesn't ask witch version I what to install?

:)

Megahertz, Jan 6, 2020

2. Wins 10 pro becoming wins 7 pro

I am using wins 10 pro, but during end user activation it shows wins 7 pro

Any suggestion?

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

TingTracccey, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Win 10 Pro Free Activation with Dual Boot Win 7 Pro

I have Win 7 Pro installed

I have installed Win10 Pro from ISO to separate partition

Dual boot is working fine

If I use my Win 7 Pro Activation Key to activate Win 10 Pro I have the following questions:

Will Win10 Activate for free?

Wil Win 7 continue to be usable?

Douglas DTAE, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Yancyd66 Win User

Win 7 pro to Upgrade to Win 10 Pro

Long story. Several months ago upgraded from win 7 pro to win 10 pro.
    Everything fine until BSOD a few days ago. After many hrs of trying to fix with no luck I decided to do clean install of win 7 again and then using Media Creation Tool downloaded and created what I thought was a Win 10 Pro ISO disk.
    Used disk and loaded win 10 to pc. Things again fine except have the “Activate Window” message and that’s when I discovered the ISO was Win 10 Home.
    Why didn’t the Media Creation Tool create a Win 10 Pro ISO and how do I now get the Win 10 Pro ISO.

Yancyd66, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro doesn't Activate - Similar Threads - Pro Pro doesn't

2. Convert Win 7 Pro to Win 8.1 Activation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert Win 7 Pro to Win 8.1 Activation.: A PC restore point was Windows 7 PRO. However, the PC was running 8.1 prior to the system restore. How do I get my License to covert back to 8.1 when I'm on 7 Pro? Thank you...
  3. Convert Win 7 Pro to Win 8.1 Activation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert Win 7 Pro to Win 8.1 Activation.: The restore point was Windows 7 PRO. However, the PC was running 8.1 prior to the system restore. How do I get my License to covert back to 8.1 when I'm on 7 Pro. Thank you...
  4. Win 7 Pro product key unable to activate Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 7 Pro product key unable to activate Win 10 Pro: First, a little backstory. I previously bought a Windows 7 Pro key from a third party seller so that I could upgrade from Win 7 home to pro, and also wipe all the bloatware off a Dell Inspiron laptop. That laptop has since died hardware failure of some kind. I recently built...
  5. upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: I have several times tried to upgrade my desktop dual boot Win XP and Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro using the downloaded ISO file, and keep my personal files and apps. It runs about 36 hours then fails. How can I make this upgrade? If not using the ISO file is there another...
  6. win 7 pro win 10 pro

win 7 pro win 10 pro: how do I upgrade from win 7 to win 10? I have product key for 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-pro-win-10-pro/931e1125-6737-4bec-821b-26fd3cc64bac
  7. Activating Win 10 pro with Win 7 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Win 10 pro with Win 7 pro: I installed Windows 10 pro as a VMware Workstation 14 Player Virtual Machine. I tried to activate it using the product key from an OEM Win7 pro DVD I purchased for a pc I built years ago (and then disassembled months ago). That didn't work. Any ideas? Thanks for any...
  8. Upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

Upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: I purchased an upgrade to Win 10 Pro from a Microsoft certified seller. The problem I'm having is the upgrade keeps hanging up around 80% install. I'm running an MSI motherboard MSI Z975SSLI Krait Edition (MS 7922) 64 bit Intel core i5-4690 3.5 Ghz 38 GB memory. Can...
  9. Win 7 Pro to Win 10

Win 7 Pro to Win 10: Upgraded, appeared to be fine. Now printer doesn't print. Shows as default, but won't print...*Sad 10819
  10. Need to upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

Need to upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: My first PC I upgraded did not upgrade to Pro. So I want to download the media for Pro, and upgrade with it. When I go to the MS site to download, it does not offer me a selection of versions to download. Can anyone suggest where to find the Pro Win 10 download, or a...