Windows 10: Win 7 problem booting from hdd

Discus and support Win 7 problem booting from hdd in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When laptop starts booting the win 7 logo appears then the screen switches on bsod at one milisecond then the system recovery and start windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Јовица Ђукић, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Win 7 problem booting from hdd

When laptop starts booting the win 7 logo appears then the screen switches on bsod at one milisecond then the system recovery and start windows normally appears.As usual the recovery option doesn't do anything so i tried using win 7 installation and i used cmd to fix mbr and bcd.Then that also didn't fix anything because there is no path there is nothing on hdd.But that's not the issue here because there would be message no boot device.I tried plugging other hdd with win 7 installed already.I successfully ran commands for rebuilding mbr and bcd but it was unlucky it didn't work eitherThe only

:)

Јовица Ђукић, Dec 5, 2023
  2. glnz Win User

Will I lose dual-booting if I clone HDD to NVMe using Macrium?

NavyLCDR - interesting suggestion - connect the NVMe drive before running the steps in the amazing article I linked to? Just to see that the 7010 (in each of Win 10 and Win 7 booting from the HDD) recognizes the NVMe for storage purposes, and that therefore each Win has the drivers for the Samsung NVMe? I like it.

glnz, Dec 5, 2023
  3. cereberus Win User
    Will I lose dual-booting if I clone HDD to NVMe using Macrium?

Does Windows 7 even have suitable drivers for nvme drives?

cereberus, Dec 5, 2023
  4. Win 7 problem booting from hdd

Help on triple boot: Ubuntu, Win 7, XP.

• [/quote] then run it Code: sudo gparted[/quote]
    • And you should see that the Windows 7 partition has a flag indicating that it is a boot partition, remove that flag;
    • Reinstall Windows XP on sda2 (now XP should install its loader on sda2 too);
    • Test if XP boots from GRUB;
    • After this restore the boot flag on the 7 partition and test all OSs;
    I remember doing something like this long time ago (Longhorn/Vista early days), but it was with two different HDDs so it was "kinda" easier.
    Good luck. Click to expand... I did exactly what you said and came up with the same results. It doesn't really matter, though. It's just a slight inconvenience that I can overlook. However, I will remember the steps and commands your provided me for future reference. I appreciate your time and effort in helping me with this matter. One last question. Is it possible to have the following OS'es: Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows Home Server, all without conflicts?

GoFigureItOut, Dec 5, 2023
Thema:

Win 7 problem booting from hdd

1. Win 7 problem booting from hdd - Similar Threads - problem booting hdd

2. Win 7 problem booting from hdd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 7 problem booting from hdd: When laptop starts booting the win 7 logo appears then the screen switches on bsod at one milisecond then the system recovery and start windows normally appears.As usual the recovery option doesn't do anything so i tried using win 7 installation and i used cmd to fix mbr and...
  3. a problem during upgrade from win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    a problem during upgrade from win 7 to win 10: HelloI have faced a problem during upgrade from win 7 to win 10error code : 0x80070008 - 0x3001A Dell laptop Inspiron 3542D8BW912Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-problem-during-upgrade-from-win-7-to-win-10/d4a50ed9-eac9-432f-85a8-1c25d94b8ab4
  4. a problem during upgrade from win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    a problem during upgrade from win 7 to win 10: HelloI have faced a problem during upgrade from win 7 to win 10error code : 0x80070008 - 0x3001A Dell laptop Inspiron 3542D8BW912Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-problem-during-upgrade-from-win-7-to-win-10/d4a50ed9-eac9-432f-85a8-1c25d94b8ab4
  5. Microphone problems, switching from Win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone problems, switching from Win 7 to win 10: the Logitech Microphone I used with Win 7, worked great with audacity... Now has low volume and poor sound quality in win 10 looks like many are having a problem with thisI've checked all the settings and, somehow increasing the volume for "microphone" cut off the sound to...
  6. Microphone problems, switching from Win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone problems, switching from Win 7 to win 10: the Logitech Microphone I used with Win 7, worked great with audacity... has low volume and poor sound quality in win 10 looks like many are having a problem with thisI've checked all the settings and, somehow increasing the volume for "microphone" cut off the sound to...
  7. Boot failure after removal of Win 7 HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot failure after removal of Win 7 HDD: I recently upgraded to Win 10 by installing it on a new SSD, leaving my previous Win 7 SSD intact. I also didn't remove the Win 7 SSD as I planned on formatting it and using it for storage. It all worked and it even recognized the Win 7 disk and gave me a dual boot option...
  8. Fast Startup - Win 10 - Win 7 - Boot Problems - Only 7 Booted

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast Startup - Win 10 - Win 7 - Boot Problems - Only 7 Booted: I have 2 SSDs, one with a 'dormant' copy of Win 10 and the second with an actively used copy of Win 7. By 'dormant' I mean that I've only booted the Win 10 drive a few times to install updates. It is an end-of-the-year insurance policy against the end-of-support for Win 7 as...
  9. failing HDD with Win10 on it upgraded from Win 7

failing HDD with Win10 on it upgraded from Win 7: HP PC originally with Window 7, upgraded to Windows 10 during free upgrade period. HDD is failing (HP error BIOHD-8) so need to replace HDD. How can I get legal copy of Windows 10 on new HDD? Thanks in advance....
  10. Dummy with lack of dual boot (win 7/win 10) problem

Dummy with lack of dual boot (win 7/win 10) problem: I have a problem that, surprisingly, I haven’t been able to find a solution to by using search on here. I’ve also checked the common problems section, again with no joy. I will loosely detail my system, the events that lead to the problem and then the problem itself. I own...