Windows 10: win 7 program not opening

Discus and support win 7 program not opening in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I an getting this msg over and over. Can not open any program. {C:/ program files x86/movies toolbar/datamngr/apcrtldr.dll}. My laptop is running... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DR 464, Apr 25, 2021.

1. DR 464 Win User

win 7 program not opening

I an getting this msg over and over. Can not open any program. {C:/ program files x86/movies toolbar/datamngr/apcrtldr.dll}. My laptop is running Windows 7

:)

DR 464, Apr 25, 2021
  2. I2Believe Win User

Sony Sound Forge 7 won't open since Windows 10 upgrade

Tried to open my registered Sony Sound Forge 7 software program today and realized that since Windows 10 upgrade, like some other software programs affected, this one won't open.

(1) Tried some of the suggestions in regedit but didn't see all of the Sony entries listed in the steps

(2) Tried opening with "run as administrator" - didn't work.

Any suggestions?

I2Believe, Apr 25, 2021
  3. Kasabugu Win User
    Add app/program to 'Open with' apps list

Am I missing something? I just want to add a program to the list of files in the "Open with" list; in win XP and 7 it was just a matter of associating the file type with the program but in win 10 this doesn't seem possible. To make it clear I don't want
    to change the default program just to add a program to the 'Open with' list for example .html .css .js files I am developing need to be opened with a browser as default or sometimes Dreamweaver ( which IS in the list ) but sometimes I want to open it with
    my text editor since it is quicker to see the contents of the file but in order to do so I need to... right click the file > select open with > choose another app > select my editor from the list.

I used to right click > select open with > choose my editor. Since I do this many times it is a pain to have the extra step.

***Post moved by moderator to the appropriate category.***

Kasabugu, Apr 25, 2021
  4. adoornik Win User

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, Apr 25, 2021
Thema:

1. win 7 program not opening - Similar Threads - program opening

2. Windows opens program on second monitor that is not connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows opens program on second monitor that is not connected: I have already found a solution on this, but I thought it could be helpful for other people struggling with the same problem.A certain app on my laptop didn't seem to notice that my second monitor wasn't connected anymore, so when I launched it the app kept opening on the...
  3. Windows opens program on second monitor that is not connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows opens program on second monitor that is not connected: I have already found a solution on this, but I thought it could be helpful for other people struggling with the same problem.A certain app on my laptop didn't seem to notice that my second monitor wasn't connected anymore, so when I launched it the app kept opening on the...
  4. how do I prevent programs from opening automatically when Windows start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I prevent programs from opening automatically when Windows start: I have 5 five programs that start automaticaly when I open Windos which makes my computer very slow. What can I do to stop them?Thank you beforehand,Anna...
  5. how do I prevent programs from opening automatically when Windows start

how do I prevent programs from opening automatically when Windows start: I have 5 five programs that start automaticaly when I open Windos which makes my computer very slow. What can I do to stop them?Thank you beforehand,Anna...
  6. update broke my pc, running at 100disk and can't open main menue or search for program,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    update broke my pc, running at 100disk and can't open main menue or search for program,...: the problem is the 50 million years to ge to the enter password pagethen the 50 million years to open the **** picutre to get the **** bar you the password inthen the **** 50 milllion years to "load in"then **** milllion years for the all the icons and tool bar to show...
  7. update broke my pc, running at 100disk and can't open main menue or search for program,...

update broke my pc, running at 100disk and can't open main menue or search for program,...: the problem is the 50 million years to ge to the enter password pagethen the 50 million years to open the **** picutre to get the **** bar you the password inthen the **** 50 milllion years to "load in"then **** milllion years for the all the icons and tool bar to show...
  8. update broke my pc, running at 100disk and can't open main menue or search for program,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. I try to open the program, it just loading and not open what should I do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I try to open the program, it just loading and not open what should I do: i try alot but no open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-try-to-open-the-program-it-just-loading-and-not/e92bf81c-a1e8-43ae-bc03-3159ce60998f
  10. I try to open the program, it just loading and not open what should I do

I try to open the program, it just loading and not open what should I do: i try alot but no open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-try-to-open-the-program-it-just-loading-and-not/e92bf81c-a1e8-43ae-bc03-3159ce60998f