Windows 10: Win 7 style backup fails for skipped item

Discus and support Win 7 style backup fails for skipped item in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; v 2004 OS build 19041.508 64bit Message received:[CODE][Backup encountered a problem while backing up file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by chipwood, Nov 10, 2020.

1. chipwood Win User

Win 7 style backup fails for skipped item

v 2004 OS build 19041.508 64bit
    Message received:
    Code:
    [Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Thunderbird\Profiles\ca2sj6sf. ErrorSTATUS_WAIT_3 (0x80070003))/CODE]

There is plenty of evidence of Thunderbird profile ca2sj6sf ln my user Appdata Local [b]and [/b]Roaming. though not as default

I've not met this problem before thunderbird version was recently auto upgraded. 
    Please guide me how to solve my problem. 

[trace]168120[/trace]

chipwood, Nov 10, 2020

2. Backup skipped

Hi Ken,

For us to better isolate your concern, we need additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are your backing up files or creating a system image?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest deleting the backup you created and create a new one. Click this
    article
    and follow the steps on how to create a backup.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Nov 10, 2020
  3. Stick111 Win User
    Skipped file during backup

During a backup on my Win 10 desktop (I still use win 7 backup) auto backup always fails and I must select 'Back up now' to redo.... I continually get the same message in Notepad: “Back up skipped backing up (\\ file name) as it is not on local machine.”....
    I can't find out what/were/why this file is being called for during backup? If I could find it, I would just delete it. Maybe someone could walk me through the steps or I could write a new file and give it the same name? I looked at the answers given by the
    community to others with similar problems but they just left me more confused. At 80 I need more hand holding, sorry.

Stick111, Nov 10, 2020
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Windows 7-style backups on Windows 10

You cannot due Windows 7-style backups in Windows 10. The Control Panel applet is for people who are upgrading from Windows 7 and want to restore a backup they made in Window 7.

Get third-party backup software. It's easy top understand, very convenient and has more features than Windows 7 backup ever had.

BulldogXX, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Win 7 style backup fails for skipped item - Similar Threads - style backup fails

2. Windows 7 Style Backup Freezes Around 12%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Style Backup Freezes Around 12%: I've recently had an issue with the Windows 7 style backup to a network drive running on my Windows 10 laptop. It had been working the past couple of years, but yesterday I noticed it hadn't worked for about 6 weeks - luckily I'd not run into a problem that needed...
  3. Windows 7 Style Backup Freezes Around 12%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 Style Backup Freezes Around 12%: I've recently had an issue with the Windows 7 style backup to a network drive running on my Windows 10 laptop. It had been working the past couple of years, but yesterday I noticed it hadn't worked for about 6 weeks - luckily I'd not run into a problem that needed...
  4. Windows 7 Style Backup Freezes Around 12%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Backup and Restore - Win 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup and Restore - Win 7: I tried using the Win 7 Backup and restore. Below is a screen print of my settings. After a backup and deleting programs etc, I did a restore but my programs were not restored. My data files were restored.Can you suggest what I might have done wrong that the programs were not...
  6. Backup and Restore - Win 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup and Restore - Win 7: I tried using the Win 7 Backup and restore. Below is a screen print of my settings. After a backup and deleting programs etc, I did a restore but my programs were not restored. My data files were restored.Can you suggest what I might have done wrong that the programs were not...
  7. Windows 10 - Windows 7-style Backup, Restore: "there are no backups saved on the current...

Windows 10 - Windows 7-style Backup, Restore: "there are no backups saved on the current...: On Windows 10 2004 I have Windows 7-style Backup configured to run a weekly backup of all of the system drive C: plus a system restore image to another local drive F:\WindowsImageBackup\{$MACHINENAME} In the Windows 10 Windows 7-style Backup applet, in the Restore options...
  8. Win 10 backup failed

Win 10 backup failed: I am unable to backup my hp laptop to a 1Tb usb drive. Am getting the message a shadow copy cant be created error 0x81000019 please check VSS and SPP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-backup-failed/dc105320-3f0b-4f1b-a1af-555c5c8ffd5e
  9. Win 10 Backup (7)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Backup (7): Hi, I'm getting a message that Backup skipped two files. I checked the paths and they are invalid. Since I cannot drill down to these two locations in File Manager, I wonder how Backup is selecting them, that is, where is Backup getting this information to attempt to...
  10. backup fail in win 10

backup fail in win 10: Backup in win 10 fails with error code 0x800706BA, I have attempted the reply posted but no 'properties' is shown when I click computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/backup-fail-in-win-10/d9e6a4d5-0754-4fc0-b7a0-57d9387fac76