Windows 10: Win 7 to Win 10 upgrade continues to fail and many weeks of trying

Discus and support Win 7 to Win 10 upgrade continues to fail and many weeks of trying in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After all suggested fixes and workarounds antivirus, USB peripherals, clean boot, disk space, ScanHealth/RestoreHealth, removing bad manifests, all of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoeGruberman, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Win 7 to Win 10 upgrade continues to fail and many weeks of trying

After all suggested fixes and workarounds antivirus, USB peripherals, clean boot, disk space, ScanHealth/RestoreHealth, removing bad manifests, all of that, over and over, I get the same error message: 0x800704B8-0x3001A The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during BEGIN_FIRST_BOOT operation.

My biggest challenge, perhaps, is that I don't know how to interpret the log files. And apparently, neither do the Microsoft tools I've used that are supposed to do just that. So in the hope that a nice Microsoft expert has time on his or her hands, sees my post, and wants to take a peek at my log, I've provide it here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjUc6e8QX2MOgS7jqFLtsNZ6hKcq

I'm on Windows 7 Pro OS, on a machine that I built myself in 2016 with all new components and an AMD64 processor. Each of my older, smaller, slower machines at home are already on Windows 10, so there's no doubt that my system can handle the upgrade. If I cannot find a solution on this forum, I will have to go through the arduous task of installing as a new system and then reinstalling all of my many dozens of applications. I hope to not have to do that, as I bought Windows 10 directly from Microsoft and would expect that the thumbdrive they sent me would simply do the upgrade I paid for. Call me naive.

Thanks, anyone.

:)

JoeGruberman, Dec 29, 2019
  2. lse123 Win User

is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Dec 29, 2019
  3. is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but
    the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool says all ok and continued ok... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all ok for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?

and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)

is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

Lse123polis, Dec 29, 2019
  4. 1Anointed Win User

Win 7 to Win 10 upgrade continues to fail and many weeks of trying

Win 10 upgrade deactivates Win 7 after fail.

PC with Win 7 Ultimate had been upgraded to Win 10 but reverted to Win 7 Ult. Now trying to restore Win 10 by doing upgrade fails and DEACTIVATES Win 7 Ult?

1Anointed, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

Win 7 to Win 10 upgrade continues to fail and many weeks of trying

1. Win 7 to Win 10 upgrade continues to fail and many weeks of trying - Similar Threads - upgrade continues fail

2. Win 7 to win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 7 to win 10 upgrade: This issue was posted 2 yrs ago and no solution was found then. It still has the same problem today on my Toshiba L775 laptop:Error: 0x8007001F - 0x20006 the installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with error during REPLICATE_OC operation while upgrading to Windows 10 from...
  3. win 7 to win 10 upgrade fails

win 7 to win 10 upgrade fails: I purchased the update from microsoft to upgrade my OS to win 10. After downloading the $139.00 software I trid to load it. It fails every time. I also ran process to clean windows update cache files and t tried again, and it still fails. How can I exchange the...
  4. Upgrade from win 7 to win 10 fails

Upgrade from win 7 to win 10 fails: I have tried upgrading my system from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10. I downloaded the upgrade from this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10 The upgrade gets approximately 90 to 95 percent installed, and errors out. Now every time I get the...
  5. Win 7 upgrade to Win 10

Win 7 upgrade to Win 10: I currently have windows 7 and just found out I was to get a free upgrade to Window 10. How do I acquire it please? * Moved from Insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-upgrade-to-win-10/660e7921-eca1-4cde-be15-203ea0536f50
  6. upgrade Win 7 to Win 10 Fails (5 attempts)

upgrade Win 7 to Win 10 Fails (5 attempts): Hi, I am wanting to upgrade my Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10. However the installation has crashed out 5 times and reverted to my Win 7 first i got the 0xC1900101-0x30018 error during SYSPREP - I seem to have resolved this by bringing all my drivers (including hidden...
  7. Upgrade Win 7 Home Premium to Win 10 fails.

Upgrade Win 7 Home Premium to Win 10 fails.: It is Windows Home Premium 32 bit. The HDD has 285 GB free. I'm trying to upgrade online with the Media Creator. It gets all the way through and installs Win 10, then reboots and starts "Working on Updates" At 7% it reboots and goes back to Win 7. 111708
  8. Win 7 to Win 10 fail

Win 7 to Win 10 fail: I have 3 laptops 2 Win 8.1 to Win 10 worked without a problem 1 was ASUS ROG G751 1 HP But my Oldest ASUS N71JQ running Win 7 got the update last ran through installing it (seemed like it was going fine) did the normal reboots etc while i was away came back to check...
  9. Win 10 upgrade to Build 10586 continually fails

Win 10 upgrade to Build 10586 continually fails: Since I installed Win 10 Build 10240 a few months ago Windows Update has been trying on an almost daily basis to upgrade it to the current Build 10586. While all other updates seem to have installed normally, this one has consistently failed. Yesterday I tried a manual...
  10. Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10

Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10: My Gateway laptop has Win7 Sp1 64bit installed. I've tried 5 different times to upgrade to 10. Using the 64bit creative tool the download goes great, completes and the install starts, then says "failed in first boot phase with an error during SYSPREP operation." Also shows...