Windows 10: win 7 to win 10 upgrade fails

Discus and support win 7 to win 10 upgrade fails in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I purchased the update from microsoft to upgrade my OS to win 10. After downloading the $139.00 software I trid to load it. It fails every time. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by john_v_phipps, Jan 7, 2021.

1. win 7 to win 10 upgrade fails

I purchased the update from microsoft to upgrade my OS to win 10. After downloading the $139.00 software I trid to load it. It fails every time. I also ran process to clean windows update cache files and t tried again, and it still fails. How can I exchange the downloadable update for a disc based one. Will that allow me to wipe the old system and load win 10?

:)

john_v_phipps, Jan 7, 2021
  2. lse123 Win User

is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Jan 7, 2021
  3. is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but
    the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool says all ok and continued ok... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all ok for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?

and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)

is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

Lse123polis, Jan 7, 2021
  4. 1Anointed Win User

win 7 to win 10 upgrade fails

Win 10 upgrade deactivates Win 7 after fail.

PC with Win 7 Ultimate had been upgraded to Win 10 but reverted to Win 7 Ult. Now trying to restore Win 10 by doing upgrade fails and DEACTIVATES Win 7 Ult?

1Anointed, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

win 7 to win 10 upgrade fails

1. win 7 to win 10 upgrade fails - Similar Threads - upgrade fails

2. Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade failed with 0x80070490

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade failed with 0x80070490: Hi,I purchased a brand new Acer laptop with Windows 11 Home edition preinstalled on it. After activating the Windows and installing all the available updates, I purchased a Windows 11 Pro licence through Microsoft Store, but the upgrade failed with Error Code 0x80070490.I...
  3. Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade failed with 0x80070490

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade failed with 0x80070490: Hi,I purchased a brand new Acer laptop with Windows 11 Home edition preinstalled on it. After activating the Windows and installing all the available updates, I purchased a Windows 11 Pro licence through Microsoft Store, but the upgrade failed with Error Code 0x80070490.I...
  4. Upgrade from 11 home to pro failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from 11 home to pro failed: None of the steps that I've followed in the community have worked. Is there a Microsoft licensing I can call to get help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-11-home-to-pro-failed/a18a1f09-9591-4492-81ec-e6ad9df968e5
  5. Upgrade from 11 home to pro failed

Upgrade from 11 home to pro failed: None of the steps that I've followed in the community have worked. Is there a Microsoft licensing I can call to get help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-11-home-to-pro-failed/a18a1f09-9591-4492-81ec-e6ad9df968e5
  6. Upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro failing: I am attempting to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro from Home version through the Microsoft store. I purchased the upgrade and it shows up in my order history but when I click "install" in the Microsoft store, it reaches 9% then fails with an error code: 0x80070490....
  7. Upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro failing

Upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro failing: I am attempting to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro from Home version through the Microsoft store. I purchased the upgrade and it shows up in my order history but when I click "install" in the Microsoft store, it reaches 9% then fails with an error code: 0x80070490....
  8. Upgrading to Windows 11 Pro on Microsoft Store leads to Upgrade failed 0x80070490

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading to Windows 11 Pro on Microsoft Store leads to Upgrade failed 0x80070490: I recently bought windows 11 Pro on the Microsoft Store and kept running to this error code every time I tried to install it. I've been self-troubleshooting for a while but I can't seem to fix it, here's a list of what I've tried:- windows update troubleshooter- reinstalling...
  9. Upgrading to Windows 11 Pro on Microsoft Store leads to Upgrade failed 0x80070490

Upgrading to Windows 11 Pro on Microsoft Store leads to Upgrade failed 0x80070490: I recently bought windows 11 Pro on the Microsoft Store and kept running to this error code every time I tried to install it. I've been self-troubleshooting for a while but I can't seem to fix it, here's a list of what I've tried:- windows update troubleshooter- reinstalling...
  10. Windows 11 upgrade from 2H22 to 2H23 keeps undoing changes and failed

Windows 11 upgrade from 2H22 to 2H23 keeps undoing changes and failed: Hi dear friends, can anyone help me solve the issue? Thanks so much.It keeps failing the upgrade and saying somethings wrong and undoing changes of the upgrade.here attached my CBS and logs. https://1drv.ms/f/s!Arwox9kGKWhLhKktQKiKS5HD_xNJIg?e=J7N9i0...