Windows 10: Win 7 to Win 10 upgrade utility

Discus and support Win 7 to Win 10 upgrade utility in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; trying to help little old lady with Win 7. Is there still a utility available to check if her hardware is compliant? specifically, unsure about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobCargell2, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Win 7 to Win 10 upgrade utility

trying to help little old lady with Win 7. Is there still a utility available to check if her hardware is compliant? specifically, unsure about graphics card.

:)

RobCargell2, Nov 6, 2019
  2. n2bn2b Win User

Recommend hardware changes for upgrading from Win-7 to Win-10

Bree
    I followed your suggestions (2nd Aug 19) for installing Win-10. Made the bootable flash drive successfully through the media creation tool. But when I attempted to upgrade and activate to Win-10 (64 bit) from within Win-7 (Pro-32 bit), I got the following error message:

Error # OxC1900101-Ox20017. " The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation"

I read the diagnostics under this error number and carried out the proposed fixes, i.e. update Win-7, uninstall Malwarebyte antivirus, disconnect all external hardware, e.g. printer, scanner, external hard drives. I then tried to repeat the steps to do the upgrade through the Win-10 bootable flash drive as before. Got the same error message.
    Appreciate any further comments and suggestions as to (a) what does a failure in the SAFE_OS during boot operation mean, (b) what can I do to solve it. Is this anything to do with the hardware in my computer? I listed these in my first posting above.
    Thanks for any help

n2bn2b, Nov 6, 2019
  3. adoornik Win User
    Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Jererermy Win User

Win 7 to Win 10 upgrade utility

Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 Puzzle

Ok, so here is my problem.

I currently have my 1.5 TB hdd partitioned in half. The first half is blank, and the second half has Windows 7 installed and activated. Unfortunately, I learned that I cannot combine the 2 partitions back together to diminish the partition split and maximize
    my hdd space like intended because I am only able to increase the first partition or shrink the 2nd.

So my problem is that I would like to upgrade from my Windows 7 to Windows 10 (which I am fairly confident in how to do it) but I need to use the free upgrade available to me to install Windows 10 to the 1st partition and not the 2nd one.

I created a USB bootable Windows 10 using the Windows 10 setup tool, but it gives me the following warning:

• If you are going to install Win 10 on your PC clean for the first time, you'll need a Win 10 product key.
    • If you are going to upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10, you won't need to enter a product key.
    The problem is that I need to sort of do both. I want to upgrade my Windows 7 to Windows 10 but on the 1st partition instead of the 2nd one that currently has Windows 7.

Does anyone have any helpful suggestions for me?!

Jererermy, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

Win 7 to Win 10 upgrade utility

1. Win 7 to Win 10 upgrade utility - Similar Threads - upgrade utility

2. Uefi bios utility settings for upgrade to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uefi bios utility settings for upgrade to windows 11: I have got myself in the uefi bios utility and trying to up grade to windows 11. Now I have lost internet and function of windows 10. Im in Bios utility now....
  3. Uefi bios utility settings for upgrade to windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uefi bios utility settings for upgrade to windows 11: I have got myself in the uefi bios utility and trying to up grade to windows 11. Now I have lost internet and function of windows 10. Im in Bios utility now....
  4. Uefi bios utility settings for upgrade to windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. i have a micro ca cert and i want to utilize it for an upgrade to windows 11 pro or server...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have a micro ca cert and i want to utilize it for an upgrade to windows 11 pro or server...: I have a micro ca cert and i want to utilize it for an upgrade to windows 11 pro or server 2022 upgrade datacenter can I achieve this without extra cost....
  6. i have a micro ca cert and i want to utilize it for an upgrade to windows 11 pro or server...

i have a micro ca cert and i want to utilize it for an upgrade to windows 11 pro or server...: I have a micro ca cert and i want to utilize it for an upgrade to windows 11 pro or server 2022 upgrade datacenter can I achieve this without extra cost....
  7. CPU utilization capped at 15% after upgrading windows 10 to 11 22H2 causing significant...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU utilization capped at 15% after upgrading windows 10 to 11 22H2 causing significant...: I recently upgraded my Lap from windows 10 to 11 22H2, now my CPU utilization is capped at 15% even under heavy work load causing significant performance drop, what might be the problem?My Laptop is IdeaPad 5 pro with Ryzen 5800H processor....
  8. CPU utilization capped at 15% after upgrading windows 10 to 11 22H2 causing significant...

CPU utilization capped at 15% after upgrading windows 10 to 11 22H2 causing significant...: I recently upgraded my Lap from windows 10 to 11 22H2, now my CPU utilization is capped at 15% even under heavy work load causing significant performance drop, what might be the problem?My Laptop is IdeaPad 5 pro with Ryzen 5800H processor....
  9. Upgrading my SSD drive Using EaseUs 11 Free Cloning Utility ???....

Upgrading my SSD drive Using EaseUs 11 Free Cloning Utility ???....: Hi Everyone, I'm about ready to install a Bigger SSD M.2 drive in my year old Alienware 17 R-4 Laptop with a Toshiba NVMe 256G PCIe SSD M.2 fast drive already installed from the factory. I read online that the "Migration software" that Samsung 970EVO 500G SSD m.2...
  10. utility apps not working after upgrade from windows 7 (no error)

utility apps not working after upgrade from windows 7 (no error): I have some utility apps, that were developed in windows 7 environment. Some do not work in windows 10 environment. there are no error message, installs fine, but nothing happens when running the app. These apps were made using visual studio, and some are using office...