Windows 10: win 7 to win 10 upgrade

Discus and support win 7 to win 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; attempting 7 to 10 upgrade with sony tv hdmi interface. Mode not supported and safe mode boot not possible. Do I need to get a vga or dvi cable??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PaulO'Donovan1, Jan 15, 2020.

1. win 7 to win 10 upgrade

attempting 7 to 10 upgrade with sony tv hdmi interface. Mode not supported and safe mode boot not possible. Do I need to get a vga or dvi cable?? Crazy!

:)

PaulO'Donovan1, Jan 15, 2020
  2. lse123 Win User

is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Jan 15, 2020
  3. is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but
    the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool says all ok and continued ok... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all ok for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?

and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)

is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

Lse123polis, Jan 15, 2020
  4. n2bn2b Win User

win 7 to win 10 upgrade

Recommend hardware changes for upgrading from Win-7 to Win-10

Bree
    I followed your suggestions (2nd Aug 19) for installing Win-10. Made the bootable flash drive successfully through the media creation tool. But when I attempted to upgrade and activate to Win-10 (64 bit) from within Win-7 (Pro-32 bit), I got the following error message:

Error # OxC1900101-Ox20017. " The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation"

I read the diagnostics under this error number and carried out the proposed fixes, i.e. update Win-7, uninstall Malwarebyte antivirus, disconnect all external hardware, e.g. printer, scanner, external hard drives. I then tried to repeat the steps to do the upgrade through the Win-10 bootable flash drive as before. Got the same error message.
    Appreciate any further comments and suggestions as to (a) what does a failure in the SAFE_OS during boot operation mean, (b) what can I do to solve it. Is this anything to do with the hardware in my computer? I listed these in my first posting above.
    Thanks for any help

n2bn2b, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

win 7 to win 10 upgrade

1. win 7 to win 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - upgrade

2. What happens to my Windows 11 Home License if I upgrade it to a Windows 11 Pro.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happens to my Windows 11 Home License if I upgrade it to a Windows 11 Pro.: I am setting up a new desktop and on my current desktop I already have a Windows 11 Home license installed and running.I want to upgrade my existing desktop to Windows 11 Pro and relocate the Windows 11 Home license onto the new desktop that is being built.A few questions...
  3. What happens to my Windows 11 Home License if I upgrade it to a Windows 11 Pro.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happens to my Windows 11 Home License if I upgrade it to a Windows 11 Pro.: I am setting up a new desktop and on my current desktop I already have a Windows 11 Home license installed and running.I want to upgrade my existing desktop to Windows 11 Pro and relocate the Windows 11 Home license onto the new desktop that is being built.A few questions...
  4. Does my Windows 10 laptop's CPU support upgrading to 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does my Windows 10 laptop's CPU support upgrading to 11?: Not sure if this is the best place to post this but I am not too savvy with CPU stuff. All I know is that a requirement to download 11 is SSE4.2, which I have but I am still worried I am missing something...
  5. Does my Windows 10 laptop's CPU support upgrading to 11?

Does my Windows 10 laptop's CPU support upgrading to 11?: Not sure if this is the best place to post this but I am not too savvy with CPU stuff. All I know is that a requirement to download 11 is SSE4.2, which I have but I am still worried I am missing something...
  6. Does my Windows 10 laptop's CPU support upgrading to 11?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. System shows Windows 11 Pro, but on version 21H2, cant upgrade to 22H2 or 23H2, tried lots,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System shows Windows 11 Pro, but on version 21H2, cant upgrade to 22H2 or 23H2, tried lots,...: Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎29/‎01/‎2024 OS build 22000.2538 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22001.1000.0...
  8. System shows Windows 11 Pro, but on version 21H2, cant upgrade to 22H2 or 23H2, tried lots,...

System shows Windows 11 Pro, but on version 21H2, cant upgrade to 22H2 or 23H2, tried lots,...: Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎29/‎01/‎2024 OS build 22000.2538 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22001.1000.0...
  9. I upgraded my windows from 10 to 11 through bigFix and now I am not connecting to my domain...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I upgraded my windows from 10 to 11 through bigFix and now I am not connecting to my domain...: I upgraded my windows from 10 to 11 through bigFix and now I am not connecting to my domain group network Wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-upgraded-my-windows-from-10-to-11-through-bigfix/21a05142-7acd-41bc-a1c6-fc5eb9198d96
  10. I upgraded my windows from 10 to 11 through bigFix and now I am not connecting to my domain...

I upgraded my windows from 10 to 11 through bigFix and now I am not connecting to my domain...: I upgraded my windows from 10 to 11 through bigFix and now I am not connecting to my domain group network Wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-upgraded-my-windows-from-10-to-11-through-bigfix/21a05142-7acd-41bc-a1c6-fc5eb9198d96

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 7 upgrade to windows 10

2. KB4535547