Windows 10: Win 7 to Win 10 USB Issue

Discus and support Win 7 to Win 10 USB Issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I currently run Win 7. I just purchased Win 10. I plugged in the USB drive to begin the setup per the instructions however no new device was visable to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JustinWright8, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Win 7 to Win 10 USB Issue

I currently run Win 7. I just purchased Win 10. I plugged in the USB drive to begin the setup per the instructions however no new device was visable to open. I checked device manager and it shows as an unknown device and I can't seem to locate a driver to make the USB drive visible. What do I need to do?

:)

JustinWright8, Oct 9, 2020
  2. adoornik Win User

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, Oct 9, 2020
  3. lse123 Win User
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Oct 9, 2020
  4. Win 7 to Win 10 USB Issue

is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but
    the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool says all ok and continued ok... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all ok for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?

and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)

is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

Lse123polis, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

Win 7 to Win 10 USB Issue

1. Win 7 to Win 10 USB Issue - Similar Threads - USB Issue

2. Windows 11 usb boot issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 usb boot issue: I'm trying to install windows 11 to replace Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS on my pc. Purchased the usb from microsoft and booted into the bios F2 but the windows usb doesn't appear as an option. Tried disengaging secure boot etc, but whatever config I try in the bios / boot manager - no...
  3. Windows 11 usb boot issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 usb boot issue: I'm trying to install windows 11 to replace Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS on my pc. Purchased the usb from microsoft and booted into the bios F2 but the windows usb doesn't appear as an option. Tried disengaging secure boot etc, but whatever config I try in the bios / boot manager - no...
  4. Subject: Issue with USB-C Devices Not Connecting After Recent Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Subject: Issue with USB-C Devices Not Connecting After Recent Windows Update: After updating Windows, I've noticed that certain USB-C devices no longer connect to my system. While these devices are recognized and appear in the Bluetooth and devices menu in Settings, they are conspicuously absent from my Device Manager. This issue has persisted despite...
  5. Subject: Issue with USB-C Devices Not Connecting After Recent Windows Update

Subject: Issue with USB-C Devices Not Connecting After Recent Windows Update: After updating Windows, I've noticed that certain USB-C devices no longer connect to my system. While these devices are recognized and appear in the Bluetooth and devices menu in Settings, they are conspicuously absent from my Device Manager. This issue has persisted despite...
  6. powerwave 4 port usb issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    powerwave 4 port usb issue: I just purchased the powerwave 4 port usb as my current laptop has only one USB port. It has been working just fine, absolutely no issue. I used it last night as I did some homework. But it has suddenly stopped working. It’s not being detected or it is but the keyboard and...
  7. powerwave 4 port usb issue

powerwave 4 port usb issue: I just purchased the powerwave 4 port usb as my current laptop has only one USB port. It has been working just fine, absolutely no issue. I used it last night as I did some homework. But it has suddenly stopped working. It’s not being detected or it is but the keyboard and...
  8. Issue with monitor vis usb-c after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with monitor vis usb-c after windows update: Hi,I no longer receive signal in the monitor via usb-c after I've just updated windows with 2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5035853. Can you please help?...
  9. Issue with monitor vis usb-c after windows update

Issue with monitor vis usb-c after windows update: Hi,I no longer receive signal in the monitor via usb-c after I've just updated windows with 2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5035853. Can you please help?...
  10. Issue connecting an Icy Box USB external box.

Issue connecting an Icy Box USB external box.: Hi,I'm trying to use an Icy Box USB external box to be able to access old IDE drives.Win10 doesn't seem to recognise the USB device which I think is unusual as it sees other external USB devices.It's not the cable as I've tried several. Any thoughts ?Graham....