Windows 10: WIN 7 Upgrade

Discus and support WIN 7 Upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; GREETINGS MICROSOFT I own a WIN 7 Home Edition license. WIN 7 resides on my outdated 2012 built system. HOW do I upgrade to WIN 10 on my brand newly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by seadot, Nov 9, 2019.

1. seadot Win User

WIN 7 Upgrade

GREETINGS MICROSOFT

• I own a WIN 7 Home Edition license. WIN 7 resides on my outdated 2012 built system. HOW do I upgrade to WIN 10 on my brand newly built system?
    • I subscribe to OFFICE 365. How do I install that on my new system?

All of this is oh so OVERWHELMING!!!!

Thanks for the support. A 30 yr. consumer of Microsoft products. Looking back it has been quite a

journey. My Office 365 subscription is the best product by far. Please thank the folks who designed it and

constantly improve it.

Regards,

Christopher, Living The Life In The Great Lakes Region.

:)

seadot, Nov 9, 2019
  2. n2bn2b Win User

Recommend hardware changes for upgrading from Win-7 to Win-10

Bree
    I followed your suggestions (2nd Aug 19) for installing Win-10. Made the bootable flash drive successfully through the media creation tool. But when I attempted to upgrade and activate to Win-10 (64 bit) from within Win-7 (Pro-32 bit), I got the following error message:

Error # OxC1900101-Ox20017. " The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation"

I read the diagnostics under this error number and carried out the proposed fixes, i.e. update Win-7, uninstall Malwarebyte antivirus, disconnect all external hardware, e.g. printer, scanner, external hard drives. I then tried to repeat the steps to do the upgrade through the Win-10 bootable flash drive as before. Got the same error message.
    Appreciate any further comments and suggestions as to (a) what does a failure in the SAFE_OS during boot operation mean, (b) what can I do to solve it. Is this anything to do with the hardware in my computer? I listed these in my first posting above.
    Thanks for any help

n2bn2b, Nov 9, 2019
  3. adoornik Win User
    Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, Nov 9, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

WIN 7 Upgrade

Win 7 to Ultimate - upgrade still possible to Win10 ?

Upgrade to Windows 10 | Tutorials

- best read carefully...

and you will find

dalchina, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

WIN 7 Upgrade

1. WIN 7 Upgrade - Similar Threads - Upgrade

2. upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 using WinPro 10 OEI DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 using WinPro 10 OEI DVD: I have windows 7. I purchased Windows 10 Pro v 1809. How do I use this DVD to upgrade my windows 7 computer. I have seen the article on OEM DVD but this one says OEI?...
  3. upgrade to windows 10 64bit

upgrade to windows 10 64bit: I am trying to upgrade to Windows 10 64 bit but i am have grear dificulties https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-to-windows-10-64bit/4202df5e-7fdc-4593-91d6-e894685cf14d
  4. Windows not activated - upgrade from Windows Hometo Windows Enterprise -

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows not activated - upgrade from Windows Hometo Windows Enterprise -: good day, I was wanting to change from Window Home to Window Enterprise. After purchasing Enterprise in the store, I downloaded and installed. The error message is now: We can't activate Windows on this device as the previous version of Windows was not activated prior to...
  5. Windows 7 upgrade to windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 7 upgrade to windows 10: After windows 7 upgrade to windows 10 my computer freezes at login screen.. Nothing happens.. I cannot do anything as my keyboard or mouse does not work.. How can i revers the upgrade or fix the problem?...
  6. Questions about upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Questions about upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10: Well, Windows 7 is now at "End of Life" and I'm fighting with myself about upgrading. I mostly have some questions. 1. Will my computer, a HP Compaq 6000 Pro Microtower be able to handle an upgrade to Windows 10. From what I'm hearing it should accept my product key from...
  7. Version 1803 upgrade to 1909 when low on free space

Version 1803 upgrade to 1909 when low on free space: Drive C is too small only 3.35 GB free Can I move windows file (complete) to a different drive so Upgrade has room to install - I doubt it . I cannot make 8 gb available on C . What options are best - new install ? 148821
  8. Upgrading to a solid-state drive in my laptop

Upgrading to a solid-state drive in my laptop: What do I need to do in advance to re-install Window 10 says digitally activated and linked to my Microsoft account? What do I need to do in advance to reinstall Office Pro Plus 2016? Thanks Dan...
  9. Windows 10 update assistant Windows10 upgrader app.exe

Windows 10 update assistant Windows10 upgrader app.exe: Windows10 app upgrader.exe is using a lot of WiFi data. How to pause/stop it? Will it be a problem if I just uninstall it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-assistant-windows10-upgrader/f45d26e8-9650-4623-8fa9-605fb6cdc348
  10. Windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows upgrade: A family friend had a very very old pc, with windows xp 2000 professional. I am in the process of reinstalling a clean version on windows 8.1 32 bit. Will they have to rebuy a license for windows 8.1? Also. My mom has an older computer about 5 years old with Windows 7. If I...