Windows 10: WIN 7 Upgrade

Discus and support WIN 7 Upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; GREETINGS MICROSOFT I own a WIN 7 Home Edition license. WIN 7 resides on my outdated 2012 built system. HOW do I upgrade to WIN 10 on my brand newly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by seadot, Nov 9, 2019 at 4:27 AM.

1. seadot Win User

WIN 7 Upgrade

GREETINGS MICROSOFT

• I own a WIN 7 Home Edition license. WIN 7 resides on my outdated 2012 built system. HOW do I upgrade to WIN 10 on my brand newly built system?
    • I subscribe to OFFICE 365. How do I install that on my new system?

All of this is oh so OVERWHELMING!!!!

Thanks for the support. A 30 yr. consumer of Microsoft products. Looking back it has been quite a

journey. My Office 365 subscription is the best product by far. Please thank the folks who designed it and

constantly improve it.

Regards,

Christopher, Living The Life In The Great Lakes Region.

:)

2. n2bn2b Win User

Recommend hardware changes for upgrading from Win-7 to Win-10

Bree
    I followed your suggestions (2nd Aug 19) for installing Win-10. Made the bootable flash drive successfully through the media creation tool. But when I attempted to upgrade and activate to Win-10 (64 bit) from within Win-7 (Pro-32 bit), I got the following error message:

Error # OxC1900101-Ox20017. " The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation"

I read the diagnostics under this error number and carried out the proposed fixes, i.e. update Win-7, uninstall Malwarebyte antivirus, disconnect all external hardware, e.g. printer, scanner, external hard drives. I then tried to repeat the steps to do the upgrade through the Win-10 bootable flash drive as before. Got the same error message.
    Appreciate any further comments and suggestions as to (a) what does a failure in the SAFE_OS during boot operation mean, (b) what can I do to solve it. Is this anything to do with the hardware in my computer? I listed these in my first posting above.
    Thanks for any help

3. adoornik Win User
    Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

4. dalchina Win User

WIN 7 Upgrade

Win 7 to Ultimate - upgrade still possible to Win10 ?

Upgrade to Windows 10 | Tutorials

- best read carefully...

and you will find

Thema:

WIN 7 Upgrade

1. WIN 7 Upgrade - Similar Threads - Upgrade

2. Wishing to upgrade from 1809 to 1903

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wishing to upgrade from 1809 to 1903: So as in title I'm on windows 1809 right now and wish to use the xbox game pass feature this means updating my windows to 1903. However, when i go to settings -> check for updates, it says my system is up to date (which is wrong). Have restarted multiple times and used the...
  3. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Win 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Win 7: I custom build my own machine. Current machine is a Window 7 Pro with an OEM version. Plan to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro shortly. ------------ Questions ------------ 1) My understanding is I can install the Full Retail version and this will keep me from having to...
  4. Text is very tiny after upgrading to window 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text is very tiny after upgrading to window 10: Good Day After upgrading to Windows 10 (build 1903), I noticed that the text become very small as appears in the image below. I tried different options in display setting, but nothing was good enough, I searched the web and found a tool "Advanced System Font Changer". It...
  5. Can I upgrade multiple computers with the Windows 10 USB I have from the store?

Can I upgrade multiple computers with the Windows 10 USB I have from the store?: Hello!, I built a computer and bought the windows 10 boot USB to install on the hard drive. My company has some slow internet. Mainly just used for emails. So downloading the program would take a while. Can I use the USB that came with my Windows 10 to upgrade from windows 7...
  6. Unable to upgrade windows 10 1803/1809 to 1903 0x800711C7 Error

Unable to upgrade windows 10 1803/1809 to 1903 0x800711C7 Error: Hi guys, I can't upgrade windows 10 enterprise 1803/1809 to 1903. Feel like I've tried everything here. Tried Windows Update. Doesn't work. [Fails to update during the reboot bit, and simply undoes changes] Tried Windows Update/Upgrade Assistant. [Gets to about 23% during...
  7. Upgraded from Windows 7 to 10, and now .mp4 files don't work.

Upgraded from Windows 7 to 10, and now .mp4 files don't work.: As the title says I upgraded from 7 to 10 recently, and now programs seemingly are unable to access mp4 files. Firefox and Edge won't play them, and certain video elements in a few different games just show up as black because these files are unable to be accessed. Windows...
  8. Windows 10 Recent Upgrade - want the old File Explorer back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Recent Upgrade - want the old File Explorer back: After recent upgrade of Windows 10 my File Explorer no longer shows every File and subfiles in one list on one screen. This new explorer makes you have to click CUT and then go all the way back to This PC to find the folder I need to paste the file. Is there a way to get...
  9. Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10 using OEM version. Possible?

Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10 using OEM version. Possible?: I have four computers running Windows 7 that have to be upgraded to Windows 10. I have purchased the Win 10 System Builder OEM packages and downloaded version 1903 from MS. My question is am I able to upgrade to Win 10 from Win 7 with this version and keep all of my apps...
  10. windows 10 upgrade license transfer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 upgrade license transfer: I have a computer that I upgrade to windows 10 about 6 months ago. It has since died. I would like to transfer the license to another computer that has windows 7 on it. How do I transfer the license to the new computer?...