Windows 10: WIN 7 Upgrade

Discus and support WIN 7 Upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; GREETINGS MICROSOFT I own a WIN 7 Home Edition license. WIN 7 resides on my outdated 2012 built system. HOW do I upgrade to WIN 10 on my brand newly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by seadot, Nov 9, 2019.

1. seadot Win User

WIN 7 Upgrade

GREETINGS MICROSOFT

• I own a WIN 7 Home Edition license. WIN 7 resides on my outdated 2012 built system. HOW do I upgrade to WIN 10 on my brand newly built system?
    • I subscribe to OFFICE 365. How do I install that on my new system?

All of this is oh so OVERWHELMING!!!!

Thanks for the support. A 30 yr. consumer of Microsoft products. Looking back it has been quite a

journey. My Office 365 subscription is the best product by far. Please thank the folks who designed it and

constantly improve it.

Regards,

Christopher, Living The Life In The Great Lakes Region.

:)

seadot, Nov 9, 2019
  2. n2bn2b Win User

Recommend hardware changes for upgrading from Win-7 to Win-10

Bree
    I followed your suggestions (2nd Aug 19) for installing Win-10. Made the bootable flash drive successfully through the media creation tool. But when I attempted to upgrade and activate to Win-10 (64 bit) from within Win-7 (Pro-32 bit), I got the following error message:

Error # OxC1900101-Ox20017. " The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation"

I read the diagnostics under this error number and carried out the proposed fixes, i.e. update Win-7, uninstall Malwarebyte antivirus, disconnect all external hardware, e.g. printer, scanner, external hard drives. I then tried to repeat the steps to do the upgrade through the Win-10 bootable flash drive as before. Got the same error message.
    Appreciate any further comments and suggestions as to (a) what does a failure in the SAFE_OS during boot operation mean, (b) what can I do to solve it. Is this anything to do with the hardware in my computer? I listed these in my first posting above.
    Thanks for any help

n2bn2b, Nov 9, 2019
  3. adoornik Win User
    Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, Nov 9, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

WIN 7 Upgrade

Win 7 to Ultimate - upgrade still possible to Win10 ?

Upgrade to Windows 10 | Tutorials

- best read carefully...

and you will find

dalchina, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

WIN 7 Upgrade

1. WIN 7 Upgrade - Similar Threads - Upgrade

2. My recent upgrade with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My recent upgrade with Windows 10: Dear Community team I do hope you can help me with a serious problem. Microsoft asked me to do an upgrade recently. While this was being carried out I was asked by Microsoft Do you wish to restore your programmes and other settings. I replied yes! I sat in front of my...
  3. Upgrade from Windows 10 1809 to 1909 repeatedly fails due to Error 0xC1900101 – 0x20017

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Windows 10 1809 to 1909 repeatedly fails due to Error 0xC1900101 – 0x20017: My wife's desktop Windows 10 computer repeatedly fails to upgrade to version 1909 due to error 0xC1900101 – 0x20017. I have followed every instruction I have been able to find. The one thing I notice is that I am also unable to complete sfc /scannow. It reaches 70% and then...
  4. upgraded to windows 10 pro

upgraded to windows 10 pro: I just purchased windows 10 pro and attempted to install it on my computer but it gives me an error message 0xx803F7001 that i need a digital license to activate it. I can't find the order anywhere in Microsoft and the receipt I have does not show any sort of licence key...
  5. 1909 Upgrade, from which Admin Account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1909 Upgrade, from which Admin Account?: I just created a new Admin Account in addition to the Original Admin Account. I'm on 1809, 1909 is ready to come in, which account should I do it from, does it matter? Thanks FM 144790
  6. OUTLOOK Upgrade

OUTLOOK Upgrade: Outllook upgrade in progress frozen since 11/12/19... haven't received any emails since 11/12/19, how do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-upgrade/390d7c2a-53c4-4201-83be-c4024c210b92
  7. Win 7 Virtualization before Win 10 upgrade

Win 7 Virtualization before Win 10 upgrade: I have a weird situation. We are accountants whose database is MS Access 2003 that runs under Win 7. To secure my clients' data we are upgrading to Win 10 for security's sake. There is a possibility that Access 2003 won't work in Win 10 even in compatibility mode (if that's...
  8. my computer is locked up while upgrading in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my computer is locked up while upgrading in Windows 10: .I cant turn it off , the task bars dont show and the desktop just shows upgrading but stuck at 91%. I cant get it off or restart it. Please help...
  9. Upgraded to 1903 but it still 1809

Upgraded to 1903 but it still 1809: Upgraded to version 1903 on my Acer laptop (which came with Windows 10 Home 1809). After everything completed and rebooted, I checked the version in Settings and it still shows version 1809, but the Updates display offers the next release 1909. I used another utility to check...
  10. Upgrade Windows 10 Evaluation para Enterprise

Upgrade Windows 10 Evaluation para Enterprise: Olá time! Minha empresa trabalha com 150 computadores, todos esses computadores estão trabalhando com o Windows 10 Evolution, onde alguns computadores estão trabalhando em inglês e outros em português Posso atualizar todos os computadores em inglês do Windows 10 Evolution...