Windows 10: Win 7 upgraded to 10 questions

Discus and support Win 7 upgraded to 10 questions in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I purchased a desktop that had Win 7 with the discs and COA on unit. Has former owners name come up with password to log in and was going to use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by groovyfingers, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Win 7 upgraded to 10 questions

I purchased a desktop that had Win 7 with the discs and COA on unit. Has former owners name come up with password to log in and was going to use the built-in Factory Image Restore partition to remove him and personalize the desktop for me. Would not work with directions given after multiple attempts at restarting and pressing F8. So moved on to manual install of Win 7. In doing this the Advanced Boot Option with Repair Your Computer showed up. But not quite like the description given on support page. I finally realized Win 7 was gone, this was the Advanced boot option for Win 10. I read one of the choices, 'Cancel and Return to Windows 10' or something like that. So I would like to reinstall Win 10. I can log in, the previous owner graciously gave me his password and I can see under activation that 'Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account'. I have no concept of this, and wonder did Microsoft email him a Product Key? Does he have an email with this information in his Microsoft account history? Since I bought this Win 7 upgraded to Win 10, what can I do to reinstall Win 10? I have no Product Key, I spent hours yesterday searching the web and computer for it. Then I found that Activation statement. Somewhere I read in all my searching that if it is a digital license it would not be found my computer. Can someone with more knowledge than me, that might have been in this situation give me some direction? Thanks.

:)

groovyfingers, Mar 7, 2019
  2. adoornik Win User

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, Mar 7, 2019
  3. BRycka121 Win User
    win 7 to win 10 upgrade question

Hey,

I would like to ask You one question related to windows upgrade (from win 7 to win 10).

Lets say that i have a program which has it's own license. That license is tied up to my current windows 7.

(P.S. In the case of windows reinstall i need new license for that program).

So my question is what will happen with this license after windows upgrade?

Will i need a new license? Or the current license will continue?

Thank you in advance.

BRycka121, Mar 7, 2019
  4. Win 7 upgraded to 10 questions

Problem upgrading win 7 to win 10

Hi Herbert,

Answer these questions which will assist you to fix the issue.

• Was the computer upgraded to Windows 10?
    • Are you able to boot to Windows 10?
    • Did you try booting to Safe Mode with Networking if Windows was not upgraded completely?
    We suggest you to perform a repair on the computer using Windows 7 disc if Windows 10 was not installed.

System recovery options for Windows 7

Let us know more about the issue to assist you better.

Ravinath P, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

Win 7 upgraded to 10 questions

1. Win 7 upgraded to 10 questions - Similar Threads - upgraded questions

2. A Question About Upgrading From Windows 10 to 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A Question About Upgrading From Windows 10 to 11: I don't plan to upgrade right now but I now inevitably I'll have to, and I have a specific question that's been on my mind in regards to the shift. I'm on Windows 10 Pro so I assume the upgrade will automatically bring me to Windows 11 Pro, and not HomeI read somewhere, and...
  3. A Question About Upgrading From Windows 10 to 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A Question About Upgrading From Windows 10 to 11: I don't plan to upgrade right now but I now inevitably I'll have to, and I have a specific question that's been on my mind in regards to the shift. I'm on Windows 10 Pro so I assume the upgrade will automatically bring me to Windows 11 Pro, and not HomeI read somewhere, and...
  4. Question on Upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question on Upgrade to Windows 11: I have a PC running Windows 10 Home and I am interested in upgrading to Windows 11. Windows 10 was installed for free by Microsoft as an upgrade to the existing Windows 7 on this PC. I have only the Windows 7 product key. The issue is that the PC is non-compliant for Windows...
  5. Question on Upgrade to Windows 11

Question on Upgrade to Windows 11: I have a PC running Windows 10 Home and I am interested in upgrading to Windows 11. Windows 10 was installed for free by Microsoft as an upgrade to the existing Windows 7 on this PC. I have only the Windows 7 product key. The issue is that the PC is non-compliant for Windows...
  6. Warranty question regarding upgrading windows from home to professional.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Warranty question regarding upgrading windows from home to professional.: Hi,If i want to buy a product key from bitcodes.co that allows me to go from windows home to windows pro, will the warranty be voided?https://bitcodes.co/product/windows-11-pro-retail-key/...
  7. Warranty question regarding upgrading windows from home to professional.

Warranty question regarding upgrading windows from home to professional.: Hi,If i want to buy a product key from bitcodes.co that allows me to go from windows home to windows pro, will the warranty be voided?https://bitcodes.co/product/windows-11-pro-retail-key/...
  8. Windows 10 / 11 Licensing question for upgrading my PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 / 11 Licensing question for upgrading my PC: I have an aging Acer PC that will need replacing over the coming year or so due to not being able to take Windows 11 no TPM at all and unsupported processor error from the Health Check app. When it was new, it came with an OEM installation of Windows Vista.When Windows 8 or...
  9. Windows 10 / 11 Licensing question for upgrading my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 / 11 Licensing question for upgrading my PC: I have an aging Acer PC that will need replacing over the coming year or so due to not being able to take Windows 11 no TPM at all and unsupported processor error from the Health Check app. When it was new, it came with an OEM installation of Windows Vista.When Windows 8 or...
  10. Windows 10 / 11 Licensing question for upgrading my PC