Windows 10: Win 7 virtual machine with XP Mode on Win 10 or an XP virtual machine

Discus and support Win 7 virtual machine with XP Mode on Win 10 or an XP virtual machine in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I'm up to 3 attempts at installing an XP machine on Hyper V (Windows 10 Pro), and though I can get the machine to run, I cannot find the browser I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Tipiford, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Tipiford Win User

Win 7 virtual machine with XP Mode on Win 10 or an XP virtual machine

I'm up to 3 attempts at installing an XP machine on Hyper V (Windows 10 Pro), and though I can get the machine to run, I cannot find the browser I installed. Using the Hyper V tutorial, I followed carefully the points of unblocking both WindowsXPMode_en-us.exe and Opera's browser version 15.0.1147.130. I mounted VirtualXPVHD.vhd and installed the Opera set up file in Documents & Settings\All Users, but running the VM, the browser is not found in stated folder. Any thoughts?

Windows 10 Pro version 2004, build 19041.572; 32 GB RAM

:)

Tipiford, Dec 8, 2020
  2. RNH98027 Win User

Windows XP Virtual Machine missing after conversion to Win 10 from Win 7

I upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 10 two weeks ago. I just went to launch the Win XP virtual machine that I used to handle a couple of legacy applications, and i now see that I can't find it on Windows 10. I see that the virtual machine host has changed
    on Windows 10. Where are there instructions to port my Win XP VM to run on Win 10?

RNH98027, Dec 8, 2020
  3. Will virtual XP mode work in Windows 10 Pro

Has anyone running 7 Ultimate with Virtual Machine XP Mode upgraded to 10 Pro yet. Will the virtual XP Mode still work? Do the XP programs for the XP mode still run right? I found that some of my Win 7 programs will not run in the Win 10 OS . . .

Original title: Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro

RobValiant, Dec 8, 2020
  4. Win 7 virtual machine with XP Mode on Win 10 or an XP virtual machine

Win7 AND XP Mode recover from Win 10 upgrade

I recently upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7 professional W/XP mode virtual machine. Too late, I discovered that Win 10 does not support the XP mode. I know I can "recover" Win 7 (it has been less than 30 days), but will I get my XP virtual machine back along
    with the applications that were on the virtual machine?

fredfillmore, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

Win 7 virtual machine with XP Mode on Win 10 or an XP virtual machine

1. Win 7 virtual machine with XP Mode on Win 10 or an XP virtual machine - Similar Threads - virtual machine Mode

2. Drivers for a XP virtual machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers for a XP virtual machine: I created a Windows XP virtual machine using the Hyper-V Manager on my Windows 11 Pro, activated it and installed the basic software codecs and some other utilities.However, I don't have any sound, can't connect to the internet I already set up a legacy adapter and can't...
  3. Drivers for a XP virtual machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drivers for a XP virtual machine: I created a Windows XP virtual machine using the Hyper-V Manager on my Windows 11 Pro, activated it and installed the basic software codecs and some other utilities.However, I don't have any sound, can't connect to the internet I already set up a legacy adapter and can't...
  4. does win 10 works on virtual machines?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    does win 10 works on virtual machines?: I bought a refurbished laptop that came with Win 10 Pro installed. The point is windows do not allow another SO close to him, making it disappear even from Bios and seems there is no way to circumvent it from repeating this behavior every time a Linux SO is installed. That's...
  5. XP Virtual Machine Installed using Hyper-v win 10 Integration issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    XP Virtual Machine Installed using Hyper-v win 10 Integration issue: I installed XP VM using Hyper-v and vmguest 2012 r2. Integration part: The cursor moves from XP windows to Windows 10. From XP windows I can't see Windows 10 c:\ drive, ROM drives or USB data drive. I am struggling. Any Help is appreciated....
  6. Win 10 refuses to see XP machine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 refuses to see XP machine: I just hooked up a new windows 10 computer. I have a bunch of stuff stored on my XP computer that also shares the parallel printer with a Windows 7 computer and I planned to share it with the Windows 10 computer. The XP computer is called slickswintel and has a static IP...
  7. Virtual XP

Virtual XP: Where do I look for directions and discussion for using Virtual XP on a Windows 10 computer ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-xp/0964eb2c-6c4d-4e07-9475-3d888f414044
  8. Windows XP Virtual machine on Windows 10

Windows XP Virtual machine on Windows 10: Hi all- I'm looking for some suggestions on how to install Windows XP virtual PC on to my new Windows 10 Enterprise Edition. Really need XP to run some very old Windows 32-bit apps. Can I do it on windows 10? what are the other possibilities? Thanks for you time....
  9. Hyper-V - Add Windows XP Mode Virtual Machine in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hyper-V - Add Windows XP Mode Virtual Machine in Windows 10: How to: Hyper-V - Add Windows XP Mode Virtual Machine in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows XP Mode is a free pre-installed virtual machine running on Virtual PC in Windows 7. See the tutorial on our sister site Seven Forums: Windows XP Mode - Install and Setup -...
  10. build 9860 Win 7 and XP machine access (solved)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    build 9860 Win 7 and XP machine access (solved): Hi there Old network problem has re-appeared again in build 9860 W7 and XP machines cannot access W10 machine. W10 machine CAN access W7 and XP. The XP and W7 machines CAN access W10 when accessed by IP address but it doesn't work by HOSTNAME (or computer name). I am...