Windows 10: win 7 & vista to 10 upgrades??

Discus and support win 7 & vista to 10 upgrades?? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, hope your having a great day.. I have a few desktop's I would like to upgrade, I have 3 that have windows 7 that I installed not long ago.. and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by boatmoter, Sep 12, 2019.

1. boatmoter Win User

win 7 & vista to 10 upgrades??

Hi all, hope your having a great day.. I have a few desktop's I would like to upgrade, I have 3 that have windows 7 that I installed not long ago.. and I have a desktop that has the factory key to vista,but the HHD is formatted, it has the factory product key on the case, the other 2 I did a fresh install of win 7 pro.. they both have their own keys that come with the installation disc, I have 2 later desktops that have win 10 in them with separate keys and disc, heres the question.. can I upgrade the pc's that has the win 7 using the win 10 disc from my other pc's and use the key from the win 7 to activate it??,would like to get win 10 in all of them.. Thanks guy's.. and also,can I upgrade the pc with vista even though the HHD is formatted??*Confused

:)

boatmoter, Sep 12, 2019
  2. endeavor Win User

Replacing Windows Mail in Win-10 with one from Win-Vista.

Clayton, yes you can use your own files, as well realize the files from the tutorial attachments are the exact same thing already coming from Windows Vista - it's all the same.

The tutorial instructions how to do it in every detail are posted Here

Please for your own sake, just be sure you understand the limitations of using the old Vista WinMail client out of it's native environment inside of Windows7/8/10 by reading through the disclaimer, and the Bug List that's linked on the page there, and then decide if you want to do it and if it's right for you.
    Feel free to post your questions over there too.

endeavor, Sep 12, 2019
  3. KLund1 Win User
    Error 0xc000000e - Multi-boot Win 10 SSD Win 8.1, 7 Vista

Hi,
    I have a multi boot system. My main new install is win 10 uefi/gpt Raid 0. I still have my previous installs of Win 10, 8.1, 7, Vista on 2 separate SSD's, in MBR
    I am using the Win 10 boot manager. Win 8.1 and vista boot fine. With the Win 10 (not raid 0 ver) I get the boot error \Windows\system32\winload.exe error 0xc000000e.
    I have booted to 2 USB stick versions of win 10(one uefi gpt, other mbr) to attempt startup repair. I do not get a list of OS's to select for repair. I think that is because the main Win 10 raid 0 is GPT not MBR.
    I seem to remember that if I copy a couple files from a working OS to anther it fixes this problem. I might be wrong.
    Any suggestions to get the non raid versions of win10 to boot? (we'll work on 7 later)

KLund1, Sep 12, 2019
  4. win 7 & vista to 10 upgrades??

Upgrade to Win 10 from Vista with "Vista to Windows 7" Upgrade Software key?

Ive got a Vista to Windows 7 upgrade package that was given to my Dad a few Christmases ago. After Mom passed away last year I brought that PC to my house to replace my daughter's about to die old desktop. I had performed the upgrade to Dad's PC with
    much difficulty, having to follow a bunch of extra steps to make that HP Pavillion Desktop running Vista ready to run the Windows 7 upgrade from the purchased upgrade disk. Soon after I brought the PC home with me, I wiped the PC and reinstalled the factory
    software (back to Vista). I ran the same "ready the HP computer for Windows 7" procedure (which I had gotten from the Windows support site as a quick registry fix that ran from a downloaded .msi file). The Win7 upgrade would not work, and I tried several
    times. NOw that Windows 10 is free to upgrade from 7, I was wondering if I might get a Win10 upgrade install by using the Windows 7 upgrade License Key. Anyone have such a knowledge as to whether this is possible? I have not been able to complete the
    upgrade to Windows 7 on my Vista machine, and if it is possible to get an authorized download using my Vista to Win 7 License key, that would be great.

DaleLature, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

win 7 & vista to 10 upgrades??

1. win 7 & vista to 10 upgrades?? - Similar Threads - vista upgrades

2. lost windows Free upgrade key from Vista via 7 to windows 10 when HDD replaced.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    lost windows Free upgrade key from Vista via 7 to windows 10 when HDD replaced.: Hi,I have an older dell, still an OK PC. I lost windows Free upgrade key from Vista via 7 to windows 10 when I had to replace the hard drive, is there a way of getting a new key free or do i have to buy a Key?...
  3. lost windows Free upgrade key from Vista via 7 to windows 10 when HDD replaced.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost windows Free upgrade key from Vista via 7 to windows 10 when HDD replaced.: Hi,I have an older dell, still an OK PC. I lost windows Free upgrade key from Vista via 7 to windows 10 when I had to replace the hard drive, is there a way of getting a new key free or do i have to buy a Key?...
  4. lost windows Free upgrade key from Vista via 7 to windows 10 when HDD replaced.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I have a TravelMate 6292 computer with a windows Vista. Can I update or upgrade it or is it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a TravelMate 6292 computer with a windows Vista. Can I update or upgrade it or is it...: I have a TravelMate 6292 computer with a windows Vista. Can I update or upgrade it or is it totally useless? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-travelmate-6292-computer-with-a-windows/9c077a83-b90e-4099-aa29-e346052e9cbe
  6. I have a TravelMate 6292 computer with a windows Vista. Can I update or upgrade it or is it...

I have a TravelMate 6292 computer with a windows Vista. Can I update or upgrade it or is it...: I have a TravelMate 6292 computer with a windows Vista. Can I update or upgrade it or is it totally useless? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-travelmate-6292-computer-with-a-windows/9c077a83-b90e-4099-aa29-e346052e9cbe
  7. Dell Inspiron 1440 Operating System-Windows Vista & Upgrading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Inspiron 1440 Operating System-Windows Vista & Upgrading: Hello,I have a dell inspiron 1440 that I’ve had for over 13 years. I can still use the internet but chrome needs to be updated as the page doesn’t work as intended. I think it has something to do with the operating system. I have windows vista and was wondering if I were to...
  8. Dell Inspiron 1440 Operating System-Windows Vista & Upgrading

Dell Inspiron 1440 Operating System-Windows Vista & Upgrading: Hello,I have a dell inspiron 1440 that I’ve had for over 13 years. I can still use the internet but chrome needs to be updated as the page doesn’t work as intended. I think it has something to do with the operating system. I have windows vista and was wondering if I were to...
  9. Can't uninstall VMware Tools after upgrading to Windows Vista

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't uninstall VMware Tools after upgrading to Windows Vista: So I upgraded to Windows Vista from Windows XP with VMware Tools for Windows XP installed, but now I can't uninstall it. The reason I want uninstall it and not just update VMware Tools, because if I try that, it says, "Setup requires Windows 7 SP1" or something along the...
  10. Can't uninstall VMware Tools after upgrading to Windows Vista

Can't uninstall VMware Tools after upgrading to Windows Vista: So I upgraded to Windows Vista from Windows XP with VMware Tools for Windows XP installed, but now I can't uninstall it. The reason I want uninstall it and not just update VMware Tools, because if I try that, it says, "Setup requires Windows 7 SP1" or something along the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i upgrade vista to win 10

2. when win 10 is upgraded from 7 does the win 7 program still installed?