Windows 10: win 7 & vista to 10 upgrades??

Discus and support win 7 & vista to 10 upgrades?? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, hope your having a great day.. I have a few desktop's I would like to upgrade, I have 3 that have windows 7 that I installed not long ago.. and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by boatmoter, Sep 12, 2019.

1. boatmoter Win User

win 7 & vista to 10 upgrades??

Hi all, hope your having a great day.. I have a few desktop's I would like to upgrade, I have 3 that have windows 7 that I installed not long ago.. and I have a desktop that has the factory key to vista,but the HHD is formatted, it has the factory product key on the case, the other 2 I did a fresh install of win 7 pro.. they both have their own keys that come with the installation disc, I have 2 later desktops that have win 10 in them with separate keys and disc, heres the question.. can I upgrade the pc's that has the win 7 using the win 10 disc from my other pc's and use the key from the win 7 to activate it??,would like to get win 10 in all of them.. Thanks guy's.. and also,can I upgrade the pc with vista even though the HHD is formatted??*Confused

:)

boatmoter, Sep 12, 2019
  2. endeavor Win User

Replacing Windows Mail in Win-10 with one from Win-Vista.

Clayton, yes you can use your own files, as well realize the files from the tutorial attachments are the exact same thing already coming from Windows Vista - it's all the same.

The tutorial instructions how to do it in every detail are posted Here

Please for your own sake, just be sure you understand the limitations of using the old Vista WinMail client out of it's native environment inside of Windows7/8/10 by reading through the disclaimer, and the Bug List that's linked on the page there, and then decide if you want to do it and if it's right for you.
    Feel free to post your questions over there too.

endeavor, Sep 12, 2019
  3. KLund1 Win User
    Error 0xc000000e - Multi-boot Win 10 SSD Win 8.1, 7 Vista

Hi,
    I have a multi boot system. My main new install is win 10 uefi/gpt Raid 0. I still have my previous installs of Win 10, 8.1, 7, Vista on 2 separate SSD's, in MBR
    I am using the Win 10 boot manager. Win 8.1 and vista boot fine. With the Win 10 (not raid 0 ver) I get the boot error \Windows\system32\winload.exe error 0xc000000e.
    I have booted to 2 USB stick versions of win 10(one uefi gpt, other mbr) to attempt startup repair. I do not get a list of OS's to select for repair. I think that is because the main Win 10 raid 0 is GPT not MBR.
    I seem to remember that if I copy a couple files from a working OS to anther it fixes this problem. I might be wrong.
    Any suggestions to get the non raid versions of win10 to boot? (we'll work on 7 later)

KLund1, Sep 12, 2019
  4. win 7 & vista to 10 upgrades??

Upgrade to Win 10 from Vista with "Vista to Windows 7" Upgrade Software key?

Ive got a Vista to Windows 7 upgrade package that was given to my Dad a few Christmases ago. After Mom passed away last year I brought that PC to my house to replace my daughter's about to die old desktop. I had performed the upgrade to Dad's PC with
    much difficulty, having to follow a bunch of extra steps to make that HP Pavillion Desktop running Vista ready to run the Windows 7 upgrade from the purchased upgrade disk. Soon after I brought the PC home with me, I wiped the PC and reinstalled the factory
    software (back to Vista). I ran the same "ready the HP computer for Windows 7" procedure (which I had gotten from the Windows support site as a quick registry fix that ran from a downloaded .msi file). The Win7 upgrade would not work, and I tried several
    times. NOw that Windows 10 is free to upgrade from 7, I was wondering if I might get a Win10 upgrade install by using the Windows 7 upgrade License Key. Anyone have such a knowledge as to whether this is possible? I have not been able to complete the
    upgrade to Windows 7 on my Vista machine, and if it is possible to get an authorized download using my Vista to Win 7 License key, that would be great.

DaleLature, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

win 7 & vista to 10 upgrades??

1. win 7 & vista to 10 upgrades?? - Similar Threads - vista upgrades

2. DVD player no longer present after upgrade from vista to windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD player no longer present after upgrade from vista to windows 10: After installing windows 10 my built-in DVD player/burner is not present in the hardware list. Does not open, seems unexisting. Even the forced opening with a pen in the little hole does not work. Looks complete powerless. I followed several possible solutions but nothing...
  3. Ex-corporate PC upgraded from Vista to W10 will not activate Windows.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Ex-corporate PC upgraded from Vista to W10 will not activate Windows.: I purchased a PC advertised as Windows 10 from a favourite charity shop. It had been upgraded to Windows 10 from Vista and has a watermark in the bottom right of the screen, saying "Activate Windows, Go to settings to activate windows." I have found that this is an...
  4. Acer Aspire 4315 2904 need help to upgrade to windows 10 from vista?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Acer Aspire 4315 2904 need help to upgrade to windows 10 from vista?: Hello i have a acer aspire 4315 2904 laptop 32 bit operating system with windows vista it has 3 gigs of ram intel Core 2 dou T5750 upgraded cpu from a Celeron cpu with a upgraded one Terabyte hard drive had it upgraded from windows home basic to windows home premium 32 bit...
  5. Unable to upgrade from Windows Vista to Windows 10

Unable to upgrade from Windows Vista to Windows 10: Purchased Windows 10. Tried to Install it. It installed something that asked me to buy something else for $29. I don't want to buy anything, just install Windows 10. I have Windows Vista. ***Title modified from Install Windows 10***...
  6. Upgrading Vista to Win 10 using media tool on usb, getting errors

Upgrading Vista to Win 10 using media tool on usb, getting errors: I'm trying to upgrade a Windows Vista machine to Windows 10 using an installation media tool to boot from USB thumb drive. I've gotten so far as to see the new Win10 logo on the screen then get a message that the PC needs to be repaired following by the error code 0xc0000098....
  7. Vista upgrade to Windows10

Vista upgrade to Windows10: Hey guys i have a friend with an old laptop running Vista what is the best way to upgrade it to W10 ?? Can i upgrade to W7 then on to W10 ? Or is there another way without buying W10 ? I checked to see if it would run W10 and it's processor and stuff will ! Any answers...
  8. Vista upgrade to Windows10

in Windows 10 Support
    Vista upgrade to Windows10: Hey guys i have a friend with an old laptop running Vista what is the best way to upgrade it to W10 ?? Can i upgrade to W7 then on to W10 ? Or is there another way without buying W10 ? I checked to see if it would run W10 and it's processor and stuff will ! Any answers...
  9. Can Window Vista Upgrade To Windows 10

Can Window Vista Upgrade To Windows 10: Hi, I have a computer with Windows Vista Home Premium installed. I wanted to know if i could upgrade it to Windows 7 or Windows 10 for free. Thank You....
  10. Can I use license of Windows 10 of broken computer to upgrade my Vista

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I use license of Windows 10 of broken computer to upgrade my Vista: I do have a Vista OS in my computer. I understand it can not be uppgraded right away to Windows 10. But my brothers hardware was damaged badly. He had Windows 10 in that computer. Is it possible to use that lisence? If someone can help, I'm grateful, of course. 57538

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when win 10 is upgraded from 7 does the win 7 program still installed?