Windows 10: Win 8.1 to 10 upgrade error: "SetupDiag.exe stopped working"

Discus and support Win 8.1 to 10 upgrade error: "SetupDiag.exe stopped working" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm upgrading from Win 8.1 to 10. At some point getting "SetupDiag.exe stopped working" dialog box. After that installation automatically starts from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Roman__1, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Roman__1 Win User

Win 8.1 to 10 upgrade error: "SetupDiag.exe stopped working"

I'm upgrading from Win 8.1 to 10. At some point getting "SetupDiag.exe stopped working" dialog box. After that installation automatically starts from beginning.Hope it's not a unique problem and there is a solution. Here is screenshot

:)

Roman__1, Sep 17, 2021
  2. Caledon Ken, Sep 17, 2021
  3. Can't upgrade from Win 8 to Win 10

Jessen P -- Thanks for responding. I looked at the link you provided, but it just provides a small list of error codes and possible causes for the error. Didn't see any steps to take to resolve the issue. And none of the listed error codes are the
    same as the one I got 0x80070006-0x90016 when I tried to upgrade to win 10.

PhilSaxton, Sep 17, 2021
  4. Keith_O Win User

Upgrading from WIN 8 to Win 10

hello,

I have a desktop running Win 8

Can anyone provide a step by step upgrade path/instructions to delete Win 8 and load/run Win 10..

thanks

Keith_O, Sep 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Win 8.1 to 10 upgrade error: "SetupDiag.exe stopped working" - Similar Threads - upgrade error SetupDiag

2. Error .exe stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error .exe stopped working: Hello, I have programmed an executable in fortran and when I run it I get the error .exe it stopped working. It's not the first executable I've done and so far it's worked well for me. Nor do I think it is a matter of the capacity of the computer since I have looked at the...
  3. Error .exe stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error .exe stopped working: Hello, I have programmed an executable in fortran and when I run it I get the error .exe it stopped working. It's not the first executable I've done and so far it's worked well for me. Nor do I think it is a matter of the capacity of the computer since I have looked at the...
  4. Error .exe stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..: Hi team.I have an issue with updating from win 8 to. 8.1..or 10.I don't use my notebook that often and only for email, word documents and printing..small browsing and you tube.Don't wanna buy a new machine just yet...I'm running win8 x 64 bit.But want to update the os to a...
  6. Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..

Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..: Hi team.I have an issue with updating from win 8 to. 8.1..or 10.I don't use my notebook that often and only for email, word documents and printing..small browsing and you tube.Don't wanna buy a new machine just yet...I'm running win8 x 64 bit.But want to update the os to a...
  7. Error code: 1-8

Error code: 1-8: A few months ago I bought the virtual reality headset hp reverb g2 and after a week i did not playing them I had the error 8-1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-1-8/528667d3-0819-45b7-8cf4-848089f68983
  8. upgrade from win 8 to win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade from win 8 to win 10: hi can I upgrade my win 8 on a tablet samsung Ativ tab3 to win 10 thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-win-8-to-win-10/61700be7-585e-4c5c-8493-1a14befff78e
  9. cant upgrade from win 8 to win 10

cant upgrade from win 8 to win 10: 1. I have bought a genuine key of wins 10 pro 2. I had downloaded windows upgrade assistant and it started its work and after downlaoding 100% it says windows needs your attention on this ……. the following app is not compatible with windows uninstall it manually but...
  10. Win 8 not 8.1 upgrade to win 10?

Win 8 not 8.1 upgrade to win 10?: I have a laptop with win 8 on it it does not have win 8.1 on it, can I use the win 10 mediacreation tool to upgrade win 8 (non 8.1) to win 10? 43418

Users found this page by searching for:

1. setupdiag.exe stopped working windows 10 installation

2. win8.1 setupdiag

3. setupdiag.exe has stopped working windows 8.1 failed

4. setupdiag.exe has stopped working