Windows 10: Win 8.1 / Win 10 Program Files on another drive

Discus and support Win 8.1 / Win 10 Program Files on another drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Since a few weeks i have a new pc with 256GB SSD and 1TB hdd. My windows is installed on the ssd. My problem is that my ssd becomes in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by harm27, Aug 11, 2015.

1. harm27 Win User

Win 8.1 / Win 10 Program Files on another drive

Hello,

Since a few weeks i have a new pc with 256GB SSD and 1TB hdd.
    My windows is installed on the ssd.
    My problem is that my ssd becomes in a few days full when i install all my programs.
    I tried several ways to get my programs to another drive.
    But every time i get blocked by windows that another user is owning the folder.

What i tried is moving program files and program files x86 to my hdd and make a symlink from my ssd to my hdd.
    But i can't move all programs from ssd to my hdd.

Has anyone have a advise for my to solve this program?

Greetings,

Harm

:)

harm27, Aug 11, 2015

2. want to keep win *.1 on the same drive and put win 10 on another drive

I want to keep my win 8.1 as I have it running as I want it the win 10 upgrade wants to delete the win 8.1 so I stop it how can I keep win 8.1 on C: and put win 10 on another drive I have 7 drives on the machine

clyde ereed, Aug 11, 2015
  3. MBellomr Win User
    on windows 10 how to delete on another hard drive win 7 Program files to format Disk

on windows 10 how to delete on another hard drive win 7 Program files to format Disk

MBellomr, Aug 11, 2015
  4. js1662 Win User

One way that I can think of is uninstall the program and re-install it but this time, specify the install location to the hdd instead of the default one (most programs allow you to do that). Pick the largest program first and repeat until you are satisfied with the space on the ssd.

js1662, Aug 12, 2015
Thema:

1. Win 8.1 / Win 10 Program Files on another drive - Similar Threads - Program Files another

2. Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..: Hi team.I have an issue with updating from win 8 to. 8.1..or 10.I don't use my notebook that often and only for email, word documents and printing..small browsing and you tube.Don't wanna buy a new machine just yet...I'm running win8 x 64 bit.But want to update the os to a...
  3. Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..: Hi team.I have an issue with updating from win 8 to. 8.1..or 10.I don't use my notebook that often and only for email, word documents and printing..small browsing and you tube.Don't wanna buy a new machine just yet...I'm running win8 x 64 bit.But want to update the os to a...
  4. Reinstall win 10 from 1 computer and load it on to another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall win 10 from 1 computer and load it on to another: I'm downloading a fresh reinstall win 10 from my HP laptop but using it to reinstall on my Acer as after a reinstall on it it's not working right, Can I do that and how would I download it on to the Acer. what are the steps to do it, it's loading on to a moveable hard drive?...
  5. upgrade from win 8 to win 10

upgrade from win 8 to win 10: hi can I upgrade my win 8 on a tablet samsung Ativ tab3 to win 10 thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-win-8-to-win-10/61700be7-585e-4c5c-8493-1a14befff78e
  6. Getting a program designed for Win 8 to run on Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Getting a program designed for Win 8 to run on Win 10: I purchased a program that was apparently designed to run on Win 8 for my Win 10 PC (all are current versions) and am unable to get it to run. The program is ShadowFX from Stardock Software. Is there something I can do to make such a program run on Win 10? Thanks....
  7. Win 10 a "refresh" or an "upgrade" from Win 7 and Win 8?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 a "refresh" or an "upgrade" from Win 7 and Win 8?: I have been under the impression that Win 10 may be like an upgrade so you don't have to re-install all your desktop programs. If it is a "refresh" what a pain *Sad If it is an upgrade will it kill Windows Media Center or might it actually survive to run in Win 10? 5917
  8. Programs issues after upgrading win 8 to win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs issues after upgrading win 8 to win 10: I have had this Asus laptop for over a year (i3 4gb ram intel hd 4000 video card). With windows 8 64bit, I was able to run minecraft filling 1/2 the screen and firefox filling the other half with no issues. I would generally stream hulu or youtube while playing minecraft....
  9. Win 8 not 8.1 upgrade to win 10?

Win 8 not 8.1 upgrade to win 10?: I have a laptop with win 8 on it it does not have win 8.1 on it, can I use the win 10 mediacreation tool to upgrade win 8 (non 8.1) to win 10? 43418
  10. Ssd win 10 drive + hdd program and file drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Ssd win 10 drive + hdd program and file drive: I have read many articles on setting up my SSD drive as my boot drive, and using my HDD for file and programs I don't need the speed for. I have read everything from moving users, files, and changing default locations using the registry, to just creating D:/program files...