Windows 10: Win 8 not 8.1 upgrade to win 10?

Discus and support Win 8 not 8.1 upgrade to win 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a laptop with win 8 on it it does not have win 8.1 on it, can I use the win 10 mediacreation tool to upgrade win 8 (non 8.1) to win 10? 43418 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by upcoast, Mar 7, 2016.

1. upcoast Win User

Win 8 not 8.1 upgrade to win 10?

I have a laptop with win 8 on it it does not have win 8.1 on it, can I use the win 10 mediacreation tool to upgrade win 8 (non 8.1) to win 10?

:)

upcoast, Mar 7, 2016
  2. Time Lady Win User

Problem of no price.

Because Home & Pro are different versions of the same OS. The only way you can upgrade from Home to Pro is either purchasing a key/license from MS or using a Windows 8/8.1 pro key.

Only MS know why they offered Win 7 & 8/8.1 users a free upgrade to Win 10. If you had Win 7/8/8.1 pro installed you received Win 10 pro.

I had a Win 8 pro key & used that to upgrade my Win 10 home.

Time Lady, Mar 7, 2016
  3. Windows 10 upgrade

I want to upgrade to win 10 but I'm still on windows 8 not 8.1 because the 8.1 version really messes up my laptop. I've tried to upgrade to 8.1 twice an still the same results. The windows screen just blinks continuously and I have no control over it.
    I've had to go back to win 8 each time and block the 8.1 upgrade. Is there any way to get win 10 without having win 8.1?

lawrencenorvick, Mar 7, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

Yes - you do not need to update to 8.1 or install any updates.

If you prefer you can clean install and use 8 key to activate (run showkeyplus to extract key before you upgrade if you do not know it).

cereberus, Mar 7, 2016
  5. Oh really? See, I thought you had to install Windows 8.1 at least, and then run the upgrade (then you could clean install later). Shows what I know? Is it because the Windows 8 key is compatible?

Jody Thornton, Mar 9, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Windows 8.1 was only required (and still is) to get Windows 10 to show up in Windows Update. It was never required to upgrade to Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool and/or ISO file.

NavyLCDR, Mar 9, 2016
  7. You can go directly from 7, 8, or 8.1.

DeaconFrost, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 8 not 8.1 upgrade to win 10? - Similar Threads - upgrade

2. Upgrading windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading windows 11: I have windows 10 pro on my computer, will it upgrade to the pro version of 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-windows-11/b5f8703e-4051-450f-9a12-1d6a561fe7c3
  3. Upgrading windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading windows 11: I have windows 10 pro on my computer, will it upgrade to the pro version of 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-windows-11/b5f8703e-4051-450f-9a12-1d6a561fe7c3
  4. Win 7 laptop locked can't access or upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 7 laptop locked can't access or upgrade: I got this Win 7 laptop from a friend who forgot the password for the admin account. I have been looking online for a few hours now on trying to unlock it. I can't even reset. every thing I try keeps asking for admin password. I don't know how to delete password or even...
  5. Win 7 laptop locked can't access or upgrade

Win 7 laptop locked can't access or upgrade: I got this Win 7 laptop from a friend who forgot the password for the admin account. I have been looking online for a few hours now on trying to unlock it. I can't even reset. every thing I try keeps asking for admin password. I don't know how to delete password or even...
  6. Windows 11 upgrade - help needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 upgrade - help needed: When i run pc health check, i get message PC doesn't meet w11 requirement. The only mismatch is processor.However my processor is appearing in the list of CPU. PFA snapshot. Is this a bug in the tool?...
  7. Windows 11 upgrade - help needed

Windows 11 upgrade - help needed: When i run pc health check, i get message PC doesn't meet w11 requirement. The only mismatch is processor.However my processor is appearing in the list of CPU. PFA snapshot. Is this a bug in the tool?...
  8. Unable to upgrade to windows 11, I do not think my surface is eligible.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to upgrade to windows 11, I do not think my surface is eligible.: Hello everyone. I recently heard that windows 11 has been released. However I did see what surface devices were eligible for an upgrade and unfortunately I don't think mine is eligible. I own a surface laptop 1st gen. I do not think they will allow that to upgrade to windows...
  9. upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade: Hello, how can I upgrade my windows 10 pro version 21H1 to windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade/e567fe62-2487-4248-9d92-d3e44152bebf
  10. Unable to upgrade to windows 11, I do not think my surface is eligible.

Unable to upgrade to windows 11, I do not think my surface is eligible.: Hello everyone. I recently heard that windows 11 has been released. However I did see what surface devices were eligible for an upgrade and unfortunately I don't think mine is eligible. I own a surface laptop 1st gen. I do not think they will allow that to upgrade to windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x800f0955 INSTALL_UPDATES