Windows 10: Win 8 pro full in Hyper-V won't accept key.

Discus and support Win 8 pro full in Hyper-V won't accept key. in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Win 8 pro full in Hyper-V won't accept key. Says win 8 pro is an update version. Show key shows there is a Vista marker in the VM firmware. Any way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by fjk61011, Nov 14, 2015.

1. fjk61011 Win User

Win 8 pro full in Hyper-V won't accept key.

Win 8 pro full in Hyper-V won't accept key. Says win 8 pro is an update version. Show key shows there is a Vista marker in the VM firmware.

Any way round this?

:)

fjk61011, Nov 14, 2015
  2. Chrisb111 Win User

Jasc photoshop pro 9 won't open

Hi

I have it running ok on a Win 10 Pro which was upgraded from Win 7 but it won't display on a clean install of Win 10 Pro. I eventually gave up, enabled Hyper-V, set up Win 7 32bit and installed it on that. Use remote desktop to connect full screen to the
    virtual instance and all is good.

CB

Chrisb111, Nov 14, 2015
  3. Update Win10 single language to pro on new laptop.

Hi!

I bought new laptop and find it have win10 home SL which means no eng language and hyper-v for me. I have my old laptop where windows 8.1 pro was installed(Windows 7 home premium -(upgrade key)> win 8 pro -> win 8.1 pro) and updated to Win 10 Pro.

My question is: There are any ways to upgrade windows 10 home to pro on my new laptop? I really don't want to make my full way (7->8->8.1->10) to getting Win 10 pro.

I'm going to install win7 on old laptop and give it to new owner.

Looking forward for your answer(s).

Igor Sharapov, Nov 14, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

Showkey saying "vista marker" is normal in Hyper-V Vms - it always does.

What is your 8 Pro key? Is it an upgrade from 7? IF so you could follow this Clean Install with Windows 8 Upgrade

Otherwise use the ShowKey option to check your key and see what type it is.

Thema:

1. Win 8 pro full in Hyper-V won't accept key. - Similar Threads - pro full Hyper

2. Win 11 Pro on Win 11 Pro Hyper-V: no login prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 Pro on Win 11 Pro Hyper-V: no login prompt: I downloaded the Windows 11 Pro iso directly from Microsoft. I am using a retail generic key to install but not activate. I have guest extensions turned off. I use Hypr-V's connect to interact in all cases. Install is successful, I log in with a secondary account, all is...
  3. Win 11 Pro on Win 11 Pro Hyper-V: no login prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 Pro on Win 11 Pro Hyper-V: no login prompt: I downloaded the Windows 11 Pro iso directly from Microsoft. I am using a retail generic key to install but not activate. I have guest extensions turned off. I use Hypr-V's connect to interact in all cases. Install is successful, I log in with a secondary account, all is...
  4. Win 11 ISO made from Hyper-V sysprep won't accept any key at install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 ISO made from Hyper-V sysprep won't accept any key at install: Team,I created a custom ISO with all of our apps installed from Windows 11 on a Hyper-V. Windows activated with digital key.I sysprepped it and went through the motions to create an image. Now when I try to install this image on a fresh computer, it stops at the screen asking...
  5. Win 11 ISO made from Hyper-V sysprep won't accept any key at install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 ISO made from Hyper-V sysprep won't accept any key at install: Team,I created a custom ISO with all of our apps installed from Windows 11 on a Hyper-V. Windows activated with digital key.I sysprepped it and went through the motions to create an image. Now when I try to install this image on a fresh computer, it stops at the screen asking...
  6. Hyper-V is it for Win 10 Pro ONLY

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper-V is it for Win 10 Pro ONLY: I have a The Windows 10 is Home... desktop PC... Hyper-V is it for Win 10 Pro ONLY...? If Hyper-V can run too on Windows Home... I must disable it to run VMs in Virtual Box or VMware Player??? How to disable Hyper-V in Windows 10 Home...? I must enable Hyper-V if I want to...
  7. Established win 7 pro into Hyper-V or

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Established win 7 pro into Hyper-V or: I have win7 pro Latitude e6530 thats loaded with software and business items that took me years to build. Can I bring this image into my new win 10pro XPS 13 used as a virtual? Could I use Redeploy from macrium reflect to help? I'd be happy with being able to boot from an...
  8. Hyper-V Full Screen after minimising session?

Hyper-V Full Screen after minimising session?: I know yu can alter the hyper-v configuration files so it starts in full screen mode, but if you minimise a session to the taskbar, and maximise again, it always reverts to windows mode rather than full screen mode, and you have to manually set to fullscreen again Anybody...
  9. stalled install of hyper-v on win 10 pro host

stalled install of hyper-v on win 10 pro host: Hi, I hope someone may be able to point me in the right direction. I am installing win 10 pro on my machine, which goes fine, then when i try to install hyper-v (add program and features) it seems to go well, reboots, tells me installing features, reboots again, then just...
  10. Local Resources not showing for Win 10 Pro Hyper-V VM

Local Resources not showing for Win 10 Pro Hyper-V VM: Hey- I've been troubleshooting this for ages, and am getting no-where fast! *Mad I'm basically trying to get a webcam to be available in the Windows 10 Pro Gen2 VM using Hyper-V. My host is Windows 10 Pro (on the same PC). I've read that I need to use RDP to...
Tags: