Windows 10: Win 8 To Win 10 Update Broke Gaming Performance

Discus and support Win 8 To Win 10 Update Broke Gaming Performance in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, recently my brother wanted his laptop to be upgraded to windows 10 because a lot of apps didn't support windows 8. Couple of minutes later he told... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tea-M., Jan 16, 2021.

1. Tea-M. Win User

Win 8 To Win 10 Update Broke Gaming Performance

Hi, recently my brother wanted his laptop to be upgraded to windows 10 because a lot of apps didn't support windows 8. Couple of minutes later he told me that a game Roblox was running on low fps 1-5 fps. He said It wasn't like this on windows 8. I've made sure all drivers are up to date and the graphics settings in-game are at lowest possible, still no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

OS INFO:

Edition: Windows 10 Home N

Version: 20H2

OS build: 19042.631

Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

LAPTOP INFO:

Processor: AMD A8-5550M APU with Radeontm HD Graphics - 2.10 GHz

Installed RAM: 12.0 GB 11.2 GB usable

System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

:)

Tea-M., Jan 16, 2021
  2. I have QQ Win User

Win 10 update broke my FTL game

Win 10 update broke my FTL game on Steam. Now the mouse goes crazy.

I am sure some of you MS engineers got this simple yet fun game too. And why I can't access compatibility tab? Where did you hide it? Why did you hide it?

Y aren't you fixing this?

Your Win 10 IS A JOKE. I thinking of going back to my old Win 7

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 /Windows update, recovery, & backup

I have QQ, Jan 16, 2021
  3. Microsoft Acknowledges Gaming Performance Issues Under Win 10 Creators Update

yeah, I run Win 10 and Win 7 dual boot on separate ssd's. and to be honest I get better performance in gaming benchmarks and higher fps in Win 7. I prefer Win 10 though just for the look of it(subjective) and never upgraded from the 1607 Anniversary build nor have been offered it through Windows update.
    having seen all the issues with the 'Creators' update on the BF1 forums I never had any intention of using it thankfully.

chief-gunney, Jan 16, 2021
  4. Win 8 To Win 10 Update Broke Gaming Performance

Win 10 1607 update

Installed the update manually at the the moment everything is bueno.
    It seems that Microsoft has a big problem in there update department windows 7 update has problems win 8 update has problems. Windows 10 update is so-so.

Countryside, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

Win 8 To Win 10 Update Broke Gaming Performance

1. Win 8 To Win 10 Update Broke Gaming Performance - Similar Threads - Update Broke Gaming

2. Update from Win 8 to Win 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update from Win 8 to Win 8.1: I have downloaded Win 8.1 and in an attempt to install it on my system currently running on Win 8, it's taking more than 8 hours and it's still stuck at 0% complete.Therefore something is not right.I have a strong internet connection.Please someone help!...
  3. Update from Win 8 to Win 8.1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update from Win 8 to Win 8.1: I have downloaded Win 8.1 and in an attempt to install it on my system currently running on Win 8, it's taking more than 8 hours and it's still stuck at 0% complete.Therefore something is not right.I have a strong internet connection.Please someone help!...
  4. Update from Win 8 to Win 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update from Win 8 to Win 8.1: I have downloaded Win 8.1 from Microsoft site and on unzipping to install and upgrade my Win 8, it's taking like forever for the installation to progress past 0% complete.Please what do I do?...
  5. Update from Win 8 to Win 8.1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update from Win 8 to Win 8.1: I have downloaded Win 8.1 from Microsoft site and on unzipping to install and upgrade my Win 8, it's taking like forever for the installation to progress past 0% complete.Please what do I do?...
  6. Win 8 To Win 10 Update Broke Gaming Performance

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 8 To Win 10 Update Broke Gaming Performance: [ATTACH] Hi, recently my brother wanted his laptop to be upgraded to windows 10 because a lot of apps didn't support windows 8. Couple of minutes later he told me that a game (Roblox) was running on low fps (1-5 fps). He said It wasn't like this on windows 8. I've made...
  7. gaming performance low on win 10 home

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    gaming performance low on win 10 home: ok so when I start battlefield 3 then minimise it and open task view this searchui.exe pops up don't know why and it takes cpu and I lag in game my fps drops what to do please help 127733
  8. low gaming performance win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    low gaming performance win 10: I made a post earlier but no help now in game I click task manager and searchui.exe pops up suddenly it drops my frames in game and lags I disabled cortana but again this thing showed up again plz help...
  9. low gaming performance win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    low gaming performance win 10: ok so I created a post before for this but no help here is the screenshot of cpu usage while in game these svchosts take cpu as well in game why so [ATTACH]...
  10. Games performance after Win updates.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games performance after Win updates.: Hey, This problem started to appear for me after the creators updates a few month ago. Any game that I used to run on windowed or borderless windowed mode started to have this sort of flickering that you`ll see in the images. The only fix that I`ve then was to use...