Windows 10: Win 8 upgraded to Win 10, after Win 10 reset the account Admin changed

Discus and support Win 8 upgraded to Win 10, after Win 10 reset the account Admin changed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an ASUS G75VX, that came with Win 8. When I upgraded to Win 10, I had user groups and no default admin account. Which are features of Win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PaulAK67, Nov 3, 2019.

1. PaulAK67 Win User

Win 8 upgraded to Win 10, after Win 10 reset the account Admin changed

I have an ASUS G75VX, that came with Win 8. When I upgraded to Win 10, I had user groups and no default admin account. Which are features of Win 10 Pro.

Recently I had an error that would not self repair. So I did a reset (keeping my data).

After the reset, I have Win 10 Home, no User Groups and a new Administrator (built in) account.

ASUS stored my original Win 8 Product key in the BIOS, but I don't seem to be able to access it.

A key recovery tool says I have a Win 10 Pro key in my BIOS, (demo version, only shows me 4 characters) that does not match any part of the generic Win 10 upgrade key or the key displayed in System (after the reset).

The upgrade was linked to my hardware, not my MS account.

Is there a way I can be sure of resetting back to not having a built in Admin account?

How can I recover the Win 8 or original win 10 upgrade key?

I have an esd file, on a secondary drive that may have been related to my original upgrade. I don't know if this has a key I need in it.

:)

PaulAK67, Nov 3, 2019
  2. RealNeil Win User

Win 10 boots...

I can't answer to the speed of Win-8 booting. I tried the Win-8 preview and went back to Win-7 after a month. They say that Win-8.1 is a lot better than Win-8 was.
    My Win-10 TP is working well ATM.

RealNeil, Nov 3, 2019
  3. Fresh Install of Win 10 without Serial Key?

Looking to reformat a laptops HDD, and then reinstall Win 10 fresh. The problem is it came pre-installed with Win 8 and I did the free upgrade to Win 10. How exactly would I re-format the HDD, reinstall Win 10 and ensure it reactivates properly? I don't see a Win 8 serial key anywhere in the contents of the box.

Flogger23m, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Keith_O Win User

Upgrading from WIN 8 to Win 10

hello,

I have a desktop running Win 8

Can anyone provide a step by step upgrade path/instructions to delete Win 8 and load/run Win 10..

thanks

Keith_O, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Win 8 upgraded to Win 10, after Win 10 reset the account Admin changed - Similar Threads - upgraded reset account

2. Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..: Hi team.I have an issue with updating from win 8 to. 8.1..or 10.I don't use my notebook that often and only for email, word documents and printing..small browsing and you tube.Don't wanna buy a new machine just yet...I'm running win8 x 64 bit.But want to update the os to a...
  3. Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..: Hi team.I have an issue with updating from win 8 to. 8.1..or 10.I don't use my notebook that often and only for email, word documents and printing..small browsing and you tube.Don't wanna buy a new machine just yet...I'm running win8 x 64 bit.But want to update the os to a...
  4. Disable Microsoft accounts on Win 8 and Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Microsoft accounts on Win 8 and Win 10: I have seen another thread that is now locked and it was outlined in there but the user that posted it had some things named wrong as by his words english was a second language and he was using his native language in windows. See original:...
  5. upgrade from win 8 to win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade from win 8 to win 10: hi can I upgrade my win 8 on a tablet samsung Ativ tab3 to win 10 thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-win-8-to-win-10/61700be7-585e-4c5c-8493-1a14befff78e
  6. Reset from Win 10 to Factory Default Win 8

Reset from Win 10 to Factory Default Win 8: which Option does lead to reset PC from Win 10 Home to Factory Default Win 8? if exist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-from-win-10-to-factory-default-win-8/f6dada1c-a39e-4b80-942d-236bee896dae
  7. cant upgrade from win 8 to win 10

cant upgrade from win 8 to win 10: 1. I have bought a genuine key of wins 10 pro 2. I had downloaded windows upgrade assistant and it started its work and after downlaoding 100% it says windows needs your attention on this ……. the following app is not compatible with windows uninstall it manually but...
  8. Win 10 a "refresh" or an "upgrade" from Win 7 and Win 8?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 a "refresh" or an "upgrade" from Win 7 and Win 8?: I have been under the impression that Win 10 may be like an upgrade so you don't have to re-install all your desktop programs. If it is a "refresh" what a pain *Sad If it is an upgrade will it kill Windows Media Center or might it actually survive to run in Win 10? 5917
  9. Programs issues after upgrading win 8 to win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs issues after upgrading win 8 to win 10: I have had this Asus laptop for over a year (i3 4gb ram intel hd 4000 video card). With windows 8 64bit, I was able to run minecraft filling 1/2 the screen and firefox filling the other half with no issues. I would generally stream hulu or youtube while playing minecraft....
  10. Win 8 not 8.1 upgrade to win 10?

Win 8 not 8.1 upgrade to win 10?: I have a laptop with win 8 on it it does not have win 8.1 on it, can I use the win 10 mediacreation tool to upgrade win 8 (non 8.1) to win 10? 43418