Windows 10: win activation or upgrade

Discus and support win activation or upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i installed different hdd,original one broke,it had win 7 home prem.originally and on the new hdd i installed win 10 pro but cant or wont activate do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by eddierodriguez6, Jul 10, 2020.

1. win activation or upgrade

i installed different hdd,original one broke,it had win 7 home prem.originally and on the new hdd i installed win 10 pro but cant or wont activate

do i need to install win 7 and upgrade from there

:)

eddierodriguez6, Jul 10, 2020
  2. lse123 Win User

is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Superfly Win User
    Activation problem after upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10

OK I did the test

From OEM (bios) activated Win 7 Pro VM (to emulate a notebook) - I de-activated it by uninstalling the product key

• Turned off networking
    • Upgraded to Win 10 Pro ( it asked for a key and wouldn't accept the generic Win 10 retail key - it did accept a Win 10 MAK)

Once installed

• Ran slmgr /ato and got this - as expected

win activation or upgrade [​IMG]

Then went to Change Product key and entered the generic and got this:

So it activated locally providing DL but with this in the diag report

Code:
    So we are in grace/notication period but activated

Pertinent error as noted above being

Then with WAN established it deactivated

I had to change product key again to a Win 7 OEM COA key and it then activated with a generic Win 10 OEM digital licence

Conclusion... network access is the root cause of the error (as it says on the tin) so that's what has to be established...

Superfly, Jul 10, 2020
  4. win activation or upgrade

Unable to Activate Win 8

I guess that's two of us with magic Windows 8 upgrade disks. *Laugh :laugh:

TheMailMan78, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

win activation or upgrade

1. win activation or upgrade - Similar Threads - activation upgrade

2. Windows Activation Status After Upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Activation Status After Upgrade to Windows 11: Hi, After updating to Windows 11 during a recent Windows update, I've been using my laptop for several months without any issues. However, I recently started receiving a message indicating that the Windows license will expire soon. Oddly enough, when I check the settings, it...
  3. Windows Activation Status After Upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation Status After Upgrade to Windows 11: Hi, After updating to Windows 11 during a recent Windows update, I've been using my laptop for several months without any issues. However, I recently started receiving a message indicating that the Windows license will expire soon. Oddly enough, when I check the settings, it...
  4. Windows Activation Status After Upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I have upgraded windows 10 from windows 7. My windows 7 was activated but when I upgraded...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have upgraded windows 10 from windows 7. My windows 7 was activated but when I upgraded...: Hello sir/madams, I have upgraded windows 10 from windows 7 for the free from official site of microsoft. My windows 7 was activated but when I upgraded to windows 10 it asks for activation. I can't even personalize my computer. I try to follow the steps it tells me but I...
  6. I have upgraded windows 10 from windows 7. My windows 7 was activated but when I upgraded...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have upgraded windows 10 from windows 7. My windows 7 was activated but when I upgraded...: Hello sir/madams, I have upgraded windows 10 from windows 7 for the free from official site of microsoft. My windows 7 was activated but when I upgraded to windows 10 it asks for activation. I can't even personalize my computer. I try to follow the steps it tells me but I...
  7. I have upgraded windows 10 from windows 7. My windows 7 was activated but when I upgraded...

8. Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade: Hi,since the support for Win 10 is ending, I wanted to upgrade my dad's PC from Win 10 to Win 11. I have enabled the TPM chip in BIOS and wanted to do the same for Secure Boot which is required, but couldn't turn off the compatibility mode CSM I believe, turning it off is a...
  9. Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade

Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade: Hi,since the support for Win 10 is ending, I wanted to upgrade my dad's PC from Win 10 to Win 11. I have enabled the TPM chip in BIOS and wanted to do the same for Secure Boot which is required, but couldn't turn off the compatibility mode CSM I believe, turning it off is a...
  10. How to upgrade from windows 8.1 (not activated) to windows 10 (I have win 10 key )?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to upgrade from windows 8.1 (not activated) to windows 10 (I have win 10 key )?: Cant find how to do that , all tutorials require activated windows 8.1 ... submitted by /u/savvasr200 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1btr0io/how_to_upgrade_from_windows_81_not_activated_to/