Windows 10: Win Boot Manager - help restore to simple boot.

Discus and support Win Boot Manager - help restore to simple boot. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Please see image below. This came about when I had problems previously and consulted MS service (which wasn't a good idea in retrospect). Now I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nithig, Nov 2, 2020.

1. nithig Win User

Win Boot Manager - help restore to simple boot.

Please see image below.
    This came about when I had problems previously and consulted MS service (which wasn't a good idea in retrospect).
    Now I have to be present when ever the computer starts in order to bypass one window which brings me to the window shown in the image.

How can I remove the top and bottom options leaving only the one I want which is Windows 10?

____________________________________________________________________________

Also once I leave the computer connected online via house WiFi when I return I have to close browser, disconnect internet
    and start again. Any suggestions as to what I might do to fix this?

:)

nithig, Nov 2, 2020

2. Windows boot manager

There could be some system conflict triggered after the said changes. To help you with your concern, we suggest that you perform a clean boot. A
    clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This will help to determine what is causing the issue on the Windows boot manager. To do this, click on this
    link and scroll down to the
    How to determine what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot section then follow the steps listed..

Note: If the installation is successful and the issue has been resolved. Please go through the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual” to reset your computer to the normal startup.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Nov 2, 2020
  3. Help on triple boot: Ubuntu, Win 7, XP.

• [/quote] then run it Code: sudo gparted[/quote]
    • And you should see that the Windows 7 partition has a flag indicating that it is a boot partition, remove that flag;
    • Reinstall Windows XP on sda2 (now XP should install its loader on sda2 too);
    • Test if XP boots from GRUB;
    • After this restore the boot flag on the 7 partition and test all OSs;
    I remember doing something like this long time ago (Longhorn/Vista early days), but it was with two different HDDs so it was "kinda" easier.
    Good luck. Click to expand... I did exactly what you said and came up with the same results. It doesn't really matter, though. It's just a slight inconvenience that I can overlook. However, I will remember the steps and commands your provided me for future reference. I appreciate your time and effort in helping me with this matter. One last question. Is it possible to have the following OS'es: Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows Home Server, all without conflicts?

GoFigureItOut, Nov 2, 2020
  4. ati.bob Win User

Best/Prefered Partition & Boot Manager

I'm looking for a partition and boot manager for my PC once I get my HDD back.. Since PowerQuest had merged with Symantec, it previous line of products (PartitionMagic/BootMagic 8) seems a bit outdated (eg, no Win Server 2003 support, some bugs, etc.)... Any suggestions?

ati.bob, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Win Boot Manager - help restore to simple boot. - Similar Threads - Boot Manager help

2. Help with windows boot manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with windows boot manager: My OS is on my hard drive and my windows boot manager is on my ssd. How do I get windows boot manager on my hard drive? submitted by /u/CrankingTheCrandon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/183bdwt/help_with_windows_boot_manager/
  3. HELP! windows boot manager error ???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! windows boot manager error ???: I have Windows 11and one of my laptops Lenovo suddenly will not boot. I get this message: Under Setup Notice: Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed. HELP!!!!How can I fix this?Meredith...
  4. HELP! windows boot manager error ???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP! windows boot manager error ???: I have Windows 11and one of my laptops Lenovo suddenly will not boot. I get this message: Under Setup Notice: Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed. HELP!!!!How can I fix this?Meredith...
  5. win 10 Boot Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    win 10 Boot Manager: I have 2 win 10 operating systems one on SSD and one on HDD. On boot up Win 10 Boot Manager Displays 2 Boxes one below the other with "Win 10 on Volume 3" and with "Win 10 on Volume 7". I have to select one box or the other to boot Windows 10 otherwise it boots the...
  6. I need help changing what the boot manager boots to

I need help changing what the boot manager boots to: have a laptop that i need need to change what the windows bootmanager boots to becuase i was trying to dual boot and it screwed up the boot partitions for both so i put windows on my hdd(disk 1) but its still using the boot partition from my ssd(disk 0) how can i tell the...
  7. Help Restoring Windows 10 Boot Manager/Loader

Help Restoring Windows 10 Boot Manager/Loader: Last week I was considering switching to Linux OS from Microsoft 10. I downloaded it and tried it out for about a week. Turns out I do not like Linux that much and would like to switch back. So, I deleted Linux from my machine but that created an issue. I now have Linux boot...
  8. boot manager help plz

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    boot manager help plz: I was doing a clean install on win10 home edition on hp laptop, i reodered the boot order in bios and proceeded using a usb. now after tring to install, i get this error.. "windows failed to restart. a recent hardware or software change might be the cause,...
  9. boot manager help plz

in Windows 10 Support
    boot manager help plz: I was doing a clean install on win10 home edition on hp laptop, i reodered the boot order in bios and proceeded using a usb. now after tring to install, i get this error.. "windows failed to restart. a recent hardware or software change might be the cause,...
  10. Restore boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore boot: Hi, I am using a dual boot system (Windows 10 Pro and FreeBSD). I used to boot Windows 10 or BSD through BSD's boot manager. I needed to reinstall Windows 10, so my boot has been overwritten. I tried to restore it, and then I ran into problems.. I am not able to boot...