Windows 10: Win+D - Is there a way for it to only toggle the active monitor?

Discus and support Win+D - Is there a way for it to only toggle the active monitor? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I use Winkey+D a lot... but on my systems with a dual-monitor setup, it's pretty annoying that it toggles both monitors. Is there a utility... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by muzicman82, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Win+D - Is there a way for it to only toggle the active monitor?

Hi all,

I use Winkey+D a lot... but on my systems with a dual-monitor setup, it's pretty annoying that it toggles both monitors. Is there a utility program or a way for this to only toggle the windows where the cursor currently is? Or assign it to only do the primary monitor?

Thanks!

:)

muzicman82, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Toggle keys stopped working after Windows 10 update

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the toggle keys stopped working after the update. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise when the toggle option is turned off in the settings page.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• Access Settings from Start Menu.
    • From Settings, click
      Ease of Access.
    • Select Keyboard from the options.
    • Cast a glance at the right pane of Keyboard. you can see
      Toggle Keys option with a slider.
    • Switch the slider to On mode and activate the feature.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Win+D - Is there a way for it to only toggle the active monitor?

To Turn On or Off Toggle Keys Tone

Hi Marcela,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you have an issue with sound on toggle keys, I suggest you to change the toggle keys settings
    and check.

Steps:

• Press Windows key from keyboard and type
      Toggle.
    • Select Hear a tone while pressing Caps lock, Num lock and Scroll lock.
    • Under Toggle keys, change the settings and check.

If the issue still persists, Run troubleshooter from
    Fix sound problems and check.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with updated status of this issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Win+D - Is there a way for it to only toggle the active monitor?

1. Win+D - Is there a way for it to only toggle the active monitor? - Similar Threads - Win+D toggle active

2. File Explorer not showing up on HDMI monitor connection; only D-Sub

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer not showing up on HDMI monitor connection; only D-Sub: Recently my neighborhood had some power fluctuations. The voltage regulator of my surge protector shut everything down and wouldn't allow me to restart my PC until the power was back to normal. Now I'm having issues with my single monitor display. My computer guy out of...
  3. Make a shortcut to toggle connection to 3rd display only?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Make a shortcut to toggle connection to 3rd display only?: Hey, thanks for reading. Here's the problem: My PC has 2 monitors (Displays 1 & 3) and is connected to the tv (Display 2.) Usually I am only using the 2 monitors so I go into display settings and disconnect Display 2 (I hate it when windows open on the screen that is turned...
  4. Make Win+D only affect one screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Make Win+D only affect one screen: I'm often using a secondary monitor (for music etc. while gaming) with my laptop and I'll often use Win+D to show the desktop. However, it will minimize all windows on both screens, even though doing so on the second one is unnecessary (no notification area/desktop icons). Is...
  5. Bluetooth toggle missing in Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth toggle missing in Win 10: I was using a bluetooth device with my laptop a few hours ago and the toggle is missing. Troubleshooter says - No bluetooth on this device and I have already updated driver in device manager. Restarted laptop 2-3 times as well. Not sure what the problem is here...
  6. display only on monitor 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    display only on monitor 2: Setting up new monitor. selected display on monitor 2 only by mistake. Now cannot get back to laptop display screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/display-only-on-monitor-2/cb0576fc-21e4-48d0-8e2c-c72bedc4452f
  7. only 1 year active win 10 ... rumors or truth?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    only 1 year active win 10 ... rumors or truth?: hello I heard the windows 7 users get only 1 year free active win 10 is that true ? I heard from more than 1 person that's why I m suspicious I have windows 7 sp1 64bit home basic do I get activation for life or 1 year? I already googled this but no clear answer...
  8. Can't arrange two monitors the right way when only one has scaling

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't arrange two monitors the right way when only one has scaling: I have Windows 10 installed on a 2017 iMac. I've connected a second monitor to it that is not retina resolution. When both displays are set to a scale of 1.0 the "select and arrange displays" section looks like this: [img] That's reasonable, as the resolution of the...
  9. Dual Monitors, hotkeys active on one user account only

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitors, hotkeys active on one user account only: Sorry if this is the wrong place, but this is driving me insane. Yesterday I added a second monitor via HDMI to my machine (the original is via VGA). I couldn't get the HDMI one to fill the whole screen, so I was playing with a lot of things (google isn't always good) and...
  10. Win + D doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Win + D doesn't work: Several months ago, the Win + D shortcut stopped working. To the best of my recollection (warning: my memory is not improving with age!) I had made no changes to my system immediately prior to its ceasing to work. It just stopped. I have tried a number of other Win +...