Windows 10: Win+D - Is there a way for it to only toggle the active monitor?

Discus and support Win+D - Is there a way for it to only toggle the active monitor? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I use Winkey+D a lot... but on my systems with a dual-monitor setup, it's pretty annoying that it toggles both monitors. Is there a utility... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by muzicman82, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Win+D - Is there a way for it to only toggle the active monitor?

Hi all,

I use Winkey+D a lot... but on my systems with a dual-monitor setup, it's pretty annoying that it toggles both monitors. Is there a utility program or a way for this to only toggle the windows where the cursor currently is? Or assign it to only do the primary monitor?

Thanks!

:)

muzicman82, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Toggle keys stopped working after Windows 10 update

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the toggle keys stopped working after the update. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise when the toggle option is turned off in the settings page.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• Access Settings from Start Menu.
    • From Settings, click
      Ease of Access.
    • Select Keyboard from the options.
    • Cast a glance at the right pane of Keyboard. you can see
      Toggle Keys option with a slider.
    • Switch the slider to On mode and activate the feature.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Win+D - Is there a way for it to only toggle the active monitor?

To Turn On or Off Toggle Keys Tone

Hi Marcela,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you have an issue with sound on toggle keys, I suggest you to change the toggle keys settings
    and check.

Steps:

• Press Windows key from keyboard and type
      Toggle.
    • Select Hear a tone while pressing Caps lock, Num lock and Scroll lock.
    • Under Toggle keys, change the settings and check.

If the issue still persists, Run troubleshooter from
    Fix sound problems and check.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with updated status of this issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Win+D - Is there a way for it to only toggle the active monitor?

1. Win+D - Is there a way for it to only toggle the active monitor? - Similar Threads - Win+D toggle active

2. Is there any way to change the toggle key of IME?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to change the toggle key of IME?: Hi I use korean Ime.It gives 2 or 3 option to toggle between kor/eng One is right alt with this , right alt does not become right alt anymore. It becomes some special key which have only toggle purpose. Another one is shift + space. For me, Both options have some...
  3. Is there any way to change the toggle key of IME?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to change the toggle key of IME?: Hi I use korean Ime.It gives 2 or 3 option to toggle between kor/eng One is right alt with this , right alt does not become right alt anymore. It becomes some special key which have only toggle purpose. Another one is shift + space. For me, Both options have some...
  4. Toggle focus between monitors in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toggle focus between monitors in windows 10: I'm looking for a hotkey to toggle focus between two extended monitors on windows 10. This means, if I have multiple windows open on each I can jump between the top window on either monitor with a single keystroke, regardless of when I last focused on it this is why Alt+Tab...
  5. Toggle focus between monitors in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Toggle focus between monitors in windows 10: I'm looking for a hotkey to toggle focus between two extended monitors on windows 10. This means, if I have multiple windows open on each I can jump between the top window on either monitor with a single keystroke, regardless of when I last focused on it this is why Alt+Tab...
  6. Bluetooth toggle only on Windows 11!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth toggle only on Windows 11!?: Pretty much bollocks that Microsoft deleted the connect option previously in the action center from Windows 11 quick settings. I liked it when I could just click connect, see my Bluetooth devices plus other network devices and choose to connect them from there. I like Windows...
  7. Bluetooth toggle only on Windows 11!?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth toggle only on Windows 11!?: Pretty much bollocks that Microsoft deleted the connect option previously in the action center from Windows 11 quick settings. I liked it when I could just click connect, see my Bluetooth devices plus other network devices and choose to connect them from there. I like Windows...
  8. Is there an easy way of toggling HDR on and off?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there an easy way of toggling HDR on and off?: I recently got a new monitor that supports HDR - and when I'm actually watching HDR content or gaming it looks fucking amazing, but when I'm not watching HDR (i.e. just on the desktop) it, instead of looking amazing, looks washed out and garbage... From googling around this...
  9. Make Win+D only affect one screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Make Win+D only affect one screen: I'm often using a secondary monitor (for music etc. while gaming) with my laptop and I'll often use Win+D to show the desktop. However, it will minimize all windows on both screens, even though doing so on the second one is unnecessary (no notification area/desktop icons). Is...
  10. Bluetooth toggle missing in Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth toggle missing in Win 10: I was using a bluetooth device with my laptop a few hours ago and the toggle is missing. Troubleshooter says - No bluetooth on this device and I have already updated driver in device manager. Restarted laptop 2-3 times as well. Not sure what the problem is here...